Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Qurnah posted:

post a pic of your keyboard

no wait please don't

yea it's gross too but nobody uses it (well either of my keyboards) except me. I blow crap out of it sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/tastefullytayy/status/1237096480810233858?s=20

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

emfive posted:

yea it's gross too but nobody uses it (well either of my keyboards) except me. I blow crap out of it sometimes.

corona virus or not please don't go outside and touch stuff

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nandorvila/status/1238210618223497216

tango down

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lmfao remember when notre dame loving burned to the ground Ahahahahaha

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The Vatican has called it. They've shuttered the italian church.

Where's your God now, PONTIFEX MAXIMUS?!?

quote:

The Vatican had spent days resisting having to take the drastic measure of shuttering places of worship in the overwhelmingly Catholic country.

The Vatican also banned mass across the country and called off all weddings and funerals.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

i don't remember that ship

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

The Vatican has called it. They've shuttered the italian church.

Where's your God now, PONTIFEX MAXIMUS?!?

the vatican has opened several emergency pederasty hotels

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hell yeah new generation gonna own

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/helen_manfred/status/1238227273435828225?s=19

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I went to the grocery today and it was not really crowded. I don't have a lot of fear of that, for now at least, so long as I stay away from the toilet paper shelves when the next truck pulls in.

So, people probably were already buying toilet paper such that they'd have a couple weeks of supply, just as an ordinary thing; that's why they offer large multi-packs. Thus it really doesn't make a lot of sense to start hoarding it, because most people probably already have a small hoard.

On the other hand, things like disposable sanitizing wipes are also sold out, which means that ordinarily people don't use that kind of stuff on a regular basis. Thus the amount in stock for typical demand gets wiped out when all of a sudden people decide they really do want to kill germs. Of course spray bottles of the same substances that are soaked into the disposable paper wipes are generally in stock (at least at my store).

Same for hand soap, which is pretty :chloe:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Are we supposed to rate this thread 5 or 0

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound posted:

go hog wild whatever you do

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i will say every time a person within 20 feet of me so much as clears their throat or sniffs i press my nose into my chest like a sleeping bird

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
No march madness, no president bernie, lame rear end coronavirus everywhere, what happened to this timeline

it used to at least be entertaining

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

emfive posted:

kind-of serious question for doctor/health people: the widespread advice to wash hands is often accompanied with examples like "after going to the bathroom". Now, I get that public health people probably spend a lot of time screaming into the void about how people don't wash their hands enough, but if I'm sitting here in my posting cave (which I am) I'm not going to infect myself with a virus to which I've had no exposure. So is it really just a "maybe we can get 0.5% more people washing their hands a lot" opportunity?

e: I wash my hands a lot anyway because I cook, but I am definitely washing them more. Plus I want to figure out what to do about my car steering wheel and gear shift knob because those are probably gross; I probably have some Clorox Clean-Up or something around here.

after you sanitize a surface assume its tainted the next time you touch it after touching something unknown since you previously washed hands maybe??

i wash more than i need to prolly but w/e

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oiled and Ready posted:

No march madness, no president bernie, lame rear end coronavirus everywhere, what happened to this timeline

are you not entertained?

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=results

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

not an endorsement posted:

i will say every time a person within 20 feet of me so much as clears their throat or sniffs i press my nose into my chest like a sleeping bird

not me, every time i see someone catch their breath or cough i run up and stick my nose in their mouth, hoping to gather more blessings from nurgle.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

brb I'm heading out again to the right area to get a test

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Think the mattering has arrived.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raccooon posted:

lol

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

a vote!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

much like how the escalator day opened up a Pandora’s box of stupidity and content, so too must the end of the Trump presidency consist of all the bullshit and insanity collapsing in on itself

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Bulgakov posted:

after you sanitize a surface assume its tainted the next time you touch it after touching something unknown since you previously washed hands maybe??

Yea exactly, again because I cook for myself and wife and kids etc I'm pretty routine with keeping track of "tainted" surfaces. I am extra-careful to wash knife handles as much or more than knife blades, because the handles are where my hands have been, etc. I'm not saying I'm like a surgeon but I've been careful like this for years, decades even, so it's really routine.

But my point was that if I'm in my house cutting up onions and frozen sausage, I'll of course wash my hands when it makes sense but I'm not going to expose myself to a virus that's never been in my environment in any case. Unless they're extremely sneaky.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Raccooon posted:

still waiting for the Pivot

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
No poo poo, but also lmao
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1238216578161926145?s=19

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
yeah the cleanliness of the home is a funny one. if you're really worried, put some hand sanitizer outside and use it before touching your doorknob. alternatively, always wash your hands after you enter your home.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

actually it will not matter in the slightest

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

well luckily (or not, depending on your nihilism ranking) it didn't burn to the ground, because the original work and the maintenance over the centuries has meant that the stone structure survived pretty well. The tall pointy tower did some damage when it fell down, but that was a 19th century addition and lots of people then and subsequently said that it was a bad idea; it was kind-of like the chair they installed in Contact

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

And nothing will happen because of it

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol such a petty craven cracker demon nation

quote:

For these reasons, the national emergency declared on March 15, 1995, must continue in effect beyond March 15, 2020. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to Iran declared in Executive Order 12957. The emergency declared by Executive Order 12957 constitutes an emergency separate from that declared on November 14, 1979, by Executive Order 12170, in connection with the hostage crisis. This renewal, therefore, is distinct from the emergency renewal of November 2019.

thank you!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

the popes toes posted:

Look Into This Face And Count If You Can The Orgies Of Evil!

petit choux posted:

The Masque of the Pink Death

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
Donald Trump is the final president

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

“notro dom”??? is that a German word for “sailor”?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

emfive posted:

Yea exactly, again because I cook for myself and wife and kids etc I'm pretty routine with keeping track of "tainted" surfaces. I am extra-careful to wash knife handles as much or more than knife blades, because the handles are where my hands have been, etc. I'm not saying I'm like a surgeon but I've been careful like this for years, decades even, so it's really routine.

But my point was that if I'm in my house cutting up onions and frozen sausage, I'll of course wash my hands when it makes sense but I'm not going to expose myself to a virus that's never been in my environment in any case. Unless they're extremely sneaky.

thats the beauty of it!

it is very sneaky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Alec Eiffel posted:

are you not entertained?

srsly this is it baby i feel light as a feather