Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Are people really expecting that stores will close and their taps will stop working and the power grid will shut down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

Are people really expecting that stores will close and their taps will stop working and the power grid will shut down?

At this point I mean why not

We've already got this far let's just fuckin roll the dice and see what it's like. Trump? Pandemic? What does human meat taste like? We will see!

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/12/there-are-reasons-be-optimistic-regarding-coronavirus/?arc404=true

Some reasons for guarded optimism regarding the Coronavirus in the US. With major caveats, obviously.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ultimate Mango posted:

Italy ordered all stores except grocery stores and pharmacies be closed

But water and power aren't really gonna be an issue, this thing is bad but its not that bad

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

Italy ordered all stores except grocery stores and pharmacies be closed

But water and power aren't really gonna be an issue, this thing is bad but its not that bad

what about internet :ohdear:

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Xanderkish posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/12/there-are-reasons-be-optimistic-regarding-coronavirus/?arc404=true

Some reasons for guarded optimism regarding the Coronavirus in the US. With major caveats, obviously.

I thought they weren't going to paywall this poo poo anymore.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xanderkish posted:

That gave me just about zero sense of optimism.

"we have wide grocery store isles and air conditioning" yay

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

How many toilet papers do you have

Trick question. Not enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

You fool, I am rolls of toilet paper festooned into the shape of a man inscribed with the word Emet

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

Rutibex posted:

Expecting cable bandwidth to go to poo poo when everyone starts working from home (already starring to happen).

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Catalina posted:

I’ve got bad news for you when you need to go on a toilet paper run.

I’m mad at myself for not investing a bunch of money in toilet paper and hand soap companies before all this poo poo blew up.

And face mask companies.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Atricks posted:

Expecting cable bandwidth to go to poo poo when everyone starts working from home (already starring to happen).

Yeah and I'm sure everyone will be "working"

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Nah, some in fact do if they are the right type (n95 certified).

Think fine wood dust, not the ones just for paint fumes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Atricks posted:

maybe this will finally be the wakeup call we need to get fiber to the house

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Rutibex posted:

maybe this will finally be the wakeup call we need to get fiber to the house

If you don't have fiber perhaps that's why you go through so much toilet paper.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Rutibex posted:

you work for Umbrella Corporation? gently caress this is the guy that let out the Roni, get him!

Oh god not that kind of umbrella. Only time we deal with china is when we receive packages and oh god --

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Houston schools just got closed for one or two weeks. At least one of those can overlap with spring break.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWBiERHSEhg&t=15s

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m still waiting for boomer boss to tell us to start working from home but he apparently craves the sweet release of the grave.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah and I'm sure everyone will be "working"

I’m working this big bird dick

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So if coronavirus is just the cold that means I can put bath salts on my beans, correct? Salt is salt!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The tp thing really makes me wonder how much I use. I usually get one of those big 24 packs from BJs, and just replace it when I get low. I have no idea how long that is. I have 8 rolls here by myself, and I often poop in work. But what if work closes? Dear lord, I’m going to have to jungle book it.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

drunkill posted:

Australia has pulled the trigger after the F1 was canceled this morning.

https://twitter.com/Raf_Epstein/status/1238294372732432385?s=19

Footy season starts next weekend. 90k+ season opener on Thursday night will now play at an empty stadium. Or they postpone the season

Footy season started last night dude. Sold out crowd at Parramatta stadium.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sweet thursday posted:

WRONG

(They panic-ordered online when the virus was just starting and ordered 2,300 rolls by mistake)

I. M. Gei posted:

I tried to buy a respirator mask for a home improvement project I’m working on, but apparently every single hardware store is out of them. Just completely out. Of every kind of respirator.

:psyduck:

Thank god I saved the last one I bought, although I don’t know for sure if it’s technically made for what I’m doing (drilling into masonry and gardening).

Can hardware store safety masks even protect people from viruses?

Ah gently caress me not this again. Here in Australia we had people hoarding respiratory masks during the recent bushfires when the cities were being blanketed with smoke for weeks, all the chemists/drugstores and hardware stores were sold out for weeks.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Rutibex posted:

Justinian Trudeau

Magnificent

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/NancyLStone/status/1238282634041733122

The feds aren't even trying.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
If someone survives and posts here months from now, please say Necro post

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

Can't wait til the world is dead and gay like these forums

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/RyanHaarer/status/1238307370989740033
:aaaaa::hf::zombie:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hazo posted:

True dark times loom when Disney WORLD shuts down because that’s basically the entire economy of Orlando.

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

it's refreshing to see someone handling this so well. good job

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

All the people coming into the liquor store hands raw from washing compulsively all lining up to purchase a substance that trashes your immune system.

Do not drink or smoke during this morons.

You can suck a gently caress. I'm getting smashed if I'm staying home. My kid is out school, and.my household is some.strange, apparently still very weird dual income household(thanks, student loans), so we are probably gonna be tag teaming work, hoping neither of us get fired. I'm an auto technician though so I fully expect all our customers to stop coming in, and thus I get sent home.

Just upgraded my hard drive and got a sweet new monitor so gently caress it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed. Ironic. We thought we would make it to 2077.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rutibex posted:

Telecommunications are going to keep the economy running loving everyone is going to WFH that can. I work for a telecom. WFH is "encouraged but up to supervisors" right now. I suspect that once logistics are worked out it will become mandatory. People who need to go out for installs, line repairs, etc. are going to basically get gloves/mask/sanitizer and probably guidelines to minimize contact with customers.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We are now living in Post-PostMalone

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Not sure why everyone is freaking out about toilet paper. Just use a damp cloth and toss it in the wash. Chlll

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

interwhat posted:

You can suck a gently caress. I'm getting smashed if I'm staying home. My kid is out school, and.my household is some.strange, apparently still very weird dual income household(thanks, student loans), so we are probably gonna be tag teaming work, hoping neither of us get fired. I'm an auto technician though so I fully expect all our customers to stop coming in, and thus I get sent home.

Just upgraded my hard drive and got a sweet new monitor so gently caress it

I can't and I won't you bitch!!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fargin Icehole posted:

Greetings from the gold mine mass graves

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Your immune system being strengthened by sobriety ain't gonna stop the Roni my friend, it is an alien virus created by a pangolin who hosed a bat, and no human body can cope with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

smoobles posted:

Your immune system being strengthened by sobriety ain't gonna stop the Roni my friend, it is an alien virus created by a pangolin who hosed a bat, and no human body can cope with it.

You're a complete moron, I already told you the virus was forcibly administrated to a Chinese man in the woods by a pangolin wielding a pistol.