Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ScorpioSky/status/1237863809865281538?s=20
https://twitter.com/c2e2/status/1237848386662879238?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
SCU

will get SC2

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This is amazing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jordynne Grace deserves so much better than Impact

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jordynne Grace deserves so much better than Impact

So does Jonathan Gresham

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL posted:

So does Jonathan Gresham

Isn't he the Cthulhu Man now?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems like women get treated better at impact maybe? i don't watch it but they certainly seem to all bond together and make decisions which would indicate something like that. those things happen more easily through a good shared experience. Could be wrong. sometimes i think of being wrong like future lying. My future self might know it and went back in time and told a lie.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Isn't he the Cthulhu Man now?

He's in ROH, which I'm not sure counts as "better than impact"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH still has executives that think wrestlers should get on their knees and plead for paychecks. But marty's booking so the place should be a lot less terrible to work at now.

TNA is maybe paying people?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TNA has got that ???????????? money now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, the door deserves better than TERF prints

https://twitter.com/emilyreadeve/status/1238122770199912450?s=21

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It always surprises me how people on the far left in the UK are still full of TERF bullshit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really want to extend the benefit of the doubt to Emily but holy cow.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It always surprises me how people on the far left in the UK are still full of TERF bullshit.

It's really REALLY weird. There's this particular form of transphobic horseshit that has hit the UK really badly in a way that's different to other countries. I'm constantly surprised by how mainstream it is.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
UK politics are just an absolute wasteland of bad takes and lunacy from all sides

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

UK politics are just an absolute wasteland of bad takes and lunacy from all sides

It's sometimes really hard to find someone with a decent take on all or most issues. You'll see someone who is trans inclusive, supports worker's rights, anti racism campaigner, then - oops, surprise antisemite. Or someone with a nuanced take on workplace democracy, strong supporter of women's rights, anti-austerity to the core - oops, constantly retweets Graham Linehan.

Every British person sucks, basically. Apart from ZSJ.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Lamuella posted:

Every British person sucks, basically. Apart from ZSJ.

As a British person, I can vouch for this.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Not that my opinion matters, but I've seen the full conversation between Emily and her accuser, and it really does paint a different picture. At worst, Emily is guilty of being clumsy in her language, and the LGBTQ+ community has lost a vocal activist in the wrestling business (by that I mean she's no longer in the business, not that she won't continue to be an activist). It's not my place to release the transcripts, but I wish someone would because this has become something that it never should have, just another Twitter pile-on by people who don't know the situation or any of the people involved, yet feel it's fair game. Eve have not always been perfect in their actions but their heart has always been in the right place, and without them the women's scene in the UK will go back to being the token second match on a PROGRESS show.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

superLINUS posted:

Not that my opinion matters, but I've seen the full conversation between Emily and her accuser, and it really does paint a different picture. At worst, Emily is guilty of being clumsy in her language, and the LGBTQ+ community has lost a vocal activist in the wrestling business (by that I mean she's no longer in the business, not that she won't continue to be an activist). It's not my place to release the transcripts, but I wish someone would because this has become something that it never should have, just another Twitter pile-on by people who don't know the situation or any of the people involved, yet feel it's fair game. Eve have not always been perfect in their actions but their heart has always been in the right place, and without them the women's scene in the UK will go back to being the token second match on a PROGRESS show.

Even still the idea that someone fucks up and they must he banished is archaic, puritan nonsense. Allowing no path to redemption is just being cop like and regressive.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Even still the idea that someone fucks up and they must he banished is archaic, puritan nonsense. Allowing no path to redemption is just being cop like and regressive.

Pretty much no one is doing this, FYI. The vast majority of the time these people show zero interest toward changing or redeeming themselves, hence why they get "banished."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

superLINUS posted:

I do, somewhat, feel bad for Emily. Somewhat. I hope whoever takes her place as company spox learns from this.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

Pretty much no one is doing this, FYI. The vast majority of the time these people show zero interest toward changing or redeeming themselves, hence why they get "banished."

You are right but those that want to change should be allowed a chance, and often they are not.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

You are right but those that want to change should be allowed a chance, and often they are not.

Again I really don't agree. It's exceptionally rare for anyone to express a good faith desire to change themselves.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just going to say that being an entertainer is a career built entirely around "give me money because you want to watch me". Bring cancelled, at least in terms of entertainers, is just people telling you that they don't want to see whatever your trick is anymore and they're done giving you money.

Also lots of entertainers apologize and rebuild their reputation or they don't and find a new audience who likes the poo poo that they got rejected for in the first place.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

are we seriously lamenting Louis CK's masturbation antics?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

People who genuinely realise they've made mistakes and show a willingness to learn and change will generally be given the space to do so. People who use "I've made mistakes" as a smokescreen to vanish into the background for a few weeks/months and return having changed absolutely nothing and hoping people have forgotten generally get to headline comedy festivals sponsored by massive media companies with routines about how the POLITICALLY CORRECT LIBERAL MEDIA doesn't want them to succeed. Or they write long columns for major news outlets about how they're being silenced.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I feel like if your job is being a public facing representative for an organization and you do something that gets that organization a lot of heat you should probably at the least take a step back from being in a public facing role because you have accomplished the opposite of your job.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

rare appearance of this guy itt:

https://twitter.com/JonMoxley/status/1238152786174291968

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kimber_lee90/status/1233390930419425280?s=21

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kimber, I love you, but you can't pivot COVID-19 to veganism.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Kimber, I love you, but you can't pivot COVID-19 to veganism.

I can.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1238093152667361282

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Riot Cabaret in London just became the first wrestling federation to have union approved terms for its workers from the moment of inception. That's really positive. https://twitter.com/RiotCabaret/status/1238171479201779713?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Riot Cabaret in London just became the first wrestling federation to have union approved terms for its workers from the moment of inception. That's really positive. https://twitter.com/RiotCabaret/status/1238171479201779713?s=19

hell yeah this rules

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its still not enough to really shape wrestling but then again Starr hasn't brought that union stuff stateside where its really needed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

its still not enough to really shape wrestling but then again Starr hasn't brought that union stuff stateside where its really needed.

He'd probably get blacklisted if he tried. If this saves one life, he's achieved something good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He'd probably get blacklisted if he tried. If this saves one life, he's achieved something good.

It really comes down to the benefits for all involved parties. There are multiple promoters that are also touring wrestlers(Terra Callaway and Matt Tremont come to immediate mind) so they may be the "in"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

superLINUS posted:

It's hard to give her much benefit of the doubt when the apology was pretty poo poo, going with the whole "sorry to those who were hurt by my wording" rather than going "my wording was poo poo and this is why and I understand this". It legitimately comes off to someone who hasn't seen the full conversation like she doesn't want to back down from banning trans women from the event and is choosing to walk instead.

Either you think trans women are women (and thus welcome at a women/NB*-only event) or you don't. There is absolutely no reason for there to have been a conversation about this other than "hi are trans women allowed" "yes of course you're welcome!" unless you're engaging in transphobia.

(* also let's all take the progressive event stop lumping NBs on the end of women-only events challenge 2020. As a masc-presenting NB I know there's always a huge missing "femme/androgynous-presenting" in front of it)

E: holy gently caress and in a bit more context it turns out it's more about that thing I'm mentioning at the end, great, that doesn't make it loving okay

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eat My Fuc posted:

I mean... who? Who has screwed up, "got cancelled", shown some remorse and change, and been denied a path to redemption or a continued career? We've seen a ton of people who didn't show change and are still doing fine. On the other hand look at a guy like Scorpio Sky. He gave a really good apology and people forgave him. But like the Briscoes haven't and they're doing just fine. Jericho's spreading bullshit every other week and he's having a career peak. Randy Orton says the n word, never says a thing, and has a high profile WM program. Even people who suffer consequences like Austin Aries and Jim Cornette keep plugging along fine.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1238204006691942402