Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They're not barren when I take them and I live in the mid of Stockholm as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Zzulu posted:

They're not barren when I take them and I live in the mid of Stockholm as well

Emptier than it was normally, I take SJ, not T-Bana

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Katt posted:

So it's airborne now? You're telling me all men started washing their hands for nothing?

... ... ...They fly now. :suicide:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

THE BAR posted:

... ... ...They fly now. :suicide:

They did some testing and apparently it lingers in the air pretty good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

teen witch posted:

Emptier than it was normally, I take SJ, not T-Bana

It did actually seem emptier this morning as well

We're holding a corona meeting at work today as well, so i hope im gonna get the greenlight to work from home for the foreseeable future :unsmith:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Government: "We're locking everything down. All public servants are sent home for two weeks. All schools are closed. Keep your distance and avoid public transit during rush hour. Do not gather in large numbers. Do not hoard, there is ample supply."

Danes: "LET'S SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE WE CAN PACK INTO THIS GROCERY STORE AS WE CLEAN OUT THE AISLES AND QUEUE REALLY CLOSE TOGETHER WOOOO"

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Gedt posted:

Yes hello, roomie here. I will?
Hello roomie, glad youre on board.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

So one of the things the Danish government wants to push through today, is to let the police break into people's homes without a warrant. Is it to take back some of the yeast people have been hoarding, or is it just another excuse to harass the poor?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

THE BAR posted:

So one of the things the Danish government wants to push through today, is to let the police break into people's homes without a warrant. Is it to take back some of the yeast people have been hoarding, or is it just another excuse to harass the poor?
Wait, what?! Source?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

D. Ebdrup posted:

Wait, what?! Source?

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2020-03-12-her-er-lovene-regeringen-vil-have-hastet-igennem-vil-kunne-tvinge-folk-i

Thursday, my bad.

quote:

Indtrængen uden retskendelse

For at sikre, at de bestemmelser, regeringen vedtager, overholdes, vil politiet få mulighed for at trænge ind på lokaliteter uden retskendelse.

Det gælder også, hvis der er mistanke om coronasmitte.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's time-limited for a year before it comes up for revision, so that's something - but I understand the worry, and it's worth remembering to pay attention to it in a year.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

teen witch posted:

I’m WFH’ing out of I’m having the worst goddamn period on earth (hooray IUDs), I’m allowed 1-2 days a month. It’s great but I’m also slightly worried that I may be doing this way, way more.

Is it worth stocking up on goods? Roomie doesn’t think so but seeing family and friends in the US doing so is giving me pause.

Alternatively, if anyone want to create a goon quarantine in Eskilstuna, I’m your witch. Cat friendly.
E: four joycons but one has the drift and NO ONE CAN HAVE THE PRO CONTROLLER, BUT ME.

My brother who works as nurse had a meeting, where the general conclusion was that things would be fine, but you know, discretely stock up in case people goes nuts.

Edit: And thanks to everyone spending the winter vacation out of the country, Norway is now 3rd when it comes to number of infected compared to population size, after South Korea and Italy.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 12, 2020

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
And now all kindergarten and schools being closed.

https://www.nrk.no/norge/alle-landets-skoler-og-barnehager-stenges-1.14940262

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Office closed :toot:.

I really don't like Daniel Ek shaming everyone into following suit tbh. I think it is creating panic, it took my executive team 2 hours to follow suit and shut down our office. That's Stockholm tech though.

On the flip side I saw Ulfe yesterday while I was walking my dog and he was going to some meeting about sjukpengar. Can anyone explain whatever neoliberal agreement came out of that?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I am surrounded by a thousand MacBooks to prep for what is likely a WFH situation.

My welder boyfriend does not find my complaints about this amusing

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

All high schools in Viken have now been closed and we're going to be moving to exclusively digital education starting Monday and going on until Easter at least.

Will be interesting to see how that is done, as nothing like it has ever really been attempted over such a long period of time and on such a scale.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm honestly a little excited, it feels like government is back and we're *doing* things again rather than just pushing paper around and arguing the third decimal

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm honestly a little excited, it feels like government is back and we're *doing* things again rather than just pushing paper around and arguing the third decimal

Yeah, it's a pretty unprecedented probable overreach of the authority in Smittevernloven, but notice nobody is complaining too loud about that... yet. It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out over the next month or so.

