Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Also small business owners are often debt ridden as hell. Their business usually exists more to leverage for credit to pump up their lifestyle rather than actually make a lot of money (usually because they are morons but sometimes because they are unlucky). They are not going to be able to eat a couple month closure.

This is very very common in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao were all gonna die

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

just bailed on a concert but gave the brave remaining attendees N95s from my personal stash

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

wait a minute aren't we getting hit by an asteroid next month or something

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Delthalaz posted:

What is the deal with the tests? How come every other country was able to churn out tests but we have like 200 total?

We needed them for NBA players

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

kopasetic posted:

ordering the test in Louisiana currently requires the patient to have a bunch of other negative tests prior to the dept of health even considering it. it took 4 hours of phone calls and paperwork to get one of our patient's tested. the test was positive.

the system works

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

you lot will get your tests eventually but for now you need to understand that they're only to be used on your betters

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the corona
he destroyed his cage
yes
YES
the corona is out

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/RydersMommy1222/status/1237532542305095681

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
the utah jazz basketball team all got tested like an hour after one of them was positive and only 1 was symptomatic

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Bearjew posted:

watching Contagion again and lmao

is there a movie like contagion but that isn't made by such a sickly lib sorkinish etc perspective??

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

wait a minute aren't we getting hit by an asteroid next month or something

when is the supervolcano supposed to blow? dril made a tweet about a volcano, so i assume its coming

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

So here in Ohio we spooked the gently caress out of everyone with a press conference today. We had a grocery run so I thought hey, I should get a few more things just in case and went out.

En route I hear this live https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487329-ohio-health-official-estimates-100000-people-in-state-have-coronavirus

quote:

"Whenever you know of 2 people that have it due to community spread, then you can assume that 1% of your population has it," said ODH Press Secretary Melanie Amato, citing a 2017 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report from the CDC.

So if true, pretty hosed up. I'm in northeast Ohio outside Akron. So nearby some of the cases that have been walking around for weeks.

Schools have closed. And when I got to Aldis, it was pretty packed with people doing a stock up. And hilariously the toilet paper was cleared out. No problem with anything else though.

Oh and my kids/wife have a cold coming on with a cough and light fever, so who knows what lies ahead now. But to be fair their school already had a big flu go through BEFORE this, so could just be nothing.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

how is any healthcare professional able to work in the USA without immediately vomiting. the system is anathema to everything that healthcare should stand for. How is anyone able to work in the bullshit insurance nightmare without immediate and utter self loathing about participating in such a disgusting system.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

I mean, accessing the graduate entry route in the UK, I'd say there's a lot more emphasis here at least on pattern recognition, analysis and understanding as well as having a lot of willpower to deal with garbage. The extremely brutal exam I had to pass is partly designed to filter out people who just memorise in favour of people who can understand, analyse and communicate as well as keeping trucking along when you feel like you're absolutely overwhelmed and failing.

My main point still stands

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Jel Shaker posted:

the corona
he destroyed his cage
yes
YES
the corona is out

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

the corona
he destroyed his cage
yes
YES
the corona is out

read this in the welcome to nightvale voice

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

UnknownTarget posted:

What's the crack ping thing from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoBWUs8poYU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Basic Poster posted:

My main point still stands

fair point

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao how is Ohio supposed to claim 100,000 when the US basically doesn't have testing program to justify this calculation / 95% confidence interval.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

contagions depictions of what happens when society falls apart such as some masked bandits breaking into homes is adorable naive

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vox Nihili posted:

They're going to close permanently when their landlords drink their loving milkshake.

they are the landlords

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

the corona
he destroyed his cage
yes
YES
the corona is out

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

euphronius posted:

im in Disney world atm lmao

did they give you the keys and tell you to lock up and turn the lights off when you're done?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

etalian posted:

lmao how is Ohio supposed to claim 100,000 when the US basically doesn't have testing program to justify this calculation / 95% confidence interval.

I just posted that, its based on community spread

quote:

"Whenever you know of 2 people that have it due to community spread, then you can assume that 1% of your population has it," said ODH Press Secretary Melanie Amato, citing a 2017 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report from the CDC.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

if I were a doomsday prepper I'd be pretty fuckin smug about it once doomsday finally came ngl

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

did they give you the keys and tell you to lock up and turn the lights off when you're done?

I guess basically

it’s quite eerie

everything was “normal” and I noticed this afternoon employees were starting to wear latex gloves

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

empty whippet box posted:

if I were a doomsday prepper I'd be pretty fuckin smug about it once doomsday finally came ngl
even better if they post pictures of their house from outside

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I'm the 1/3rd of the shelving taken up by toilet paper

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Grocery store today was nuts compared to just a day ago.

Just got approval for indefinite wfh so that's nice.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

how is any healthcare professional able to work in the USA without immediately vomiting. the system is anathema to everything that healthcare should stand for. How is anyone able to work in the bullshit insurance nightmare without immediate and utter self loathing about participating in such a disgusting system.

its uh... pretty bad and frequently soul crushing. i've paid for poo poo like generic blood thinners for homeless patients with afib so they don't stroke out after discharge

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hahahahahaahahaha laaaaagfffffffff my inlaws are the "hosts" of this park i had no idea

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Not sure why you'd need that much air freshener, but the rest seems sensible enough. Really should use washing powder instead of liquid, though - just way better, and won't make your machine smell.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

psycho poo poo

enjoy eating toilet paper when you run out of food lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL remember a week ago when boomers were talking poo poo about everyone?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

the thing is, they aren't preppers. They are just couponers who like to brag about their haul, how much they saved, and how much grief they give to the poor cashier

preppers would not post info that allows their stash to be found and would also post their armory of guns

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 13, 2020

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

glad to see georgia is being run by a 15 year old kid with their first playboy magazine

"yeah just put it in the forest, no one will find it"

that park has a golf course

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

the corona
he destroyed his cage
yes
YES
the corona is out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL remember a week ago when boomers were talking poo poo about everyone?

BOOMER REMOVER

LMAO