Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/70smonkey/status/1237721054329610240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

ferroque posted:

are people really cancelling their weddings because of this, because i have several wedding gigs lined up in the coming months that i am performing for

I get to go through the exciting process of canceling my late April wedding tomorrow

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

ferroque posted:

making money off of performing is going to be impossible from now on

bars are gonna be hosed

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ferroque posted:

yes.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I get to go through the exciting process of canceling my late April wedding tomorrow

congratulations

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

MoaM posted:

small ceremonies are better anyway.

maybe i can play the really small ceremonies. solo cello. very intimate

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

:sever:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ferroque posted:

are people really cancelling their weddings because of this, because i have several wedding gigs lined up in the coming months that i am performing for

hard to have a wedding when everyone died of the megaflu

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

not mine

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I'm staying on this thread until the electricity eventually shuts off or the government turns off the internet.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

due to the continuing spread of the virus, the government has declared a ban on any meeting of one people or fewer

yes, you read that right. the containment squad will arrive in twenty minutes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
My boss is going to a wedding in LA tomorrow lmao so maybe I'll get lucky and be a true super spreader

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ferroque posted:

this sort of thing is why despite getting through my coursework for my DMA in clarinet I now make bernie buttons for a living because I can't handle the instability of a performing musician's life, not to mention the pain in the rear end constant never ending practice grind combined with begging people I hate for gigs I don't want to play.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
They've tested several people at my hospital for suspected coronavirus

Thankfully they were all negative... So far...

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

is this esports moment?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Yeah, here's hoping that proxy war in Syria doesn't get worse.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

drat I just saw more of that trimp announcement from earlier. he legit sounded sick. our fat president is going to die in a pandemic that he helped spread. lmao lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
there are gonna be so many divorces arising from this poo poo. work from home, school canceled, children screaming, babies crying all over the highway. pandemonium, chaos. amazing.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I watched the movie contagion and feel better now god
bless

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

drat I just saw more of that trimp announcement from earlier. he legit sounded sick. our fat president is going to die in a pandemic that he helped spread. lmao lmao

You know the later seasons of Reality kinda dipped in quality but they had their moments

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

there are gonna be so many divorces arising from this poo poo. work from home, school canceled, children screaming, babies crying all over the highway. pandemonium, chaos. amazing.

many babies too i'd imagine

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Admiral Ray posted:

inshallah

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Spergin Morlock posted:

throwback to season 1841

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

this sort of thing is why despite getting through my coursework for my DMA in clarinet I now make bernie buttons for a living because I can't handle the instability of a performing musician's life, not to mention the pain in the rear end constant never ending practice grind combined with begging people I hate for gigs I don't want to play.

good luck. i'm blessed to have chosen a more mainstream wedding instrument when i was 8.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

there's going to be weird discrimination, somehow, once enough people test positive and recover

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I can't wait to hear after trumop dies of the virus that they contact trace it back to his local mcdonalds

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Der Meister posted:

I watched the movie contagion and feel better now god
bless

You should watch....

THE KNICK.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Gearhead posted:

Singapore and the Germans think it seems to be ten days after you feel human again. But nobody's really one hundred percent sure yet. People sometimes test positive for longer than that, particularly for more severe cases.

*enters new data into projected_bean_requirements.xlsx*

we're hosed

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

rump buttman posted:

is this esports moment?

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1237950460310536195?s=20

going with "no", op

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spergin Morlock posted:

I wasn't sure if it was just my trump derangement syndrome making me think this, I mean, he just sounds sluggish and bored sometimes, doesn't he?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

I can't wait to hear after trumop dies of the virus that they contact trace it back to his local mcdonalds

trump is going to die a way more embarrassing death than literally any of us could ever dream up and it ownnnnnnnns

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
dude probably has several things wrong with his gastro-intestinal, putting aside a potential corona virus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

He died doing what he loved

Gorndar
May 31, 2004
DATA FLOW DIAGRAM!
Have heard through two separate sources that at least two states in Australia are looking at going into lock down. Work from home for everyone, non-essential travel restricted. Coincidentily PM has an announcement at 7pm tonight (a bit over 2 hours from now) although it might just be an update about the recently announced stimulus package.

To be honest its almost comforting that Aus might actually jump ahead of this before it starts spreading crazily assuming rumours are true. It is quite possible that people are jumping ahead of plans for stuff to get announced 'eventually'.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

worst news of the coronavirus so far

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
my wife is a teacher in the county jail and the sheriff's department only first sent information about coronavirus this afternoon and hand sanitizer is a banned substance and they're out of soap right now and only the regular cleaning staff and trustees are allowed to handle cleaning products and interview rooms with lawyers are not cleaned between uses. this is not unusual and there's gonna be some massive outbreaks in jails across the country.

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spergin Morlock posted:

Thank God, I thought I was the only one watching his red face as he tried to suppress multiple coughs

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Coronavirus can't penetrate antimattering shields

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

I wasn't sure if it was just my trump derangement syndrome making me think this, I mean, he just sounds sluggish and bored sometimes, doesn't he?

I mean, he always sounds mentally ill bit he definitely sounded physically ill as well tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Gorndar posted:

Have heard through two separate sources that at least two states in Australia are looking at going into lock down. Work from home for everyone, non-essential travel restricted. Coincidentily PM has an announcement at 7pm tonight (a bit over 2 hours from now) although it might just be an update about the recently announced stimulus package.

To be honest its almost comforting that Aus might actually jump ahead of this before it starts spreading crazily assuming rumours are true. It is quite possible that people are jumping ahead of plans for stuff to get announced 'eventually'.

Australia is thankfully not quite as old (demographics) as some of these other countries hit hard.