Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I got it just fine 5 levels ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Patching is apparently done, according to their twitter.

Edit: And it is working. Lots of new icons and stuff. Grenade case requires some new things.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 12, 2020

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Patching is apparently done, according to their twitter.

Edit: And it is working. Lots of new icons and stuff. Grenade case requires some new things.

Yeah there are new barter items and recepies with them right?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
price of water filters jumped up to about 140k and air filters are like 500k poo poo is crazy.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

price of water filters jumped up to about 140k and air filters are like 500k poo poo is crazy.

Heck yea! Been sitting on tons of these.

Kikas posted:

Yeah there are new barter items and recepies with them right?

Haven't seen many new recipes, but the big new item to barter for seemed to be the grenade box. I know I want one eventually. Can't remember what it took because servers already went down again for backend issues.

Edit: Also forgot about the new backpack, which takes fleece and alpaca and poo poo, plus a paracord. Its a no reduced movement 35 slot that looks like a medic pack. It's great but it's only gonna get used by super try hards. It was already on the flea for 1mil+

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 12, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'd really dig a deathmatch mode. I can't seem to shake my CSGO spray patterns and I don't get enough PVP exposure to drop them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShowTime posted:

Edit: Also forgot about the new backpack, which takes fleece and alpaca and poo poo, plus a paracord. Its a no reduced movement 35 slot that looks like a medic pack. It's great but it's only gonna get used by super try hards. It was already on the flea for 1mil+

You can only put medical items in it, right? It seems pretty useless except as a MedCase replacement.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Famethrowa posted:

I'd really dig a deathmatch mode. I can't seem to shake my CSGO spray patterns and I don't get enough PVP exposure to drop them.

This would actually be p cool. Maybe some kind of team based assault/defend too.

e: Wave mode with increasingly better armed scavs attacking!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
someone asked about the possibility of getting a refund since the game wouldn't run on their system even though they were above the min specs and bsg said "your access to the game has been terminated since you rejected the terms of service" even though the person said nothing about the tos at all.

bsg is so hosed up

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

not the first time it's happened, probably won't be the last

apparently this is SOP for BSG when people request refunds because EULA says no refunds and by requesting a refund you're breaking the EULA, which is pretty not legal in most places (including the EU) but they do it anyway

lmao cool company

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

You can only put medical items in it, right? It seems pretty useless except as a MedCase replacement.

I didn't think that was the case. I just assumed it was the S-Tier bag since it requires a ton of rubles to purchase. It mentions "various specialized tools and medicines". It doesn't seem to have any indication it only holds meds. That would also be incredibly weird, but maybe in the future. When you can heal other people in a squad and someone is the "designated medic" and holds/gathers all the meds. Might be cool to see implemented later on.

Edit: also, yes, it appears servers are back up (for now). I wouldn't recommend really playing though, at least for an hour until things seem to stabilize. Last run I did on a scav before it went down made me lose everything, including a pretty profitable key.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 12, 2020

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShowTime posted:

I didn't think that was the case. I just assumed it was the S-Tier bag since it requires a ton of rubles to purchase. It mentions "various specialized tools and medicines". It doesn't seem to have any indication it only holds meds. That would also be incredibly weird, but maybe in the future. When you can heal other people in a squad and someone is the "designated medic" and holds/gathers all the meds. Might be cool to see implemented later on.

Edit: also, yes, it appears servers are back up (for now). I wouldn't recommend really playing though, at least for an hour until things seem to stabilize. Last run I did on a scav before it went down made me lose everything, including a pretty profitable key.

Nikita said on Twitch it would only hold medical items but maybe they didn't actually set that flag up or something yet?

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

Famethrowa posted:

Do an offline Factory raid, set scavs to the hardest option and turn on tagged and cursed - this is the closest you'll get to a deathmatch! You won't get to fight other players but at least you can practice recoil etc.

On that note, I feel like I remember hearing about a planned squad vs squad arena mode or something?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Nikita said on Twitch it would only hold medical items but maybe they didn't actually set that flag up or something yet?

Weird. They should definitely indicate that specially if so. Right now people are probably wasting their resources on it because that seems like a really dumb option for a bag unless "various specialized tools" encompasses a lot of poo poo.

Also, the changes so far feel weird but I like them. I saw some scavs on Reserves with special red sweaters and hoods. I wonder what they are.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Weird. They should definitely indicate that specially if so. Right now people are probably wasting their resources on it because that seems like a really dumb option for a bag unless "various specialized tools" encompasses a lot of poo poo.

Also, the changes so far feel weird but I like them. I saw some scavs on Reserves with special red sweaters and hoods. I wonder what they are.

Are cultists in :staredog:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Are cultists in :staredog:

Nah cultists are only at night and spawn near marked rooms. These were in the field. I think it's just the new outfit that was added. Maybe Shturman wears it?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ShowTime posted:

Nah cultists are only at night and spawn near marked rooms. These were in the field. I think it's just the new outfit that was added. Maybe Shturman wears it?

Oh maybe. They added that new black/blue biker jacket thing a while back for Scavs without much fanfare.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

So can I still level strength by just taking two big empty jerry cans into a raid? I just want my hideout upgrades :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jarf posted:

So can I still level strength by just taking two big empty jerry cans into a raid? I just want my hideout upgrades :negative:

Yeah but apparently it's gonna loving suck now. You used to just get tired faster, now you're gonna move at a crawl and lose stamina just slow walking.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I'm starting to think the devs are deliberately making the game worse just to drive people away so that they don't have to 'waste' any more money on adding/fixing/whatevering servers. Nikita must be going "Look at all these suckers. They bought our game thinking there was an actual game here and we got their money and they're not playing anymore but we still have the money LOL"

Saw this video a few days ago and it seems to fit them perfectly. Don't know what the source video is from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7swpHaSaaI8

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
There is an actual game it's just not the one you want. It's the game Nikita wants and is designing. It's always been a hyper sim nightmare, it's just as more of it gets implemented less people can deal with it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just lol if you havnt been following the game since the only map was factory and jumped in because of its end goal being a hardcore nightmare

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If you think of Nikita as a halfassed Chris Roberts, most things about Tarkov make a lot of sense. He's not an outright scammer like Roberts, but he's very much like Roberts in that his goal is fundamentally poo poo and he's constantly having new bad ideas that make his deeply flawed game more flawed instead of fixing it. There are a lot of things about Tarkov that anyone interested in critically examining game design can look at and go "well yeah, that's clearly a terrible idea" but that's not relevant to Nikita. The point is not to entertain people, the point is to live out his fantasy of creating the lovely game he dreamed up at age 13 with absolutely zero consideration for or concession to the way the game actually plays. The more time passes and the more money he gets, the more he's going to pursue his lovely idea, rather than actually finishing the game people want, or even the game they think they want (not that Nikita can conceptually understand the difference, because he clearly has spent exactly zero seconds of his life thinking critically about game design).

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

K8.0 posted:

If you think of Nikita as a halfassed Chris Roberts, most things about Tarkov make a lot of sense. He's not an outright scammer like Roberts, but he's very much like Roberts in that his goal is fundamentally poo poo and he's constantly having new bad ideas that make his deeply flawed game more flawed instead of fixing it. There are a lot of things about Tarkov that anyone interested in critically examining game design can look at and go "well yeah, that's clearly a terrible idea" but that's not relevant to Nikita. The point is not to entertain people, the point is to live out his fantasy of creating the lovely game he dreamed up at age 13 with absolutely zero consideration for or concession to the way the game actually plays. The more time passes and the more money he gets, the more he's going to pursue his lovely idea, rather than actually finishing the game people want, or even the game they think they want (not that Nikita can conceptually understand the difference, because he clearly has spent exactly zero seconds of his life thinking critically about game design).

I tend to agree that when you have enough money, you can do what you want rather than what sells but so far, he's done something kind of unique that's working. He just has grand loving ideas that might not play out.

So on Reserves (maybe everywhere?) you now get a pop up saying "scavs have arrived with loot". I don't know if that means the raiders or a brand new type of scav. I think the train maybe arrived after that but I was on the phone and couldn't pay super attention.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

ShowTime posted:

So on Reserves (maybe everywhere?) you now get a pop up saying "scavs have arrived with loot". I don't know if that means the raiders or a brand new type of scav. I think the train maybe arrived after that but I was on the phone and couldn't pay super attention.

That’s your scav box

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

SquirrelGrip posted:

That’s your scav box

Oh...

First time. I just assumed it was something new they added because a patch just happened and I saw a new scav outfit and on Reserves, raiders arrive.