Frosta kommune is quarantining the entire loving municipality. :stare:

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

Office closed :toot:.

I really don't like Daniel Ek shaming everyone into following suit tbh. I think it is creating panic, it took my executive team 2 hours to follow suit and shut down our office. That's Stockholm tech though.

On the flip side I saw Ulfe yesterday while I was walking my dog and he was going to some meeting about sjukpengar. Can anyone explain whatever neoliberal agreement came out of that?

Karensdag is now temporarily abolished, you are now not financially punished for staying home as soon as you feel ill.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

Honestly so am I.

Also in an educational sense, there's been a lot of talk over the years about alternative and "reverse education" which is more student-driven and less focused on the classroom, especially so as digital platforms are becoming ever more suited to this, but there's been little actual opportunity and drive to try it out in practice except in isolated cases.

This is almost like a massive forced experiment which could lead to some different practices and views when it comes to how we teach and work at schools.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Nice piece of fish posted:

Yeah, it's a pretty unprecedented probable overreach of the authority in Smittevernloven, but notice nobody is complaining too loud about that... yet. It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out over the next month or so.

Frosta kommune is quarantining the entire loving municipality. :stare:

it feels to me as though any real discussions of overreach re: smittevernloven is only going to highlight the government's failure to put measures in place, and they're going to want to avoid talking too much about this. we'll see if it has fallout afterwards

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Zzulu posted:

I bought all the blood puddings in the store

How would you say blood pudding gains compares to salami gains?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Feeling phlegm in my throat. Time to some angy staring out the window.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

norway getting shut down

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
I knew I should have put in a bidet when I renovated my bathroom.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Autistic Speculum posted:

I knew I should have put in a bidet when I renovated my bathroom.

Granris my friend, its everywhere and its free

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I bought 2 kg of Falukorv, that should help through the weekend :v:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Retarded Goatee posted:

How would you say blood pudding gains compares to salami gains?

Blood is good

More blood, is better

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Blodpudding is great, I love it, but my Croatian girlfriend can't stand it.

She's all about that Ärtsoppa tho.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

norway getting shut down

And I'm included in that shutdown.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Alhazred posted:

And I'm included in that shutdown.

Stay safe, buddy. Don't eat yellow snow and all that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Stay safe, buddy. Don't eat yellow snow and all that.
Dødsårsak for Alhazred: Unge hostet han i fjeset mens han puttet på plaster på skrubbsår.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

There’s opposition to closing schools here in Sweden due to the fact that many workers within the healthcare systems would have to stay home and care for their children instead of work.

Has this been discussed in Norway and Denmark?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

There’s opposition to closing schools here in Sweden due to the fact that many workers within the healthcare systems would have to stay home and care for their children instead of work.

I thought that sounded very reasonable, especially with the bulk of the health workers being women which are the parent most likely to stay home with kids too.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Yeah I’m no expert but I’m fine with it. Apparently health officials specifically asked them not to close the schools just yet so I’d listen to that.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Denmark har at least talked about special child care for children of essential personnel. I don't know if it's implemented though, since I'm on the least essential part of government and also sick.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zudgemud posted:

I thought that sounded very reasonable, especially with the bulk of the health workers being women which are the parent most likely to stay home with kids too.

Except of course that health care workers quite literally can be ordered to work.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Yeah, people who work within the healthcare systems will be provided for.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, people who work within the healthcare systems will be provided for.

Sounds good. I'm glad it's not just a spur of the moment decision that seems reasonable (protect the kids!) but in reality causes more problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Medical personnel having to stay home is a linear increase in the reduction of treatment capacity. Schools increase the exponential growth in the need for treatment capacity. I have a really hard time believing that schools won't be closed anyway when the need for personnel reaches its peak.

Also has Stockholm actually given up on testing people who aren't high-risk? Isn't that combined with no school closings basically a complete surrender to the fact that 50% of us is going to get the virus?