Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

I was considering going just to see Carcass as I might not get another chance in my lifetime
I'm sad that people will miss out on seeing them

I refused to buy a ticket to download just to see carcass and gently caress Soundworks Touring for pretending to have carcass sideshows to announce when in fact it was just sideshows for the cities where download wasnt going (probably because download had some bullshit exclusivity clause)

I saw them probably 10 years ago now at The Metro in Sydney and it was fuckin' sweet as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im going to the raiders game tonight i hope i sont get pandemic

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Laserface posted:

I refused to buy a ticket to download just to see carcass and gently caress Soundworks Touring for pretending to have carcass sideshows to announce when in fact it was just sideshows for the cities where download wasnt going (probably because download had some bullshit exclusivity clause)

I saw them probably 10 years ago now at The Metro in Sydney and it was fuckin' sweet as heck.

They were alright when I saw them come through last time. They don't play nearly enough material from 'Reek of Putrefaction' to make it worth the ticket price.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

anti-magic posted:

They were alright when I saw them come through last time. They don't play nearly enough material from 'Reek of Putrefaction' to make it worth the ticket price.

Necroticism is my jam

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
that supermarket truck that got knocked over was near me and the community fb group post about it is just absolutely going off

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Isaac posted:

Im going to the raiders game tonight i hope i sont get pandemic

Even if you do it'll be worth it to see the green machine put a 50 burger on the Titans.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

This year is going to be really loving boring if everything keeps getting cancelled.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

that supermarket truck that got knocked over was near me and the community fb group post about it is just absolutely going off

this is art

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Download last year was a much better lineup imo. When will you ever get to see slayer and anthrax play the same show as some real grouse up and comers like alien weaponry.

Speaking of which, time to test of my new Cambridge Audio earphones with some Maori metal

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do they let you swim in the blue water?

For some reason they were averse to the idea

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Download last year was a much better lineup imo. When will you ever get to see slayer and anthrax play the same show as some real grouse up and comers like alien weaponry.

Speaking of which, time to test of my new Cambridge Audio earphones with some Maori metal

ya i had no interest in this years lineup.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Download has never had a lineup worth paying for but that is not to say that they dont contain bands that are good.

Im thankful that Im at that age were the music I enjoy is obscure enough to have events small enough that they wont get cancelled but also big enough to have a decent following to pull international acts in.

of downloads lineup I'd like to have seen carcass and clutch though.

for me, Carcass is heartwork/swan song.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I hope though all of this people see that working from home is a completely viable thing to do from time-to-time and it's a trend that continues.

Having to drag your arse into work every day just because some backwards-thinking boomer boss wants to see his office with people in it is overrated.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Government advised to ban all mass gatherings over 500 people to stop the spread of coronavirus

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Severing posted:

I hope though all of this people see that working from home is a completely viable thing to do from time-to-time and it's a trend that continues.

Having to drag your arse into work every day just because some backwards-thinking boomer boss wants to see his office with people in it is overrated.

We have our entire business logging in to RDS as is, even on site so once we enact wfh for all office staff I am very hopeful people will protest if they try and wind it back to full attendance. The middle managers who's entire position is based on the facade of keeping people productive are probably sweating though.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

for me, Carcass is heartwork/swan song.

They really have something for everyone

I like the extremely 90s politics in Swansong

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

They really have something for everyone

I like the extremely 90s politics in Swansong

Black star rising is a pretty cool album/band also.

I dug Jeff walkers solo covers album too.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The remote desktop/work from home software is a complete joke and is always breaking down even under normal load. It will be completely obliterated if any serious work from home directions are given.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I've noticed all the people who don't like using the bidets at work because they're 'gross' also don't want to work from home because they'll be too distracted. People here are dumb as poo poo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

I've noticed all the people who don't like using the bidets at work because they're 'gross' also don't want to work from home because they'll be too distracted. People here are dumb as poo poo.

you can make those people blue-screen by asking them why a bidet is bad but sharing a pool, spa or bath tub is A OK.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

huge shoutout to the guy who tried to tell me he'd called "dibs" on the rusty bathtub I was strapping down to the roof of my truck from a random "first in best dressed please take this poo poo off my property" facebook post

just an incredible lack of pride over something that is almost certainly going to give you tetanus, gotta respect that.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Why do you want a rusty bathtub?

