Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

The problem is that our sense of morality tends to be what makes us become leftists in the first place

a "sense of morality" is more of a right wing thing becuase what it usually means is a black and white worldview that translates into "its ok to brutalize minorities as long as you are nice and polite towards your white neighbors"

leftism is all about empathy. being able to understand the pain of others, even if they are not like you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

babypolis posted:

a "sense of morality" is more of a right wing thing becuase what it usually means is a black and white worldview that translates into "its ok to brutalize minorities as long as you are nice and polite towards your white neighbors"

leftism is all about empathy. being able to understand the pain of others, even if they are not like you

You AV makes it seem like the first sentence is meant positively and Lindsey is literally sneering at the second line. It is loving with me hard.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Old people should stay away from voting booths for their safety

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Owlbear Camus posted:

You could have cut a reparations check for about $12,000 to every man, woman and child descended from victims of the transatlantic slave trade with the money dumped into the wallets of the capital controlling class today.

you are correct, the reparations check would just be dumped into the wallets of the capital controlling class

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Raccooon posted:

It'll help them avoid coronavirus too

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Raccooon posted:

At this point I cannot figure out if this is the left-wing or the centrist position. On the one hand showing up to vote means they vote, on the other hand it increases the death toll.

Edit: I don't even know if cheering on Corona-chan is left or right, it seems like cheering for death is a right wing thing. On the other hand cheering for nazi death has always been fine, so :shrug:

Pingui has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Mar 13, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it’d be v cool when Bernie gets all of the remaining delegates but the dnc goes “doesn’t count, because of the virus. extraordinary circumstances. Biden wins, ez”

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bernie Sanders needs to ask himself if he really wants to win. because right now it doesn’t feel like he does.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Deified Data posted:

Sunday's debate is not going to be nearly as cathartic as many of us would hope, I think. I think Joe's gonna pretend to agree with Bernie on all the issues and Bernie's gonna let him get away with it.

Romney did this back in one of the '12 debates, didn't seem to work then.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/PubicZirconium/status/1238255215339601923?s=19

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Serf posted:

capital is so loving stupid. a few minor concessions on healthcare, student loan forgiveness, etc, a tiny amount of their vast fortune, and they could have put an entire generation of workers in the imperial core back to sleep. the best way to defuse this situation would be to let bernie pass his mild social democratic agenda and secure our compliance. but in failing to do so, they are digging their own graves. workers of the world, unite imo

the majority of oligarchs (the non religious ones at least)probably know that climate change is real and that the world as we know it is hosed if they don't immediately change or stop their current way of life. Of course they could do this and remain extremely rich as hell, forever, but they want to be richer than that. They don't want to compromise because they're sociopathic dipshits who have never truly failed before and think they can survive anything forever if they just pay their way into some elon musk moon dome or buy robolungs and a bunker in New Zealand lol

i guess they are right to an extent but moon domes don't last forever :sad:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I know some people who grew up in family situations where everyone just touched everyone else all the time in every way possible, like hugs and playful punches and shoulder rubs but also just lying on top of each other in a heap while watching TV. Did Biden have like a super extreme version of that because the people I know who grew up that way can still control themselves in public.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Raccooon posted:

no joke

also lmao

:bernget20:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

I know some people who grew up in family situations where everyone just touched everyone else all the time in every way possible, like hugs and playful punches and shoulder rubs but also just lying on top of each other in a heap while watching TV. Did Biden have like a super extreme version of that because the people I know who grew up that way can still control themselves in public.

Biden is a sexpest hth

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

The Biden gently caress-N-Suck Manor of Ill Repute

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Are they even going to still have primaries with the way coronavirus fears have been spreading?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Dolash posted:

Are they even going to still have primaries with the way coronavirus fears have been spreading?
Yeah. Right now I can't imagine the convention happening. Every time I see video of it it's just people all over the place shaking hands and moving back and forth between places and all kinds of weird stuff.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

d i c k. w o l f

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Dolash posted:

They're gonna run up Biden's score in Florida and Georgia, then cancel the rest

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

feels good man

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dementia is back on the menu, jack....

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Freaking Crumbum posted:

feels good man

eww maricopa county. as someone who lived there for >30 years you have my condolences

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Spergin Morlock posted:

eww maricopa county. as someone who lived there for >30 years you have my condolences

it is a burden i must suffer every day

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

babypolis posted:

I don't think it's just about empathy. It's more generally about having a sense of fairness and a revulsion to cruelty, which are moral principles that apply even when you aren't directly empathizing with the people involved

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Freaking Crumbum posted:

feels good man

Your ink is a little outside the oval, hard to determine which candidate you meant to vote for. Discarded.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Romney did this back in one of the '12 debates, didn't seem to work then.

It's something I wouldn't ever see working in a general, but in a primary you have nothing to lose by doing it if you're in the lead. "I'm the other guy, but with more support", plus it's not like his donors really need to be told he doesn't actually believe any of it. Bernie let Warren get away with this the whole primary.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Freaking Crumbum posted:

feels good man

Don't vote for Jane Doe she has really regressive views on criminal justice

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
They're out of their loving minds if they think Joe Biden is going to beat Trump. Not a single liberal boomer is going to go to the polls with a pandemic about and young people are not voting. Chud boomers do not give a gently caress about this because they don't think it is real or that it can happen to them.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Trumpie 2020

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
By the way, if the GOP does not actively try to scare boomers and low info voters through leafting or whatever about the boomer plague, they are out of their minds. They have a Trump victory all wrapped up baby.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Judakel posted:

They're out of their loving minds if they think Joe Biden is going to beat Trump. Not a single liberal boomer is going to go to the polls with a pandemic about and young people are not voting. Chud boomers do not give a gently caress about this because they don't think it is real or that it can happen to them.

And a lot of the rare young people who actually were voting will now stay home rather than risk getting someone else sick, especially if they risk bringing it home to their similarly-aged family members

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Judakel posted:

Yeah it's hilarious

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Someone I know know liked a tweet about how the suburbs might swing Biden's way after the super tuesday results came in and lots of burb dwellers were going Biden and how that could finish Trump... Guess who is terrified of dying and created an entire, wasteful existence away from cities just to avoid death in any form? lmao. Trump 2020 baby! Express elevator to hell!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Judakel posted:

By the way, if the GOP does not actively try to scare boomers and low info voters through leafting or whatever about the boomer plague, they are out of their minds. They have a Trump victory all wrapped up baby.

Apparently Covid 19 is Biden's fault, according to some at Fox.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

sullat posted:

Apparently Covid 19 is Biden's fault, according to some at Fox.

Might as well be. Who gives a gently caress anymore. Just isn't Trump's.

:sad:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
If the economy doesn't completely crash come November, Trump wins. If it does, Biden may have a shot.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

what is it that Joe Biden plans on doing differently than Trump? Am I actually expected to show up in November to secure a Joe Biden Supreme Court nominee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Kingfish posted:

what is it that Joe Biden plans on doing differently than Trump? Am I actually expected to show up in November to secure a Joe Biden Supreme Court nominee?

Yup. That's literally it. There are no other plans.