Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Is that info available anywhere except Joe Rogan? I'd trust it a whole lot more if it were anywhere else.

Don't get your news from shock celebrities, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Did you read the guys credentials? Why does it matter who's interviewing him?

Joe Rogan isn't supplying the info, Michael Osterholm is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Osterholm

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 12, 2020

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Well if Big EarsTM is closing the park for like three weeks then maybe it is kinda serious?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Krakkles posted:

Is that info available anywhere except Joe Rogan? I'd trust it a whole lot more if it were anywhere else.

Don't get your news from shock celebrities, guys.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/

edit: (which is where Michael, the interviewee, is from)

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

That's a great color, would make a nice replacement for the F100

Also, Steve Dulcich is selling RKG’s Ford Muscle Truck, a 68 stepside with a 460/C6 and a recently rebuilt 9” rear end and functioning AC. He wants $9500 for it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

InitialDave posted:

No, I was concerned you were cancelling under the impression you had no choice, and setting yourself up for much greater loss than just $2k if your insurance weren't interested because technically it's still "ok" to travel.

I mean, it was either don't show tomorrow morning at 0700, or cancel. We were on VS158, departing tomorrow. Our Caledonian Sleeper ticket was for Friday night London to Glasgow. No time to do much but cancel.

Virgin turned it into a "non-refundable future travel credit" that has to be used by 30 Sep. Caledonian refunded me in full, no questions asked, and wished me luck and hoped to see me in the future. Avanti West flat out said "No refunds means no refunds, no extenuating circumstances." AirBnB is buried, and I expect to hear from them in the next few days. Hopefully I can convert the VA credit into something that lasts at least until December, which is when the conference is postponed to.

Of course, none of this poo poo matters in the meantime. My mom's been on a chemo-break since October, and had a PET on Monday. The results are back; the tumors in her liver and adrenal gland are growing again, and there's a new tumor in her brain. MRI was supposed to be scheduled for tonight, but she's got a pacemaker and they are delaying. Not sure what this is going to entail, but she's booked with a radiation oncologist tomorrow afternoon. She's a poor surgical candidate, so I imagine it'll be radiation for the brain and the resumption of chemo for the other tumors. Cancer sucks.

Amazingly, she wanted me to come over on Sunday to watch the Australian GP, and I had to break the news about that to her too. gently caress... she had sent in a request for information about the Canadian GP next year, too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

None of you guys are allowed to die, you got that?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Darchangel posted:

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/

edit: (which is where Michael, the interviewee, is from)
Thank you!

cakesmith handyman posted:

None?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Ever?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

But I have a doctor’s note!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cyborg bodies will be handed out when required.

Powershift posted:

Hmm, okay, but not just yet.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

sharkytm posted:

I mean, it was either don't show tomorrow morning at 0700, or cancel. We were on VS158, departing tomorrow. Our Caledonian Sleeper ticket was for Friday night London to Glasgow. No time to do much but cancel.

Virgin turned it into a "non-refundable future travel credit" that has to be used by 30 Sep. Caledonian refunded me in full, no questions asked, and wished me luck and hoped to see me in the future. Avanti West flat out said "No refunds means no refunds, no extenuating circumstances." AirBnB is buried, and I expect to hear from them in the next few days. Hopefully I can convert the VA credit into something that lasts at least until December, which is when the conference is postponed to.
Will they let you book a ticket within the 30th September window, but then move the dates out for an additional fee?

Do we get to choose?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Do we get to choose?

There's a shortage of big tiddie anime catgirl bodies, so no.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I'm on board.

edit:

...oh. Well, now I don't know.
Not for *me*! I'd like to bring my waifu wife along. So, sort of for me, I guess.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 13, 2020

Pman5000
Feb 4, 2003

"You're so fuckin' money and you don't even know it"

Applebees Appetizer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

gently caress he's predicting it's going to last 3 to 6 months

followed up with this today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vukHzn2juxw

This is from 3 years ago. He fuckin called it and nobody has been listening.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

fine.

How often do i have to top off the oil and swap out the powerplant?

Does it come with a liver?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

My Saab got collected today and I now have a nice lump 'o' cash and an empty garage :)

(If only I wasn't self employed and already having a quiet period which is about to get even worse)

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

cursedshitbox posted:

fine.

How often do i have to top off the oil and swap out the powerplant?

Does it come with a liver?

Isn't the liver basically the oil filter? Gimme the cartridge model please.

Also make sure I have the updated model without the supplemental exhaust filtration module appendix, I don't want a repeat of this weekend.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 13, 2020

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Tomarse posted:

My Saab got collected today and I now have a nice lump 'o' cash and an empty garage :)

(If only I wasn't self employed and already having a quiet period which is about to get even worse)

It was through Carvana, right? They might be giving sellers great deals, but they are gouging buyers. $15,000 for a base model xB is borderline criminal, I don't care how many miles it does or doesn't have. That's only $3k less than MSRP for a used, 5 year old economy car that's both ugly as sin and from a dead brand

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Melbourne F1 GP is cancelled.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

The Door Frame posted:

It was through Carvana, right? They might be giving sellers great deals, but they are gouging buyers. $15,000 for a base model xB is borderline criminal, I don't care how many miles it does or doesn't have. That's only $3k less than MSRP for a used, 5 year old economy car that's both ugly as sin and from a dead brand

No, I’m in the U.K. it was someone else who used carvana. I sold mine via a ‘car & classic’ free ad. Would recommend them.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ohio is not loving around and is just spitting truth.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

quote:

Not everyone with the virus has symptoms, and about 80 percent of people with the virus do not end up needing hospitalization, experts say. However, the virus can be deadly especially for older people and those with underlying health conditions.

