Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So is the most recent issue of X-Men an unsolicited tie-in for that Empyre crossover or did it just coincidentally show up in the lead up to it?

also Broo and Oya rule and it's good to see them again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

So is the most recent issue of X-Men an unsolicited tie-in for that Empyre crossover or did it just coincidentally show up in the lead up to it?

also Broo and Oya rule and it's good to see them again

Probably a little of both. The Shi'ar where always going to be involved in Hickman's X-Men, might as well through some Kree in as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus christ that last page on New Mutants ahahah

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
The new X-Men cover gave me serious arcade Aliens Vs Predator vibes; the issue did not disappoint either!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So digitally, I should just read House of X, then...?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

House of X and Powers of X in the designated reading order. Usually they trade off every other issue, but there’s a couple where they do two issues before going to the other book.

Then X-Men, New Mutants, Marauders, and whatever else

Cable was a lot of fun, surprisingly enough.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So digitally, I should just read House of X, then...?

House of X and Powers of X should be read alternating (roughly - start with HoX and there's a read order in each issue). Then X-Men/Marauders/New Mutants/Excalibur/X-Force/Fallen Angels all start. Read whichever interests you.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Wait hold on. In Marauders 8 did we finally see the Iceman teleport (a referenced power in Age of Apocalypse that I don’t think made it on page) for the first time in 616? Or was that via some other means?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The latest X-Men issue is super fun. I'm a little surprised we're delving into War of Kings territory so heavily, but I don't know why I'm surprised because it was a pretty big deal at the time and changed Shi'ar and Kree status quo a lot, not to mention the part Vulcan played.

And don't tease me with that mention of Black Bolt, Hickman. I need him and the rest of the Inhumans to show up in this series. I thrill for that confrontation.

Rick posted:

Wait hold on. In Marauders 8 did we finally see the Iceman teleport (a referenced power in Age of Apocalypse that I don’t think made it on page) for the first time in 616? Or was that via some other means?
He's done it a rare few times in recent memory, actually. It happened in the Sina Grace Iceman series, issue five. Probably a couple other times I don't remember; it's one of those things that only come up when a writer actually knows Iceman canon really well. :v:

But I don't think he's actually teleporting away in Marauders #8? He wouldn't be able to take Bishop with him, after all. It looks like they're being beamed away somehow, probably by Emma's ship. It's not too clear.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

BrianWilly posted:

The latest X-Men issue is super fun. I'm a little surprised we're delving into War of Kings territory so heavily, but I don't know why I'm surprised because it was a pretty big deal at the time and changed Shi'ar and Kree status quo a lot, not to mention the part Vulcan played.

And don't tease me with that mention of Black Bolt, Hickman. I need him and the rest of the Inhumans to show up in this series. I thrill for that confrontation.

He's done it a rare few times in recent memory, actually. It happened in the Sina Grace Iceman series, issue five. Probably a couple other times I don't remember; it's one of those things that only come up when a writer actually knows Iceman canon really well. :v:

But I don't think he's actually teleporting away in Marauders #8? He wouldn't be able to take Bishop with him, after all. It looks like they're being beamed away somehow, probably by Emma's ship. It's not too clear.

Ah! I bet that series is on Unlimited by now, I was meaning to read it.

And yeah you are right about Bishop.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BrianWilly posted:

I remember War of Kings being as well received as a shart in church so that might be why you stayed away. It was a real let down since it followed after Annihilation and Conquest and then the Cancerverse came after.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Imma post this in the fan art thread too, but here.

https://twitter.com/elliotcomicart/status/1239250934678654976?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i know i'm a week late to this but were people really so surprised that a Gerry Duggan-penned Cable comic is good?

e: colossus you fuckerman what did you do

Alaois fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 18, 2020

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
There is a lot of fun stuff going on in the Green Lagoon!

Mild spoilers of potential couples:

Monet and Maggott
Guido and Selene

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Metalshark posted:

Monet and Maggott
Guido and Selene

Chris and John.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Metalshark posted:

Monet and Maggott
Guido and Selene

Who's the blue dude next to Penance (who I guess started going by Hollow at some point)? It's in the fold for my comic so I can't even get a good look at him.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Skwirl posted:

Who's the blue dude next to Penance (who I guess started going by Hollow at some point)? It's in the fold for my comic so I can't even get a good look at him.

