Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm taking a bet that someone is gonna write "A More Modest Proposal" which details intentionally giving Covid to pharma execs, republican elite, and ultra-wealthy people in general before all this is done and over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Mr. Nice! posted:

I might have COVID-19. Waiting for the VA to get back with me on whether or not they’ll test me.

I’ve got an extremely contagious mild cold with problems breathing, moderate to severe fatigue, and tightness in the chest if I try to take deep breaths. Woo!!

My girlfriend’s roommate flew to Miami and back two weekends ago and is patient zero for a few of us. She got a cold and then both gf and I came down with it. Great that I’m 1099 and have sick time!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Current event: Jim Cramer, known money loon, having a big boomer energy breakdown on live TV as the markets open and immediately drop 6% in the first 10 seconds

I’d post twitter video but we’re not posting snuff out of consideration for others. Good night sweet number

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
It’s ok, he’s just in his Corona death throws.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Current event: Jim Cramer, known money loon, having a big boomer energy breakdown on live TV as the markets open and immediately drop 6% in the first 10 seconds

I’d post twitter video but we’re not posting snuff out of consideration for others. Good night sweet number

How does somebody who works adjacent to finance lose his mind so hard at a completely normal thing for markets to do

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Ragaman posted:

It’s ok, he’s just in his Corona death throws.

Maybe he'll throw a 1.
And a natural 20 for Mr. Nice.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Fallom posted:

How does somebody who works adjacent to finance lose his mind so hard at a completely normal thing for markets to do

Go watch his melt downs during the 2008 crisis. They’re legendary.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
They paused trading already?

Edit: I'm dumb

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Woofer posted:

Go watch his melt downs during the 2008 crisis. They’re legendary.

Oh man he must really be religious about The Number, then

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

bird cooch posted:

They paused trading already?

I'm dumb

The S&P 500 hit the first breaker in like, 5 minutes after open.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

M_Gargantua posted:

The S&P 500 hit the first breaker in like, 5 minutes after open.

The Dow is down 1700 in less than 15 minutes.

Given how much rich people care about money and how rich people have been propping trump up, will they finally start turning on him?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Got off the phone with a VA doc. They do not have the ability to test me unless I’m hospitalized.

They told me to stay home and drink a lot of fluids. I have an inhaler and other meds in the mail to me. The doc first suggested I go to the pharmacy to pick them up until I pointed out that’s a bad idea.

So I’m stuck waiting to see if I get better over the next few weeks or will get hospitalized if I feel worse.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I hope you get better and it won't take too long.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

Got off the phone with a VA doc. They do not have the ability to test me unless I’m hospitalized.

Oh that's comforting to hear.

I have two clinic appointments this week. Yay. Going to ask if my future MH appts can't be over the phone until this poo poo blows over.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

They told me to stay home and drink a lot of fluids. I have an inhaler and other meds in the mail to me. The doc first suggested I go to the pharmacy to pick them up until I pointed out that’s a bad idea.

So I’m stuck waiting to see if I get better over the next few weeks or will get hospitalized if I feel worse.

RIP in peace dude o7

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I'm cancelling my nero apt on Monday

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Good luck and feel better dude. Just to echo- don’t go to the hospital unless absolutely necessary, I.e. you have a high fever that’s not going away or significant difficulty breathing. I dunno your medical history but if you don’t have any other complicating factors then you’re in all likelihood going to be OK.

Edit: I’m traveling this weekend because it may be the last chance I get to see my 95 year old grandfather, even if I have to stay six feet away from him and not so much as give him a hug. Definitely quite a few open seats on my first flight and traffic through O’Hare definitely seems lower than the last time I came through. I’m well armed with hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes and I’m not touching anything.

Woofer posted:

The girl I share a small office with took three days off last week. She was coughing all week this week and it was getting progressively worse. She asked if she could go home and telework, and was told not without a doctor's note.

She went to the doctor and has a low grade fever and today she feels even worse.

Not saying it's corona, mostly just commenting on how loving how loving dumb letting capitalism run everything is.

Your management is full of loving idiots. My supervisor is normally pretty stingy with WFH but all of our usual restrictions on it are now waived.

pantslesswithwolves fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 12, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The girl I share a small office with took three days off last week. She was coughing all week this week and it was getting progressively worse. She asked if she could go home and telework, and was told not without a doctor's note.

She went to the doctor and has a low grade fever and today she feels even worse.

Not saying it's corona, mostly just commenting on how loving how loving dumb letting capitalism run everything is.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well capitalism is down by -8.50% as of this writing and VIX is at a very nice Nearly record setting 69

Capitalism has proven that letting capitalism run everything is a terrible idea. Not that anything will change.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh that's comforting to hear.

I have two clinic appointments this week. Yay. Going to ask if my future MH appts can't be over the phone until this poo poo blows over.

They have telehealth options here and are directing most patients to those. You can message your provider on myhealthevet and set it up.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My wife’s clinic told her to come back in from quarantine because she was “probably ok” and she refused, now her coworker who did go back in has a fever and trouble breathing. Because her boss told her to come in she will no longer be getting paid.

I have been told by my own, separate chain of command to stay home.

Great response, Air Force.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
On the flip side, I've had a cough for about a week because I caught what I'm pretty sure is just a head cold: Cough and congestion, no fever. The cough is worst in the mornings after I get up but trails off over the course of the day.

I got sent home from work this morning over it because apparently NPS has put out guidance to that effect.

Gonna have to ask what to put into my time sheet for this. Not my fault I didn't work my full day today. There's also rumblings that the park might close and I have no idea what that does to my internship.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Welp here we go. It was just a matter of time before goons started getting hit with corona. Everyone is going to get it. YOLO.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

bird cooch posted:

I'm cancelling my nero apt on Monday

Is a nero appointment where you listen to violins while reading Trump tweets?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don’t know if I have a fever. Don’t have a thermometer. My lungs are absolutely full of poo poo, though.

My sinus drainage has been relatively mild. Today is the first day with a noticeable drip and coughing has increased. The body aches and fatigue are the largest indicators to me. Walking to/from the dumpster with a bag of trash made my arm sore like weightlifting and I was out of breath. Walking up a hill with the dog yesterday made my legs feel almost squat sore and I was out of breath at the top. I can normally run a 7:30 mile.

In a healthy person under 40 or so, you’re going to just get cold symptoms with extra lung fluid. Only ~15% of cases get severe enough to merit hospitalization.

That’s the real danger of this: for a lot of people it’s a mostly average cold.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

McNally posted:

On the flip side, I've had a cough for about a week because I caught what I'm pretty sure is just a head cold: Cough and congestion, no fever. The cough is worst in the mornings after I get up but trails off over the course of the day.

:same:

I've also had a headache the past two nights so bad I couldn't sleep. I just keep waiting for the fever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nephzinho posted:

:same:

I've also had a headache the past two nights so bad I couldn't sleep. I just keep waiting for the fever.

You may not get a fever. A fever is a sign that you’re a more severe case, but isn’t something everyone will get. The two of you are describing things happening to me or people I know that feel the same way, though.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don’t know if I have a fever. Don’t have a thermometer. My lungs are absolutely full of poo poo, though.

My sinus drainage has been relatively mild. Today is the first day with a noticeable drip and coughing has increased. The body aches and fatigue are the largest indicators to me. Walking to/from the dumpster with a bag of trash made my arm sore like weightlifting and I was out of breath. Walking up a hill with the dog yesterday made my legs feel almost squat sore and I was out of breath at the top. I can normally run a 7:30 mile.

In a healthy person under 40 or so, you’re going to just get cold symptoms with extra lung fluid. Only ~15% of cases get severe enough to merit hospitalization.

That’s the real danger of this: for a lot of people it’s a mostly average cold.

Delsym for your coughing, and Mucinex DM for the post nasal drip. Trust me, it works wonders.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Man, allergy season- which is already predicted to be severe on account of the mild winter much of the lower 48 experienced- is going to be all kinds of fun with everyone freaking out over others coughing and sneezing.

May as well just WFH until June at this point.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've basically accepted that I'm gonna get the COVID19 at some point. I'm sure drat near everyone will. Just hope I can hold out until there's some hard treatment or vaccine, but I'm not confident.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Today's my last day of in-person classes and I'm really struggling on whether I should go, with my uninsured fiance working from home.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

They have telehealth options here and are directing most patients to those. You can message your provider on myhealthevet and set it up.

I have a counseling appt today, so I'll ask at the clinic. I'm not particularly a fan of my psychiatrist, so I'd be happy to telehealth that poo poo. I don't have a PCP here because I haven't seen one since like, 2015. Psych doc is ex-SF type and he definitely gives off the ego of one, bit imposing to deal with, so mom's going in with me to rattle off the problems that I clamp shut on around him.

Need to pester whoever there can tell me about appeals and individual unemployability today so I don't have to spend a week on hold on the phone.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Today's my last day of in-person classes and I'm really struggling on whether I should go, with my uninsured fiance working from home.

I'd say don't do it. The university my husband teaches at is starting online classes next week and until the end of the semester. Last night he asked me if he should have class tomorrow and I told him "no, just put it online starting immediately". There hasn't been a case where the school is but no reason to commute for a probably almost empty classroom

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Is a nero appointment where you listen to violins while reading Trump tweets?

On second thought I obviously need it

I'm flying out of Tampa tomorrow, I'm gonna try and hold my breath.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 12, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

"we are cancelling this, effective later" seems like a real dumb way to handle cancelling things. do they have the coronavirus's schedule? is it taking today off?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Mr. Nice! posted:

You may not get a fever. A fever is a sign that you’re a more severe case, but isn’t something everyone will get. The two of you are describing things happening to me or people I know that feel the same way, though.

Fever has been described as belonging to the "mild" category.

Anything that doesn't require hospitalization has been placed into the "mild" category.

There's a lot of competing information out there, but that's what's been released by WHO, re:

quote:

As the World Health Organization adviser Bruce Aylward clarified last week, a “mild” case of COVID-19 is not equivalent to a mild cold. Expect it to be much worse: fever and coughing, sometimes pneumonia—anything short of requiring oxygen. “Severe” cases require supplemental oxygen, sometimes via a breathing tube and a ventilator. “Critical” cases involve “respiratory failure or multi-organ failure.”

It also apparently rises and falls in waves. You could just be dealing with a cough/joint pain now, then spike a fever later and be laid out for a while. Then have it rebound and spike again.

As people have been saying, though, keep in contact with your doctors. Let them know where you're at, what your symptom load is. They'll be able to tell you one way or another if they need to escalate care.

EDIT: This wasn't a post made in an effort to freak anyone out-- mostly it's to just put into perspective that a fever is not necessarily in the 'severe' category, and that the disease seems to go through distinct phases.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 12, 2020

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Feel better Mr Nice.

I woke up with a terrible headache today. Congested too but likely allergies.

If not well I will shitpost with you all from the other side.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bored As gently caress posted:

Delsym for your coughing, and Mucinex DM for the post nasal drip. Trust me, it works wonders.

They specifically told me to not take cough medicine unless my cough is keeping me from sleeping. I have guaifenesin and albuterol en route. The priority is to clean the poo poo out of my lungs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Pretty sure it’s psychosomatic but I have a headache now too