Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Face ripping bear market rally, check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Woodchip posted:

Face ripping bear market rally, check.

Ya not buying this. Gonna buy puts right at the open. OTM and cheap right now.

My put from yesterday is useless but I also had a straddle which should be decently up still.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Man I've gotten real luckygood at picking green days in this blood bath. Selling my SPY calls i grabbed yesterday lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That's... some rally here in the pre-market. Italy is up 15%, and we're at limit up? I didn't know there was limit up. Don't think we've actually seen it ever.

At the moment Western Europe suggests we'll open up 7-9% once trading starts.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

You guys enjoy...whatever the hell this is. The best part of long-term investment is not having to give a gently caress about what happens.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Really starting to regret not being able to day trade

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Agronox posted:

That's... some rally here in the pre-market. Italy is up 15%, and we're at limit up? I didn't know there was limit up. Don't think we've actually seen it ever.

At the moment Western Europe suggests we'll open up 7-9% once trading starts.

Ya never seen a limit up. I mean the pace of this sell off has been insane. Only a month ago SPY was at ath, lost almost 100 pts within a few weeks. Still think its a bear market rally though.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 13, 2020

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

You guys enjoy...whatever the hell this is. The best part of long-term investment is not having to give a gently caress about what happens.

And yet you can't look away, can you? :D

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I do both, I trade and invest. At times I've done better in one than the other so I still do both.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agronox posted:

And yet you can't look away, can you? :D

That’s because I don’t have skin in the game!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

That’s because I don’t have skin in the game!

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Been waiting weeks for Disney to close parks and now this

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The game isn’t fun, watching the players eat poo poo is fun!

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Holy poo poo lmao

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Holy poo poo did I miss the news that coke is a cure or is this just a face ripper with no real support

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
The best part about buying a stock that craters over 50% in a market panic is it has to double your money just to get back to where it started!

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

A large farva posted:

Holy poo poo did I miss the news that coke is a cure or is this just a face ripper with no real support

Global central banks are injecting money into their respective markets, bipartisan support of economic relief are moving the market

Now that the 11 year bull run is over, guess it's time to start another one

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

A large farva posted:

Mostly no reason, maybe people feel "this has to be the bottom" maybe people see companies actually taking it seriously and saying oh maybe it's not so bad people are taking care of it without the government telling them they need to stop moving.

There's still room to fall, this could be going back up sure, I'm willing to bet it's not the bottom because this hasn't gone away and things are going to get worse. Even if we stop spreading it right this second we don't have enough test kits, the infection rate on paper is going to skyrocket as we confirm cases. Death count will still rise and people will have nothing to do but watch the news.

This isn't the end to the panic.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

A large farva posted:

Inhaled liquid cocaine could be a treatment for Coronavirus because it dilates your lungs and would make it easier to breathe :eng101:

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
Welp, thought I was smart buying May DIS puts yesterday at the peak of the Fed pump. Was up 50% by the end of the day, then park closure news AH had me thinking sell at open today. Looking like I'll be down 50-60% at open. This market is nuts.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
The multi-trillion repo operations over the next few weeks are at worst making available all bank sheet available and at best are straight up money printing. In the worst case we rally till they stop then resume crashing, in the best case SPY 40,000 by December (this will also be the price of one hamburger).

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Disney basically announcing they are making no money for the next month(s). Up 10%

loving unreal

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I mean yeah when even BA is up you know this is some bs

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hit Man posted:

Disney basically announcing they are making no money for the next month(s). Up 10%

loving unreal

DIS puts will be on sale, worst case you wait until earnings and they are horrible and it dumps then. Assuming a rational market which this is not. But I think it's obvious enough to most investors and the general public how DIS makes money so it should be way more grounded in reality than TSLA.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

pixaal posted:

This isn't the end to the panic.

A full weekend worth of bad news should be enough to get us falling again.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
TSLA up big too. Their business model of “save all the deliveries until the end of the quarter and have one huge push” is gonna backfire terribly.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Does shorts covering positions (buying stocks to cover closed puts) really affect overnight trading values?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Can't buy Disney puts for some reason. It's all listed as $ .01, same with my existing put. Wtf.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Shorted a bit more ES here.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Bored As gently caress posted:

Can't buy Disney puts for some reason. It's all listed as $ .01, same with my existing put. Wtf.

It might be halted if it's going up too fast. Or is limit up only pre market? I guess it wouldn't halt actually, probably just a connection with your broker maybe? Mines a bit slow at the moment.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Agree with all that this is all nonsense and things still seem grim. Buying some SPY puts at 250

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Are you really buying DIA puts? They're loving expensive as poo poo.

USO is so low already, how much lower could it really go?

Disney parks all closed til end of month. Buying in for puts at market open.

long

Jack Daniels posted:

long some $DIA, $USO and $X

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Ohh man gonna buy some spy puts

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Not sure what everyone's sentiment in here is towards r/wsb, but I did find this one particular post actually interesting and very plausible. Not 1000% moronic like most everything else over there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/fgnqbh/was_the_circuit_breaker_on_monday_an_engineered/

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Ulio posted:

Ya not buying this. Gonna buy puts right at the open. OTM and cheap right now.

if you did this, nailed it!!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GramCracker posted:

Not sure what everyone's sentiment in here is towards r/wsb, but I did find this one particular post actually interesting and very plausible. Not 1000% moronic like most everything else over there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/fgnqbh/was_the_circuit_breaker_on_monday_an_engineered/

Whenever you read about what the market makers are doing to rig things, you can pretty much discount the entire piece as bullshit. It was dumb 20 years ago when the Yahoo Finance forums were saying it and it's dumb now.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

How far out? Premiums are ridiculous for DIA.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

How far out? Premiums are ridiculous for DIA.

lol

Options Trading: what’s a stock

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
Perhaps that when DIS dropped 40% due to a pandemic, people were assuming that their theme parks would need to be closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
^^ Yeah, I dont think it's priced in.

Just bought more Disney puts from yesterday's profits. Hopefully they pan out and print money. Bought several 4/17 (at 75, 90, and 85), one 3/20 at 81.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 13, 2020