That's Maggott.

There's a couple watching Dazzler right up against the stage; guy with hair that looks like blue flame. Does he have his arm around Negasonic Teenage Warhead?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Did Sebastian throw up in the water?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
pls add it to the OP captioned KRAKOA IS FOR ALL MUTANTS

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Autism Sneaks posted:

Krakoa is for all mutants.. to get hammered on.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Who is the pipe smoking guy with Magneto? I’m surprised how many I don’t recognize.

Was strangely excited to see Tempo there with her goofy helmet.

EDIT: Hickman retweeted a post from Mondo (the print company) of a picture saying “To me my X-Men” in Krakoan. Might be getting some cool X prints soon.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 19, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Autism Sneaks posted:

I like the Cyclops tiki statue and the carving on the bench saying "Make More Mutants"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'd be near-certain that Anole isn't old enough to drink, let alone tend bar, but then I remember this is Krakoa so legal drinking age is, like, European at the very least. They probably let ten year olds vape.

So at what point does Beast acting like a wild unfettered rear end in a top hat become...a little bit out of character? It feels like that's just all he is nowadays and it's not as if we can blame Percy for following up on precedent, but is there no longer any upper limit on how big an rear end in a top hat Hank McCoy can be before we can be like, "Yikes, that feels less like his characterization and more like a hack job"?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I'd be near-certain that Anole isn't old enough to drink, let alone tend bar, but then I remember this is Krakoa so legal drinking age is, like, European at the very least. They probably let ten year olds vape.

So at what point does Beast acting like a wild unfettered rear end in a top hat become...a little bit out of character? It feels like that's just all he is nowadays and it's not as if we can blame Percy for following up on precedent, but is there no longer any upper limit on how big an rear end in a top hat Hank McCoy can be before we can be like, "Yikes, that feels less like his characterization and more like a hack job"?

He's nowhere near Dark Beast territories so he can go quite a bit farther and still be on the side of the angels.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
S'yms skull behind the bar.
Mercury skinny-dipping.
Daken's version of Russian Roulette.

Edit: Hey, isn't Hollow two pre-teen girls?

Edit 2: One of whom is severely autistic?

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 19, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ow, wow. Lifeguard. I haven't thought of her in an age.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Also Farouk's fez behind the bar.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Open Marriage Night posted:

Who is the pipe smoking guy with Magneto? I’m surprised how many I don’t recognize.

Jack Kirby!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Minister of Sound
Jan 1, 2007

Damn, I wish I was your lett'rer!

Maybe Unus the Untouchable? That looks like his hairline, and he's usually wearing a turtleneck.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Speak posted:

Jack Kirby!

Doesn’t look like him, but that is definitely Stan behind them.

That’s probably not Hollow. They showed that Monet can take on a form that looks like her.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Who's the devil dude hanging out with Sinister, top right?

And who's leaving the party with Christian Frost?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Saoshyant posted:

Who's the devil dude hanging out with Sinister, top right?

And who's leaving the party with Christian Frost?

Possibly an Arrakko creature / person?

Shinobi Shaw looks to be leaving with Christian. Scandalous!

I loved Rogue & Gambit making out like teenagers a bit later. :allears:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://twitter.com/xmenduh/status/1240746810924285954

i didn't! (that looks more like Byrne but whatever)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edit: I'm dumb.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Claremont looks so sad. Why sad Clare?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gologle posted:

He is so far from Storm

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

that's been his characterization for the last decade or so. it's been rear end in a top hat hank mccoy 24/7 ever since x-club.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Gologle posted:

The X-men have reached peak horny. Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I wonder if they tried to offer him a book. Is he all “not my X-Men”, or is editorial just not interested?

Do you guys have some X-Men that you didn’t really care about much, but this new status quo is making you a fan? For me, I’m finding myself a big fan of Betsy and Cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

I wonder if they tried to offer him a book. Is he all “not my X-Men”, or is editorial just not interested?

Word out of C2E2 was that he was openly badmouthing the Krakoa poo poo while signing poo poo. He's still under contract with Marvel, though!