That's easily the most worrisome thing I have read about this, as it's pretty much implying 20% will need hospitalization.

Yeah, assuming they're is not talking out of her rear end and using hyperbole, that's no seasonal flu. And more than a little worrisome.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

I kinda get the feeling things are the same next door in Indiana as well. They just aren’t testing enough people for us to have a true grasp of how far the disease has spread. Indiana just won’t admit it. My progression of symptoms are a match for the disease and getting 1 out of the 100 tests available for 40,000 people is not going to happen. Probably better reserved for at risk people or healthcare workers anyways. Food for thought, thats not even enough test kits to cover all of the hospital employees.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Very glad we are somehow politicizing this pandemic and deliberately suppressing a Federal effort to, uh, suppress it.

gently caress the government and gently caress the news media, I'm suck of walking in to work every day and hearing about how Inslee's ban on large gatherings, buyup of property, trailers and hotels for homeless to recover from the virus in, and promise of aid to local businesses and employees being affected by Seattle's lockdown are some sort of stupid liberal conspiracy.

P.S. the military is shutting down all travel that isn't mission critical, so I guess all the top brass, and the secretaries appointed by the Trump administration are in on the Liberal Deep State agenda or whatever the gently caress bullshit line we're selling today.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1238174056031162370

:911: might want to watch this

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

A friend who gets most of her political information from her right-leaning husband texted today about "leftist worrying" re: the corona virus. I know Trump was downplaying it at first, but there surely there can't be a whole right wing backlash against protective measures now, after Trump's speech last night? Which I didn't listen to, but apparently he did seem like he was taking it seriously now.

We (the US) for sure didn't test at first because bad number (infections) must stay low so good number (stock market) can stay high, but we'll see if that means anything by the time elections come around.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

god drat. I saw this linked earlier, I'm glad you posted it again so I could watch it. Katie is an American loving hero.

In fact, I think men should be excluded from leadership from this point on. I haven't seen jack poo poo out of anyone except the ladies in Washington lately. And Bernie, but he's getting ratfucked.

So FYI even though there isn't a single case of a student or employee of Denver public schools having the virus, they just announced that spring break starts Monday and lasts 3 weeks. I'm glad Denver has grown more progressive, we're taking cues from infected areas and not loving around.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

That's not a real doctor.

Please be okay, dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Katie Porter is a goddamned legend.

Dad thinks he has it. He's old and has a heart condition. I'm off to panic now

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Today our CEO told everyone in the company who can to WFH starting immediately, until the end of March at least.

Two hours later my idiot gang of work friends who are all not drinking for Lent (despite none of them being catholic, or even religious, or even from goddamn New Orleans) decide that tomorrow will be a cheat day and we should all go to the bar in Hollywood at 5pm?

Good idea guys, get that coronaFOMO going

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I have gone dry for lent many years without an issue.
This year I decided to mix it up and give up foul language.

I am failing miserably.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I have gone dry for lent many years without an issue.
This year I decided to mix it up and give up foul language.

I am failing miserably.

For ten years I've worked in an environment where "gently caress" is equivalent to punctuation. I don't know how I am ever going to be presentable in a "normal" corporate environment without resorting to something like a bark collar.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

That's funny. I was raised in a household that genuinely feared The Lord, and I learned at a young age how to switch back and forth between R and PG language, and still do it fairly deftly, even when drunk, which I'm sure my dad doesn't suspect when I talk to him fully shitfaced.

Or I'm fooling myself and he prays for me nightly.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Katie Porter is a goddamned legend.

Dad thinks he has it. He's old and has a heart condition. I'm off to panic now

As long as it's not his lungs, don't worry too much my dude.

Lots of bad poo poo going around, my GF's parents are recovering from Influenza B, don't lose your poo poo unless it's confirmed.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

There are movies I can only find on Blu-Ray and not DVD, but everything I buy I rip to watch over the network on my TV, not on the computer. I've never bothered to buy a Blu-Ray drive, but am I correct that it shouldn't be TOO hard to get my Linux desktop to start ripping them? It seems that way from my searching, but I know there a lot of you who work as computer touchers in here so I figured someone would know any "gotchas." I'm also assuming a much higher percentage of Linux users in here than most forums.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Elviscat posted:

Very glad we are somehow politicizing this pandemic and deliberately suppressing a Federal effort to, uh, suppress it.

gently caress the government and gently caress the news media, I'm suck of walking in to work every day and hearing about how Inslee's ban on large gatherings, buyup of property, trailers and hotels for homeless to recover from the virus in, and promise of aid to local businesses and employees being affected by Seattle's lockdown are some sort of stupid liberal conspiracy.

P.S. the military is shutting down all travel that isn't mission critical, so I guess all the top brass, and the secretaries appointed by the Trump administration are in on the Liberal Deep State agenda or whatever the gently caress bullshit line we're selling today.

The USA is definitely the country that hides a zombie bite and imperils the entire group in any apocalypse movie.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

kastein posted:

The USA is definitely the country that hides a zombie bite and imperils the entire group in any apocalypse movie.

"What, uh, no, I'm fine?"

*cuts to protagonist having **USA** chained up in basement a la Sean of the Dead*

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Uhhh.... they think 100,000?

So they are seriously saying 2000 people will die at least before April given the death rates? And 20,000 needing hospital? Uhh... how many hospital beds are even in Ohio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Uhhh.... they think 100,000?

So they are seriously saying 2000 people will die at least before April given the death rates? And 20,000 needing hospital? Uhh... how many hospital beds are even in Ohio?

27,159 (https://www.ahd.com/states/hospital_OH.html)
They don't all have mechanical ventalators though.