Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rick posted:

I'm using Romedogg (lol ugh I would have used a different name if I knew I was going to have to share it).

Hey Rick I'm uh...having trouble finding you. Whenever you get the chance message me a new code because the one you gave me gave me a rando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Flopsy posted:

Hey Rick I'm uh...having trouble finding you. Whenever you get the chance message me a new code because the one you gave me gave me a rando.

I guess the number was not random enough. Thank you again.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rick posted:

I guess the number was not random enough. Thank you again.

No problem man, sorry I took so long.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wish you could log into Home on a PC

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

indigi posted:

I wish you could log into Home on a PC

Same. Or at least for the iOS app to support iPad for box management.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Mimikyu is such a good mon

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I still can't even use Home from my Galaxy phone. This sucks.

I tried emailing the support about it a while back. And they eventually gave me a stock reply that ignored the fact that I already told them I tried the troubleshooting they sent me back. And Google just says some phones just don't work. Having it available on PC would solve everything. :saddowns:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Breeding is a tedious TEDIOUS endeavor folks. However you reap incredibly rich rewards from the work. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have the patience for combing through details but wonder trading breedjects nets you some top shelf shinies sometimes. I now have a matching shiny Solgaleo to go with the shiny Lunala Kurieg so generously gave me.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Well I'm halfway to my living dex. I've completed the dex for Sw/Sh and LGE/P, and with a few others I've got kicking around I'm at about 500/890. Now I'm into gens I've never played before, so this is about to get interesting. Wish me luck!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I'm done with everything but the battle tower and I don't care about breeding to try for perfect guys.

I've been doing raids so I can level to the 40 odd creatures I like but I want to make that more productive, so I got wishing pieces. Is the best use of that to search for gigantamax? Or should I be using them for something else?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I can't use roman numerals in pokémon nicknames? I wanted to call my shiny Sirfetch'd Louise XIV!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I can't use roman numerals in pokémon nicknames? I wanted to call my shiny Sirfetch'd Louise XIV!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

... ugh, but it's a female Sirfetch'd.

Sun Queen it is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

... ugh, but it's a female Sirfetch'd.

Sun Queen it is.

You could just do Louise IV or something.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

You could just do Louise IV or something.

I don't think the reference is as obvious, and writing 14 just looks weird. I'm happy with Sun Queen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have never nicknamed a Pokémon in over 20 years of poking mon.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's the only reason to play.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have made changes to my trick room sun team

Clefable out indeedee in. The terrain is so useful, so many fake outs, prankster Pokémon and priority moves. The thing is an absolute tank when it comes to special attackers

Grimmsnarl out Lapras in. Lapras is a great mix of attack and support potential and my team needed it, fits very well. Actually gives the team a 3rd mode - it can be TR, Sun, Lapras + weakness policy, or a mix

Jellicent out Dusclops in. Just trying out different trick roomers. Ally swap + snorlax is hilarious when it works, they try to hit your one weakness and end up trying to punch a ghost. Brick break triggers Lapras weakness policy

Anyway some small tweaks but I’m doing pretty well now in master ball with it!! Slowly climbing. I think this is a decent team now.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
gently caress me Sword/Shield is wordy as gently caress. I've seen stories 100 times more complicated be told with a fraction of the words and A presses.

Yammer yammer yammer yammer.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

:stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Half the fun is giving terrible nicknames, esp to things you trade.
WeedGokuSSJ is still allowed by the word filter and I am still 12.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mr Scumbag posted:

gently caress me Sword/Shield is wordy as gently caress. I've seen stories 100 times more complicated be told with a fraction of the words and A presses.

And yet, so little actually happens in the entire “plot”. It’s like the writers real goal was to see how much British slang they could cram into every minute.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Mr Scumbag posted:

gently caress me Sword/Shield is cute as gently caress. I've seen doggos 100 times more ugly be shown with a fraction of the electric attacks and corgi butt.

Yamper yamper yamper yamper

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Zedd posted:

Half the fun is giving terrible nicknames, esp to things you trade.
WeedGokuSSJ is still allowed by the word filter and I am still 12.

I'm still astonished that naming my Togekiss "Kiss My Butt" wasn't filtered. I haven't tried "Kiss My rear end" for fear of flying too close to the sun.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I'm still astonished that naming my Togekiss "Kiss My Butt" wasn't filtered. I haven't tried "Kiss My rear end" for fear of flying too close to the sun.