Why do 2 people want it, for that matter.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Growing potatoes in or something

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Large weed growing pot?

Has anyone been to a Supabarn grocery? What's it more like if so, a high end grocer or an IGA competitor??

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the bathtub is just getting sunk into the ground and turned into a little pond/tank overflow spot, the potatos thing interests me, do you just plant em right down the bottom and build em up over time? I haven't had a successful harvest of em yet but everything online is telling me to build em up with soil as they grow to get nice big tubers otherwise you wind up with sad useless little potatos, i threw a few straight in the dirt around the place to get a feel for what they do just completely unattended, and then I've got a few that I'm actually following the internets advice on

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 13, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Easter Show cancelled :rip:

I was fuckin fanging for all the food hey.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

the bathtub is just getting sunk into the ground and turned into a little pond/tank overflow spot, the potatos thing interests me, do you just plant em right down the bottom and build em up over time? I haven't had a successful harvest of em yet but everything online is telling me to build em up with soil as they grow to get nice big tubers otherwise you wind up with sad useless little potatos, i threw a few straight in the dirt around the place to get a feel for what they do just completely unattended, and then I've got a few that I'm actually following the internets advice on

quote:

i threw a few straight in the dirt around the place to get a feel for what they do just completely unattended

quote:

you wind up with sad useless little potatoes

This was the sequence of events for me.

On the plus side, I got some more seed potatoes for the next season.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
None of my potatoes did anything productive but I have several baby pumpkins on a vine which somehow survived the worst of summer and absolute neglect.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TBH I put potatoes and pumpkin in the category of "its just cheaper and easier to buy them"

Grow poo poo that gets expensive to buy imo, or is a replenish-able crop, like basil or spinach or lettuce.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm not finding any troubles with pumpkins tbh, my qld blues are looking like they want to get picked any day now. Unless you're referring to the fact that they just take over everything if you don't direct them strategically in which case yes I have surrended a large portion of the good soil I have as a pumpkin patch and not much else apart from little ornamental things

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

There is also a bit of opportunity cost involved. How much space is taken up by the pumpkins that could be used better by different crops. If its just a space you werent going to use otherwise and you threw some seeds there and ignored them, then yeah, pumpkin is fine. If its a choice between a $2/kg crop and a $30/kg crop, or a crop that stores don't readily sell, I know which one im growing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

This was a Kalamata olive tree I paid money for getting choked out by pumpkin seeds I got given for free by the lady who claims to be descended from Merlin. It’s still there I guess, but I have decided if it gets overrun by borg pumpkin I’m cool with that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

NPR Journalizard posted:

There is also a bit of opportunity cost involved. How much space is taken up by the pumpkins that could be used better by different crops. If its just a space you werent going to use otherwise and you threw some seeds there and ignored them, then yeah, pumpkin is fine. If its a choice between a $2/kg crop and a $30/kg crop, or a crop that stores don't readily sell, I know which one im growing.

yeah this all makes a lot of sense. I doubt we can actually get to a good place wrt food self-sufficiency without utilising that space eventually but I wanted to just throw random poo poo down and see what likes the soil around here, and apparently this is pumpkin and melon country

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Hahahaaaha the potato caught the Roni!

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
[quote="NPR Journalizard" post="""]
TBH I put potatoes and pumpkin in the category of "its just cheaper and easier to buy them"

[/quote]

Spuds fall into the "sufficiently nicer than store bought that they're worth it" for me.

The pumpkin is just in my front yard growing in a dirt pile where I emptied a potato bag which failed to launch.

I've never had much luck with lettuce. My climbing spinach and perpetual spinach are doing OK, though. I lost most of my herbs so it's time to plant new ones.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i'm 100% never gonna gently caress with lettuce, seems like a huge water investment for the calorie return you get for it.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

It takes 100% of my horticultural ability to keep my peace lily alive so vegetables are right out of the question for me

Also I live in a apartment, so there's that

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I had a decent garden both seasons but heat wave got both of em. All I have left is a curry leaf tree and I swear to god im gonna keep that one alive so I can rip some off the tree and make poha at my heart's content

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have a cactus which seems to grow less the more I water it.

So far I haven't watered it at all in 6 months or more but it's fuckin exploded heaps of new growths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My sweet potato patch is going gangbusters and has completely taken

100 or so days untill I have too much sweet potato