I did get a tank battery which apparently are unlootable now because they weigh 60kg and immediately make you weight too much. I saw a post on Reddit and when someone looted one, it immediately made them walk at a crawl and hobble. Until people level their strength up, you can't really come to a raid stacked in gear and loot a ton of stuff. Good time to think about what loadouts people will be using with lower strength.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

ShowTime posted:

Oh...

First time. I just assumed it was something new they added because a patch just happened and I saw a new scav outfit and on Reserves, raiders arrive.

I did get a tank battery which apparently are unlootable now because they weigh 60kg and immediately make you weight too much. I saw a post on Reddit and when someone looted one, it immediately made them walk at a crawl and hobble. Until people level their strength up, you can't really come to a raid stacked in gear and loot a ton of stuff. Good time to think about what loadouts people will be using with lower strength.

Same loadouts as always, Makarov and gamma

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

concise posted:

Same loadouts as always, Makarov and gamma

With some people running lower tier armor, this is completely viable. I'm gonna run FNs and TTV rigs all night and see what happens. A loaded out FN with silencer is my favorite weapon in the game. That or the Glock Fischer.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Every time patch notes are released it's always "Nikita has gone too far this time!" and every patch the game gets more popular.

He might yet ruin this game. But he hasn't yet. He's actually managed to build something with an interesting gameplay loop that people want to play even if they have to put up with some bullshit mechanics or features that don't make any loving sense.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Oh my god I feel so bad for this player who clearly didn't know about the new weight limits, tried to limp his way out with gear at the 4 minute mark and died to scavs shooting him in the back. He thankfully didn't have insane gear, but it was painful to watch. BIGWIGBO, rest in peace.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

Every time patch notes are released it's always "Nikita has gone too far this time!" and every patch the game gets more popular.

He might yet ruin this game. But he hasn't yet. He's actually managed to build something with an interesting gameplay loop that people want to play even if they have to put up with some bullshit mechanics or features that don't make any loving sense.

I think there are some specific changes in this patch that uniquely screw new players between now and the wipe but I guess after that we're all in the same slow, lurching boat full of tank batteries.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

its a bad patch though

it adds a new mechanic that's all downside - this is somewhat counterbalanced by adding a new dimension by which to evaluate gear

but its badly overtuned, obnoxiously implemented, depends directly on one of the most badly implemented parts of the game (skills and strength/endurance skill in particular) and fucks directly with core gameplay loops by making the "loot" part of being a looter shooter an active detriment in many cases

its something that can eventually be tuned to feel alright/passable, but the current implementation is a trashfire

e: also lol it looks like str and end can be leveled in your hideout so maybe I can just tape down w and run into a wall overnight (e: actually looks like it was just phantom gains)

e: lol adjusting already

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1238240071901421568?s=20

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1238240091438530566?s=20

to be clear these are all good/necessary changes

level 10 flea market is *wayyy* more reasonable for a new player and the weight changes were absolutely mandatory

head bob is always awful, should be removed outright tbh

LGD fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 13, 2020

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I like the head bob a bit, honestly. It added a cool element where you can just sprint everywhere and immediately ADS to loving shoot someone. I get that it can make people sick though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Head bob can't be tied intrinsically to gameplay though, because some people just get violently sick trying to deal with it.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I was really excited to hear they were improving some of the ultra wide resolutions but uh I guess their idea of improvement was to just letter box everything?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Strangest method i've seen of someone leveling strength and endurance so far has been someone running around the tower on Reserves with the machine gun emplacement. They would run laps around the tower (up top) and when their stamina was drained, hop inside to recover. Occasionally they'd fire the machine gun until people figured out what they were up too and popped shots at them. Didn't see the person wielding a gun and I watched for minutes. I was entranced.

People will always find a way.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

ShowTime posted:

Strangest method i've seen of someone leveling strength and endurance so far has been someone running around the tower on Reserves with the machine gun emplacement. They would run laps around the tower (up top) and when their stamina was drained, hop inside to recover. Occasionally they'd fire the machine gun until people figured out what they were up too and popped shots at them. Didn't see the person wielding a gun and I watched for minutes. I was entranced.

People will always find a way.

This is peak gameplay.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

welp that didn't take long, lmao at all you guys who are stuck at level 1 again

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

welp that didn't take long, lmao at all you guys who are stuck at level 1 again

What did you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ShowTime posted:

What did you do?