Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Spawn figure from Amazon got moved to a ship date of next Tuesday, gently caress yeah. The thing looks stellar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Woah it’s already sold out? And it’s going for 70 on amazon? Dang

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So Google was no help on this and I figured I'd try you guys. I saw someone (I can't remember who) do a head swap putting Black Series Wedge's head on Solo movie Han's body. I think this looks cool and wanted tondonkt myself. However, it appears the heads might not both use the standard ball joint, but I don't want to potentially ruin them trying to find out. Anyone here with any experience removing either of those two figure's heads have any insight?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Are you sure it wasn’t Cassian’s body? I’ve seen pics floating around of that swap.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Are you sure it wasn’t Cassian’s body? I’ve seen pics floating around of that swap.

It looked like Solo Han's body. Brown jacket and blue pants. I'll have to dig out my Cassian and check it out. I've always liked Wedge's character, but to me the flight suit is too situational of an outfit and I'd love to have him in casual clothes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That sounds like the young Han figure. I think they only did one cassian figure and he's wearing a blue coat.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Kingtheninja posted:

That sounds like the young Han figure. I think they only did one cassian figure and he's wearing a blue coat.

The Cassian I have is from the three pack with Jyn and the Death trooper.

I did figure it out. While they both are indeed ball joint connectors in the head portion, Han's connector is also a ball joint inside the neck whereas Wedge is the old back/forth rocker joint.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Yeah, Wedge re-uses the old Luke Pilot body. His only new parts are the head and helmet. It’s honestly kinda disappointing because his Snowspeeder Pilot look is way better and that old flightsuit sculpt could have been improved. I guess it’s not a huge deal though since we’re getting Snowspeeder Luke to go along with Dak and the 6” scale speeder.

I kinda hope they don’t re-use either sculpt for future pilots since Mark Hamill and Denis Lawson are both shorter than the other OT pilots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, this is everything I would want in a Superman statue but I can't convince myself the price tag is worth it as I know nothing about XM Studios or the quality of their products.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87947

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

XM is very good but they don't have NA distribution licenses on a lot of their stuff. This means if you have any issues, you're out of luck for returns or replacements probably.

I think they might on DC though?

Edit: lol didn't notice the BBTS link.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Man, this is everything I would want in a Superman statue but I can't convince myself the price tag is worth it as I know nothing about XM Studios or the quality of their products.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/87947

No trunks, no sale :colbert:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have the XM She-Hulk statue and she’s pretty great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

No trunks, no sale :colbert:

That's the reason I want it. I have tons of classic stuff and only luke two pieces with the Rebirth suit. I live that update and wish it had lasted much longer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy heck, this is so terrible it loops around to being awesome

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/121399

I'm gonna hold off on the XM statue for a bit, no idea what the Covid crisis is going to mean for work.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Holy heck, this is so terrible it loops around to being awesome

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/121399

I'm gonna hold off on the XM statue for a bit, no idea what the Covid crisis is going to mean for work.

Superman would never have his laces undone. :colbert:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I got a bit of an odd question, but this seems like the best place to ask. A while ago I got this golden Yu Gi Oh box of cards for Nostalgia's sake. Basically it has the decks/cards Yugi used in the show. As a part of this set you get all 5 pieces of Exodia, which was a HUGE deal to me when I was kid. So I kinda want to display them somehow. Any ideas?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I got a bit of an odd question, but this seems like the best place to ask. A while ago I got this golden Yu Gi Oh box of cards for Nostalgia's sake. Basically it has the decks/cards Yugi used in the show. As a part of this set you get all 5 pieces of Exodia, which was a HUGE deal to me when I was kid. So I kinda want to display them somehow. Any ideas?

Buy one of those stupid duel disks you children wear on your arm and place all five cards on it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A frame shop should be able to cut a custom mat for you to display them arranged appropriately in a frame

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

shadow box?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They make some really nice frames for baseball cards.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Thinking I might need to start wearing my Bane mask when I leave the house.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

Thinking I might need to start wearing my Bane mask when I leave the house.

Like I said before, merge it with the batsuit.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Why wear darth vader's jockstrap when there's already a suicide squad batman with the little rebreather? Keep that poo poo screen accurate.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is a great opportunity to finally pull the trigger on that screen-accurate Batman the Animated Series Mr. Freeze costume you've been eyeing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Ugh, I might be getting my first Hot Toys...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new Snake Eys is shipping out tomorrow. I decided to cancel my order, I don't really have the energy for another line of figures.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice

Nanigans posted:

Ugh, I might be getting my first Hot Toys...
gently caress. The last thing I needed to do was spend another $300 on a figure, but Baby Yoda... Aww.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

RusteJuxx posted:

gently caress. The last thing I needed to do was spend another $300 on a figure, but Baby Yoda... Aww.

Save yourself some money and just get the Baby Yoda separately on eBay for $200.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have so many HT on preorder it scares me

AND life size baby yoda

I’m poor what am I doing

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The new Snake Eys is shipping out tomorrow. I decided to cancel my order, I don't really have the energy for another line of figures.

I usually have packages shipped to work, but we're going remote starting Friday, and I just happened to remember to contact HasbroPulse and have them change my shipping address from work to home. Then today, we get the Snake Eyes shipping notice, so my timing was impeccable.

I want to love that Snake Eyes. I've only wanted high-quality, 6" G.I. Joes with modern updates and tons of articulation, weapons, and accessories for 20 years. And it's so close to perfect, but I hate the gray pants. I wish the pants were black to match the rest of him, and only the straps, pouches, holsters, and other details were gray. I also didn't want to pay $40 for it, because I don't care about the ninja weapons or their display rack.

But I figure I can always resell or trade it later if we get an all-black Snake Eyes in the regular $20 line. My G.I. Joe nostalgia has grown A LOT over the last two years, and I'm so psyched for this line continuing (even though I don't want the Duke, Roadblock, or Scarlett we've seen). Most of my favorites Joes and Cobras are deeper cuts, but I can still hope.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Monsterarts Nargacuga

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ooooh yes, that's the good stuff

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what that is, but it's awesome and if it was real it'd explain batman's "Criminals are superstitious and cowardly" a lot more, cause gently caress running into that thing in a bright open field, much less a dark alley.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

2020 loving sucks so far

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Corona Virus Funko Pop when?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fish Of Doom posted:

Corona Virus Funko Pop when?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

I have so many HT on preorder it scares me

AND life size baby yoda

I’m poor what am I doing
The world is going to end and stock market is crashing so when the Real Bad Times come, you'll at least have someone of aesthetic value to trade for rat stew or bandages.

Louisgod posted:

2020 loving sucks so far
God is smiting us due to Funko Pops. I don't know which is more virulent though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I will never trade my baby yoda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Went to Walmart for supplies (Splenda 😬) and found they’d released Dumbass and Best Boy (L and R, respectively).

I didn’t get either. Kirishima is OK, but I feel like the face would make a really good base for Fire Force’s Shinra.