Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They were really playing it up as being large. I hope they do a Livestream of the entire thing and just go full Nintendo direct. That would be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I've been working more on the tyranid list I posted about earlier in the thread. I have the 1k version fully assembled, and now I've gotten it scaled up to a 2,500-er. Most of the original 1k points are exactly the same, except the flyrant'll be run as a full dakka-flyrant now and I'll be using the Shrikes as Warriors again (the Prime effect and Kronos psyker power is just too good of a synergy to ignore.) How does this look?

If it helps, the local meta (in as far as a bunch of my friends counts as a meta) seems to be Bad Moon Orks, Alpha Legion Chaos, and Blood Angels.

ThoraxTheImpaler
Aug 13, 2014

CONDESCENDING
ASSHOLE

Kitchner posted:

So I've signed up to a local 40K league and it seems the guys there are pretty keen on using ITC. Does anyone know where there's an up to date guide on the ITC objectives that explains when to pick what?

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/community/frontline-gamings-independent-tournament-circuit/itc-2015-season-40k-tournament-format/

You'll likely be using the ITC Champion's Missions for mission and objective selection. It handily has a step-by-step of picking things.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Finished an Apothecary!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Kitchner posted:

So I've signed up to a local 40K league and it seems the guys there are pretty keen on using ITC. Does anyone know where there's an up to date guide on the ITC objectives that explains when to pick what?

We don't have an up to date one sadly, but there will be one soon. In the meantime you can probably get some mileage out of the thinking in the one Wings wrote ages ago https://www.goonhammer.com/second-to-none-picking-itc-secondaries/ plus the hot take from when the pack was finalised https://www.goonhammer.com/the-goonhammer-hot-take-finalised-2020-itc-missions/

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Thanks, I wasnt sure if GH did one and if it did if it would still be useful, guess I can read them both together though and give it a shot.

I'm playing Grey Knights for the league probably (though I can change my list and army each game) so I'm likely always going to want to go first so the change to deployment doesn't affect me much, other than the fact I know for sure I'll get it or have lost it thanks to no seize.

More concerned about picking the right secondaries for the right opponent.

Edit; Looks like my opponents are blood angels, thousand sons/daemons, Eldar/dark eldar. As soon as the guy said TS/Daemons I felt a bit bad for that matchup. Two more guys haven't spoke up yet but we are sort of in the middle of the league so I'm not expecting any crazy broken IH lists or anything.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 13, 2020

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

There's also one on primaries, which is basically still accurate since the primary hasn't changed much except the relative difficulty of a lot of the bonus objectives has gone down.

Also as GK, strongly consider going 2nd - with the amount of DS you can bring to the table as well as Gate and Astral Aim, you can often hide your entire army effectively.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
That's a good point.

The list isn't quite the double Paladin bomb simply as I don't have enough paladins, but the premise is essentially the same. Gate a unit of paladins into someone's face and edict imperator a GMDK up the board in turn 1. Bunch of characters at the back, half the army deep strikes in.

I guess I need to also revisit the goon hammer article on setting up scenery to ensure that the board actually makes sense as well. I mean if you're using ITC might as well using tournament board set ups too.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Lol i was about 10s from asking for advice on screening, went to GH and there's a screening guide published today

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Tulip posted:

Lol i was about 10s from asking for advice on screening, went to GH and there's a screening guide published today

Wings did a fantastic job on it, too

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/13/adepticon-cancelled/

Turns out JBP was right, they're live streaming them. Two of them even.

quote:

Saturday the 28th of March – 2:00 pm GMT

Saturday the 4th of April – 2:00 pm GMT

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
^^^^
What time is 2 o'clock GMT in God's time zone (Eastern)?

JackMann posted:

Finished an Apothecary!

I'm glad you went all white, it's really good look.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 13, 2020

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Eifert Posting posted:

^^^^
What time is 2 o'clock GMT in God's time zone (Eastern)?

I think we'll both be in DST at that point so -5 hours, 9am EST.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

I think we'll both be in DST at that point so -5 hours, 9am EST.

10 am EST, because its 9 in central time

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

God's time zone (Eastern)?
Please, we all know God's Own Time Zone is CST. This is not up for debate.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
If it was God's own time, you wouldn't have to change it twice a year.

-Arizona

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

JackMann posted:

If it was God's own time, you wouldn't have to change it twice a year.

-Arizona

It tracks that my Godforsaken state doesn't follow God's own time

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm glad you guys in Discord pushed me to it. I've always had a lot of trouble painting white, and I was feeling pretty intimidated with white power armor. It ended up a lot better than I expected.

Unrelated, but I found the first ever minis I painted. They were from learn to paint box I picked up in 2012, when I decided I was going to start painting minis.

I present: The March of Progress

Thin your paints? What does that mean?

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

JBP posted:

Go for it! I love the hijinks you can do. Just be prepared to stay your hand on command rerolls and stuff. I run very heavy on spending my CP before the game and usually have between four and six to actually play with so you want to avoid early rerolls and stick to the plan. You could just use a regular librarian but I like being able to deploy the Phobos guy forward to cast enveloping darkness on turn one and either risk shadow stepping away or having an aggressor screen.

I'm a big fan of auto bolters and aggressors using Ambushing Fire for 2CP on turn two when my deep strike arrives. Really beefs up their effectiveness against power armour.

I always forget gene wrought might! That would be very tasty with infiltrating vets. It is a pretty big price to make an ok melee unit competent, but when you factor in their shooting as well they can really put out a lot of pain. I find they generally go alright with a unit of ten led by a thunder hammer sarge. Lots of gun and their charges can be used to finish off or just tie up a unit so it can't shoot you.

Give the beefcake chaplain/gravis captain and shadow step delivery a go. A Master of Sanctity with relic crozius and imperium's sword with his +2" charge and self buff is insane damage output that can appear anywhere and kill virtually anything. He costs 2CP (unless you want him to be a risky warlord) but he's really fun and if you bring in aggressors turn two you can teleport him over to them so they can get a 7 inch charge from deepstrike. You can also toss Raven's Blade on a target for 1CP and basically guarantee those powerfists wreck something. You could do it with a basic chaplain as well, but there's nothing better than having a buffed up lunatic charge in and dump seven S8 -2 attacks on something at flat four damage. I always feel like I get my 77 points and 2CP worth as long as faithful librarian doesn't gently caress up the psychic punt.

Thanks! I'm working my way up to 1500 points against an opponent that always brings Bjorn, who takes 3 turns to get anywhere useful. I don't think he'll expect getting jumped T2 by a roided-up Chaplain and Aggressor squad. Next game, I had a plan involving Master of Ambush as close to the enemy deployment as possible, and augmented T1 by a drop pod with a grav dev squad, librarian, and company vets. I think I'll change it up and use MoA on a Gravis Captain, and save that Chaplain for a T2 bomb. Looks like I have to paint a bunch of aggressors now.

haakman
May 5, 2011

Managed to knock out a marine whilst working from home. 4 more in the pipeline! They aren't the prettiest but they'll do for troops.

Nuntius
May 7, 2004

(not a fag)

haakman posted:

Managed to knock out a marine whilst working from home. 4 more in the pipeline! They aren't the prettiest but they'll do for troops.

Having to self-isolate and as I sit on endless conference calls it’s amazing how many little bits and pieces you can get painted when you cut each part of the painting process in to 2 minutes jobs.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Nuntius posted:

Having to self-isolate and as I sit on endless conference calls it’s amazing how many little bits and pieces you can get painted when you cut each part of the painting process in to 2 minutes jobs.

Agile painting methodology

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Kitchner posted:

Agile painting methodology

A good way of doing a bad job of lots of things

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

haakman posted:

Those highlights are great!

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Cross posting from the painting thread.

Finally completed my first model in about 2 years, an Iron Warriors Warsmith.

Minus the bit I have to clean up on his shoulder pad, I'm really happy with how he came out.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I do feel that Games Workshop have gone a bit overboard with this whole ARG for the new model of Fabius Bile.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
First completed unit now that I’m a mandated shut-in:

I figure I’ll finish building toward my 1500pt list and then work on the next 500pts. Its primarily an excuse to use my old models but I think an MSU tactical squad with missile launcher is a good objective sitter/ranged choice.

Someone with more modern space marine care to weigh in on how bad this is?

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [32 PL, 624pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**
. Salamanders

+ HQ +

Captain in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 99pts]: Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine

Primaris Chaplain [4 PL, 77pts]: 5. Recitation of Focus, Litany of Hate

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad [4 PL, 80pts]
. 3x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant
. . Boltgun/Bolt pistol
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher

. 3x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant
. . Boltgun/Bolt pistol

. 3x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant
. . Boltgun/Bolt pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [6 PL, 105pts]
. Space Marine Sergeant: Boltgun, Chainsword
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

Stalker [5 PL, 103pts]: Hunter-killer missile, 2x Icarus stormcannon, Storm bolter

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [48 PL, 874pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**
. Salamanders

+ HQ +

Adrax Agatone [7 PL, 140pts]

Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 101pts]: 2) Fire Shield, 4) Drakeskin, Camo cloak, Force sword

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [11 PL, 154pts]: 6x Infiltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 102pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 102pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer

+ Elites +

Reiver Squad [4 PL, 80pts]: Combat knife
. 4x Reiver
. Reiver Sergeant
. . Bolt Carbine/Heavy Bolt Pistol

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [7 PL, 123pts]: Assault bolter x2, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 72pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

++ Total: [80 PL, 1,498pts] ++

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm going to buy the stuff to make up this list when it comes out. We are playing a lot of 1k single battalion at my club. I think this will go ok. I'm going to roll for bonuses to the army since they're all "fine" rather than most haves and having two seems better than one.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [50 PL, 8CP, 998pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Order Convictions: Order: Bloody Rose

+ No Force Org Slot +

Geminae Superia [2 PL, 40pts]
. 2x Geminae Superia: 2x Power sword

Repentia Superior [2 PL, 35pts]

+ HQ +

Canoness [3 PL, 54pts]: Blessed Blade, Bolt pistol, Relic: Triptych of the Macharian Crusade, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Blazing Ire

Celestine [8 PL, 160pts]

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [6 PL, 135pts]: Incensor Cherub
. 6x Battle Sister
. Battle Sister w/ Simulacrum: Simulacrum Imperialis
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Heavy flamer
. Battle Sister w/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Combi-melta

Battle Sister Squad [6 PL, 130pts]
. 6x Battle Sister
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Heavy flamer

Battle Sister Squad [6 PL, 118pts]
. 6x Battle Sister
. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Storm bolter

+ Elites +

Imagifier [2 PL, 45pts]: Tale of the Warrior

Sisters Repentia [2 PL, 52pts]: 4x Sisters Repentia

Zephyrim Squad [9 PL, 170pts]
. 9x Zephyrim: 9x Power sword
. Zephyrim Superior: Bolt pistol, Power sword

+ Fast Attack +

Seraphim Squad [4 PL, 59pts]
. 4x Seraphim
. Seraphim Superior: Bolt pistol, Power sword

++ Total: [50 PL, 8CP, 998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Ghaz's new datasheet leaked, and if it's accurate he's...ok? I have extremely mixed feelings about his new rules. Some of them are great but others are just what the gently caress GW.

If you want to see for yourself go look at the orks subreddit, i don't remember the rules about posting leaks here.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Jumpoff posted:

Ghaz's new datasheet leaked, and if it's accurate he's...ok? I have extremely mixed feelings about his new rules. Some of them are great but others are just what the gently caress GW.

If you want to see for yourself go look at the orks subreddit, i don't remember the rules about posting leaks here.

I think it's fine if you just tell us what he's like.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I heard he can take a max 4 damage per phase

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

The Jumpoff posted:

I just had a look and the summary is:

• He has a different profile based on wounds like a vehicle, moving slower and being weaker, but gaining more attacks as he takes damage
  • His base profile is M 7", WS 2+, S7, T7, W12, A5 2+/4++
  • At the lowest profile he is M 5", WS 2+, S5, T7, A7
  • All ork infantry within 6" can charge after advancing and gain +1 attack
  • Failed morale tests within 6" only cause D3 mortal wounds
  • He can only take a maximum of 4 wounds in a phase
  • Goffs re-roll 1s for melee attacks within 6"
  • He can be used in any detachment, like Shadowsun
  • His shooting is Assault 12 S5 -1AP D1
  • His Klaw is x2 S (so S14), -4 AP , 4D

I don't know, a model that let's all your orks advance and charge, is 2+/4++,T7 with 12 wounds who can't take more than 4 wounds in a phase, and does at least 6 S14 -4 AP attacks, can move 7", advance, fire, and then charge sounds loving awesome.

Edit; Just realised his rules apply to ORK INFANTRY and he's not infantry he's a monster, so his own rules don't apply to him. Still seems awesome.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 15, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Oh, also he can throw a stikkbomb. Don't want to forget that.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

The Jumpoff posted:

Don’t like the re-roll bonus being Goff only. Invuln is only 4+.
Mork’s Roar is underwhelming.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol taking 4 wounds max owns.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

JBP posted:

Lol taking 4 wounds max owns.

Grey Knights can gently caress him up with hitting him in the psychic, shooting, and melee phase but yeah it's a pretty cool rule.

Did orks already have easy ways to advance and charge? If so I can see why that's not a cool rule but if not isn't that a really big deal?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
His S14 AP-4 D4 melee weapon also seems, uh, good.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

The real boss, Makari, was also leaked and he’s an HQ.

Full grot armies can now be battle forged.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I think my biggest hold backs are:

He's probably going to be 300+ points.

The advance and charge for infantry is already on a warboss, which is screenable (although more vulnerable to snipers admittedly) and costs waaaaaaay less.

He's 12 wounds, which means even with only taking 4 wounds per phase he's just going to immediately take 4 wounds in the first turn shooting phase, and possibly an extra 4 in the first turn psychic, and be on his middle profile.

He's a monster, which i think means he can't ride in transports, and he doesn't get his own advance and charge rule, and he cannot be Da Jumped. So you're either deep-striking him to get him in melee range anytime soon, or he's durdling around on the back of the board doing gently caress-all.

The model is dope as hell and i want one, but it'll be a cool shelf-piece most likely. I'll take a Morkanaut if i want a 300+ point model on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Max 4 wounds in a phase is loving bonkers. Gotta throw lascannons and kitchen sinks at him in the shooting phase, wasting half and like more ("Ohh, rolled a 6 damage on that multi-melta? too bad he can only take 1 more wound this phase, gently caress you!"). Spamming 4 wounds in the psychic phase is something few armies can pull off and involve being WAY too close to what will be a massive ork frontline, one that can advance and charge.

He can kill two primarchs back to back, easy, if he can just hit one after the other.

Maybe they should rework that rule into other bigshots that get killed in 1 turn (like say, Magnus), but it feels like one of those rules that start cracking the base of the game. Like Eternal Warrior.