Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

facialimpediment posted:

The feds did $1.5T of action and it didn't stop the market from lighting 10% of market valuation funny money on fire.

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1238193356284493824?s=19

From what I'm reading, it looks like the fed's action is mainly to ensure that companies are able to secure short-term loans for things like suppliers and payroll and such as credit becomes much harder to come by. It'll help to make sure that the entire economy doesn't explode, but it's also a clear sign that things are going to be very hairy, very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Casimir Radon posted:

I already despised Evangelicals. The past 4 years has pushed me into something beyond that.

Yup. It's basically a social club for people too cowardly to rock a krummkreuz at this point

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Posting on behalf of Cole, who got probated for calling a mod an rear end in a top hat when he asked in so many words "DO YOU REALISE I'M A MOD OF THIS SUBFORUM?", also downplaying coronavirus
God bless you Cole, doing His work

Oh what he wanted posted was "I work at the department of health and the rumbling here is that the government is going to institute a telework policy for all non-essential people starting Monday."

Sounds about right. Got a DoD email earlier today saying to bring your laptop home with you everyday and check your email before leaving for work in the morning.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

This has Miller's loving stink all over

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Wasn't there some post recently about an interview with a very high level CBP/ICE official who stated that they honestly believed they were above the law, and a super special army who could do what they wanted to whomever they wanted?

I mean, they're right

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1237902120478748673?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sports crosspost.

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/status/1238197460620763136?s=19

The plus side is that there's finally movement in the general population about this poo poo. Not for the fox newsers HEY WAIT

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1238190934594027520?s=19

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm just gonna stay inside forever.

The NEETs shall inherit the Earth.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I hope their protective details all turn on them at once.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Correct. The only reason there aren't more cases listed is we're literally not testing people. I can get prescriptions overnighted to me but they won't test me until they think i'm bad enough to hospitalize.

The tested R for the flu, and she was negative. She's not having as much breathing problems as me, but has had more 'cold' symptoms including slight fever. They said she would only get tested if she needed to go the ER, and they told her not to unless she got worse.

If the trio of us are sick and getting progressively worse, it has spread every loving where.

e: note I have kept myself home from work/school since tuesday.

Hey man I hope you guys be well and get through it quick. Chances are good it'll just be a lovely week of symptoms and then ease up.

Trying to get my brothers in law to get out of Brooklyn and come hang with my wife and I in the middle of the woods in RI. House is stocked up and we're just chilling and waiting to see what goes down.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I remember reading an article about that and some of them almost got it. "What is stopping my armed employees from just killing me and taking over?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-6u_y4dTpg

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Weld the doors shut and clog their air intake

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My Brazilian Jujitsu Gym decided to cancel all classes until the 26th.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Imagining the sort of individual who'd turn to this line of work, I think that's unlikely. But we can hope

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

100% same. Or that personal doctor poisons them all.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://mobile.twitter.com/brooksbarnesnyt/status/1238199000651591680

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

SimonCat posted:

I remember reading an article about that and some of them almost got it. "What is stopping my armed employees from just killing me and taking over?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-6u_y4dTpg

https://onezero.medium.com/survival-of-the-richest-9ef6cddd0cc1

This one?

That Article posted:

Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Inslee to order all private, public K-12 schools in King, Pierce, Snohomish counties to close through April 24 due to coronavirus concerns

quote:

Gov. Jay Inslee is planning to announce the closure of all K-12 schools, public and private, in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties for more than a month, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Under the executive order, schools can hold classes until Monday, March 16. They must close by March 17 and remain closed until April 24.

The directive came just one day after Inslee put all school districts in Washington state on notice to create contingency plans in case they are ordered to close. He said he was planning to meet with superintendents in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties.

Across the three counties, nearly 563,600 attend public or charter schools. Roughly 216,700 of them qualify for subsidized meals, leaving many of the 43 school districts there scrambling to plan for feeding children during an extended closure.

Students with disabilities and children experiencing homelessness also are likely to bear the brunt of long periods without schools open. For many students who don’t have stable housing arrangements, school can be the one constant in their lives.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
USA is going to be the only country where COVID-19 kills children because we have homeless children dependent on school lunches to survive.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

USA is going to be the only country where COVID-19 kills children because we have homeless children dependent on school lunches to survive.

Hope you all get better soon.

On another note, Maryland just called up the Guard and closed schools for two weeks. Lunches will still be provided.

It's nice to live in a somewhat competent state.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Weld the doors shut and clog their air intake

Turn New Zealand into Skyrim, but instead of draugur in dungeons it’s tech bro’s in bunkers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

holy poo poo. That's gotta be historic right

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/Fujyno/status/1238155063283142656

March 2020 Current Events Thread: X-Com: Apocalypse

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Yeah, that's the one.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

holy poo poo. That's gotta be historic right

DeWine just ordered all of Ohio's closed for three weeks staring monday.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Richard Bong posted:

Turn New Zealand into Skyrim, but instead of draugur in dungeons it’s tech bro’s in bunkers.

I'm just gonna walk past as many bunkers as I can find

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
poo poo in their air vents.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hope you all get better soon.

On another note, Maryland just called up the Guard and closed schools for two weeks. Lunches will still be provided.

It's nice to live in a somewhat competent state.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/03/coronavirus-update-alexandria-records-1st-first-case-loudoun-co-schools-closed-for-more-than-a-week/

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Yeah I’m in King County and coworkers with kids are scrambling, and we have decent leave policies. Tons of parents who work hourly are gonna be in trouble, what are they supposed to do all day?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Chelsea Manning being released after a suicide attempt.

https://twitter.com/theappeal/status/1238211307389751296?s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stiffness in the neck at the base of the skull but no fever. I might have just slept on it funny but I doubt it. That usually feels a little different.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What’s the point of a bunker when a piece of wood jammed into the door and a pile of dirt over an air vent will turn it into a tomb?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Fallom posted:

What’s the point of a bunker when a piece of wood jammed into the door and a pile of dirt over an air vent will turn it into a tomb?

now you're gettin it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fallom posted:

air vents are the new shitters

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

Usually not being able to be found, but when you buy a bunker on what used to be a military installation and when the bunker used to be a munitions magazine that looks like all the other former munitions magazines....

If someone needs a dump truck driver and provides the truck/fuel/fill material, I'll gladly join the entombing of the American wealthy. Just pick me up from Colorado on the way to the Kansas and Nebraskan sites.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

SimonCat posted:

Chelsea Manning being released after a suicide attempt.

https://twitter.com/theappeal/status/1238211307389751296?s=19

Honestly forget she got herself put back in jail because she refused to testify against wikileaks

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Silver lining: more people are figuring out how exponents work.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

Honestly forget she got herself put back in jail because she refused to testify against wikileaks

What a stupid move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

According to that she's also still liable for $256,000.