Big Mad Drongo's Butt used Follow Me!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

And yet it's somehow a tenth as wordy as Sun/Moon.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Detective No. 27 posted:

And yet it's somehow a tenth as wordy as Sun/Moon.

I bounced off those ones before the third gym for exactly that reason. It's just way too much.

I can't remember when they brought in objectives on your map, but before that you'd kind of be forced to read through all of that garbage so you wouldn't be stranded.

The map markers are the best QOL feature of Sword and Shield cause they let me mash wordy nonsense and gave me the ability to actually play the game while having a job and at least one other hobby.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Big Mad Drongo's Butt used Follow Me!

:yosbutt:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
A while ago somebody posted a manga one-shot that had a tournament story and great battle scenes but I can't find it on Google. Does anyone know the name?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mr Scumbag posted:

Truly the Golden Sun of the Pokémon series

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Truly the Golden Sun of the Pokémon series

Don't make me upset that we haven't got a new one of those.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I played the PMD demo and it’s definitely a huge improvement over the original in every way. I see there are moves from past Gen III (like Scald) but are there any post-Gen III Pokemon? Or is it faithful to the original in that way?

I still won’t pay full price for it so maybe if it goes on sale some day I’ll pick it up and start from where I left off in the demo.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shneak posted:

A while ago somebody posted a manga one-shot that had a tournament story and great battle scenes but I can't find it on Google. Does anyone know the name?

It's not a one-shot, but Festival of Champions is a drat fine Pokemon fan-manga that turns the Indigo League from RBY into a full-fledged tournament with all manner of easter eggs, character cameos, and fanon woven throughout it

https://twitter.com/seijyun09/status/1198223225865437186

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Oh cool, I somehow accidentally released my masuda method Ditto the other day. I legit have no idea how since I was planning on leaving that sucker banked at the Breeder's, but he's gone now. I'm going to see if my crazy pokemon breeder friend has a spare, and if not I'm going to just play one of these games in French I guess. Unless I get wonder traded another one randomly before I get to it (that's how I got the first one).

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Soysaucebeast posted:

Oh cool, I somehow accidentally released my masuda method Ditto the other day. I legit have no idea how since I was planning on leaving that sucker banked at the Breeder's, but he's gone now. I'm going to see if my crazy pokemon breeder friend has a spare, and if not I'm going to just play one of these games in French I guess. Unless I get wonder traded another one randomly before I get to it (that's how I got the first one).

Hop on the goon discord, and if nothing else we can fix you up with something.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Nth Doctor posted:

Hop on the goon discord, and if nothing else we can fix you up with something.

You know, I've been letting my anxiety get the better of me for things like that (one on one chats for some reason have been freaking me out lately) but I really need to push past that poo poo. It's hilarious that stupid pokemon trading is going to be the thing to get me out of my own head, but if it works it works. That's the Pokégoons Discord and not the Nintengoons one, right?

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

One thing I noticed with my new shiny Zekrom (courtesy of a kind goon in the Discord) is that they fixed the glowy parts of shiny Pokemon! I checked, and other things like Gigalith's blue gem bits don't light up in red (ie the regular version) anymore.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Vinylshadow posted:

It's not a one-shot, but Festival of Champions is a drat fine Pokemon fan-manga that turns the Indigo League from RBY into a full-fledged tournament with all manner of easter eggs, character cameos, and fanon woven throughout it

https://twitter.com/seijyun09/status/1198223225865437186

Psychotic Umbreon will haunt my nightmares.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I played the PMD demo and it’s definitely a huge improvement over the original in every way. I see there are moves from past Gen III (like Scald) but are there any post-Gen III Pokemon? Or is it faithful to the original in that way?

I still won’t pay full price for it so maybe if it goes on sale some day I’ll pick it up and start from where I left off in the demo.

Any Pokemon that's in the same line as a Gen I to III Pokemon is in (for example, Budew and Roserade are in since they're connected to Roselia). Pokemon with no connection to Gen I to III mons (except maybe Lucario) are not in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Soysaucebeast posted:

You know, I've been letting my anxiety get the better of me for things like that (one on one chats for some reason have been freaking me out lately) but I really need to push past that poo poo. It's hilarious that stupid pokemon trading is going to be the thing to get me out of my own head, but if it works it works. That's the Pokégoons Discord and not the Nintengoons one, right?

Pokégoons, yep :sun: