Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I'll take "image links I'm not opening for a thousand please Alex"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Memento posted:

Yeah, same

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There’s a reason I linked and didn’t inline, but they’re not that graphic.

It’s a deep cut, but that’s all it is.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Kith posted:

Yeast does not stop working because you throw it away.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Squalid posted:

no, i meant the spent 12 hours vomiting kind of food poisoning, although i've also had the diarrhea for a week kind of infection too (not in USA). Vomiting and other gastrointestinal problems can absolutely be a thing with the flu, at least or especially for children. see some research on the issue. This fits with my experience with the flu, where as a child i remember vomiting being the most memorable symptom, but not one I have since experienced as an adult despite still occasionally getting the flu. The tendency for children to come down with these symptoms is always why I assumed people sometimes specified something as a 'stomach flu,' and also to distinguish their disease from severe colds or flus with mild symptoms.

I mean you do you, but you're going on about the exception here. Gastrointestinal problems with Influenza is an uncommon symptom. More importantly you do not recover from the flu in a day or 2. Stomach Flu is a peculiarly American term, now maybe not in the whole of America so not where you are from which might be why you don't know what it is. But that's what it is. If you want to talk about rates, 1 in 6 people in the US get food poisoning in a year whilst it's 1 in 66 in the UK. That come with a huge caveat that the differences in methodology in collecting those figures make them difficult to compare fairly. The CDC in the US is pretty confident with the 1 in 6 figure the UK figure is a bit more shaky as they both come with the issue that no one reports most cases of food poisoning, why would you after all.

But the rates here don't really matter that much, it's more that you have folk cutting about thinking they had 24 hour flu when they actually poo poo themselves because of poor food hygiene.

It's like the French with Heavy Legs, it's a condition that only affects people in France for some reason.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Mar 13, 2020

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Memento posted:

Honestly the least graphic pictures I've seen linked.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Platystemon posted:

There’s a reason I linked and didn’t inline, but they’re not that graphic.

It’s a deep cut, but that’s all it is.

That's good to know, and thank you for not embedding them. I get more and more squeamish the older I get.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Almost had a sympathetic pants making GBS threads moment watching this, surprised that guy didn't need a thorough hose down afterwards.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

dont other cultures get around the no clean plates thing by having flat breads / their own version of a tortilla that they use to grab and eat food with?

in that case, the bready thing replaces utensils more than plates - you still need something to put the food on to keep it off the table/floor/whatever

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

luxury handset posted:

in that case, the bready thing replaces utensils more than plates - you still need something to put the food on to keep it off the table/floor/whatever

That's what newspaper or foil is for, ala street food vendors. Also, there's no reason to be hung up on "stomach flu" - I don't think anyone actually believes it's flu related, it's just a polite way to say what happened without immediately conjuring the image of a brown fire hose

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MF_James posted:

Almost had a sympathetic pants making GBS threads moment watching this, surprised that guy didn't need a thorough hose down afterwards.

Apparently at one point in the video somebody said "I pissed myself. I shat myself."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

, there's no reason to be hung up on "stomach flu" - I don't think anyone actually believes it's flu related, it's just

A ton of people do though and it's not great because actual influenza is a significantly more serious illness than getting the runs from bad street food

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

A ton of people do though and it's not great because actual influenza is a significantly more serious illness than getting the runs from bad street food

Yeah, the real flu has a scary high death rate.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Had the real flu in college and I was so weak I would run out of breath walking around the house, and had zero appetite for a week. And the muscle aches were like nothing I've had before/since. It's brutal. I've had flu like illnesses a bunch after, tested negative but had similar symptoms, and it was never that bad.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LifeSunDeath posted:

Had the real flu in college and I was so weak I would run out of breath walking around the house, and had zero appetite for a week. And the muscle aches were like nothing I've had before/since. It's brutal. I've had flu like illnesses a bunch after, tested negative but had similar symptoms, and it was never that bad.

Yeah, I've had real flu a couple times years ago, and because of that I get flu shots yearly now.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

One hell of a way to get a tan.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've never truly understood what a fever dream was until I had the real flu. Only once and that was back when I still lived in an apartment complex.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I got swine flu during the 2009 epidemic. Utterly crippling to the point where I could barely walk to get help. Fortunately the first day was the worst of the symptoms.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Worst flu I ever had was shortly after I finished chemotherapy for the cancer I had, and I was so loving weak I passed out trying to walk to my car (thank gently caress that happened before I got to the car and started driving though).

Also it was a good thing it was winter-time and overcast that day or I'd have had a horrible sunburn by the time my kid brother came by after school to check on me (he woke me up before driving me to the local clinic).

My immune system never really recovered (I get sick just from being around somebody that coughs when they're sick, so I'm no-poo poo dreading this pandemic), and I hope I get to start working from home soon (testing remote client access software Monday).

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I haven't had a for real flu ever to my memory, but I did have Mono though. Developed symptoms with 2 days of summer school to go and had to attend or I wouldn't graduate on time. I had virtually no memory of those days and spent the next week feeling so exhausted that breathing was even difficult.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
got the swine flu that one year and that poo poo was the most painful experience

my body ached like fire as i coughed constantly

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Pretty sure I had Sars at one point, though I can't remember anything about it, I was just out cold for a week.

A week of holidays in Italy well spent!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

StrangersInTheNight posted:

got the swine flu that one year and that poo poo was the most painful experience

my body ached like fire as i coughed constantly

I got it and didn’t have too bad a time as far as a flu goes, but I got pneumonia from it after I recovered and that put me down for two weeks.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I had the flu, which graduated into double pneumonia. I finally just started drinking screwdrivers cause I figured either I'd feel better or I'd die, and either was preferable. Goddamn that sucked.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AppropriateAbleGrizzlybear-mobile.mp4

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 13, 2020

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Say it with me now: "You. Can't. Use. IMG. Or. TIMG. Tags. On. MP4's."

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Gifs that end too soon.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Here's the link. Holy poo poo, watch this.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AppropriateAbleGrizzlybear-mobile.mp4

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kith posted:

Yeast does not stop working because you throw it away.

William birkin?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sharkytm posted:

Gifs that end too soon.

calm_russiandashcam.mp4

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

luxury handset posted:

Just use more bread.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/mOqKKOD.mp4

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Pretty interesting way of getting your impounded car back.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

So what'd you do last night?

I hijacked my own car off a tow truck at speed

Bullshit!

*plays video*

Well, us mere mortals walk amongst gods apparently

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I'm the guy filming while driving, despite having another dedicated guy to film it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm the guy who directed and edited and did the effects

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Pretty interesting way of getting totalling out your impounded car back.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

judging from the front suspension they had to do a few takes before this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

[Removed]
Ugh, sorry there was apparently a fatality in that though you can’t really tell.
More:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/victim-tadoussac-ferry-crash-identified-eric-belec-1.5188874

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 14, 2020