Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's
I own a small retail record store with no more than four or five customers in at a time. I’m super uncertain about what I should do. Staying open for now and lysoling everything. Should I consider closing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pigs have long been established as potential disease vectors.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Omnitrix posted:

I own a small retail record store with no more than four or five customers in at a time. I’m super uncertain about what I should do. Staying open for now and lysoling everything. Should I consider closing?

Make them stay far away from the counter and handle all transactions via pulley?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Pigs have long been established as potential disease vectors.

:discourse:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Coffee Jones posted:

Hello from Seattle

Driving myself crazy looking at medical sites about treatments.
Looking at ordering Chloroquine tablets but they all need an Rx.

gently caress off, don't try to panic buy random medicines that you don't need (and may or may not even be any good for the disease)

If you have a severe case you will get medicines, if you take them away from other people they won't have them

owlhawk911 posted:

so is there anything wrong with using denatured alcohol (like camp stove fuel) as a disinfectant? it's the same stuff, right?

for surfaces? it'd be ok, add 20% water and use gloves
do not use that as some type of ghetto hand sanitizer, it can have irritating or toxic chemicals in it.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Just got back from grocery shopping. Eversince yesterday "hamsteren" has been trending on the Twitter, which is Dutch for hoarding, so I was expecting some bonkers poo poo. Extremely busy and hard to navigate with all the carts and they kept wheeling in big pallets of TP, but I got everything on the list for this weekend. We usually do our weekly trip on Saturday but Mr Ralph is in no mood for this poo poo at all so I had to get everything today. Signs up saying limited purchases for things like baby formula and paracetamol, and pasta and canned tomatoes were decimated. Still I got everything on my list.

It's only midday on Friday though, I suspect that shopping this evening and tomorrow will be intense as people get off work. We live in a quiet suburb of Utrecht with mostly elderly and families so it isn't getting buckwild yet like Amsterdam and Rotterdam have as our population density isn't as high.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Omnitrix posted:

Yes, you should close. Everything nonessential should have closed two or three weeks ago.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

you could also use hydrogen peroxide to spray down surfaces. just be sure to A: Leave it there for at least a minute, and B: clean it up afterwards really well, preferably with soap and water.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Cubone posted:

you millenials and your goddamned rear end eating
you've doomed us all you little shits!!!

Mods should legit go back into the rear end eating gbs threads and permaban everyone advocating for it.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
My Boomer boss and the Boomer office manager came into my office to make fun of all the triggered libs and how they're all scared of the common cold now.

I guess I'm working as usual until the National Guard starts setting up road blocks.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Rad-daddio posted:

My Boomer boss and the Boomer office manager came into my office to make fun of all the triggered libs and how they're all scared of the common cold now.

I guess I'm working as usual until the National Guard starts setting up road blocks.

Congratulations on your promotion.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

What the gently caress is up with the Johns Hopkins map? The case number dropped from 160k+ to 91k and the “cruise ship” category vanished :krakken:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are americans just incredibly, uniquely stupid or something?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Zzulu posted:

Are americans just incredibly, uniquely stupid or something?

Yes?

Was this ever in doubt?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

See guys? We did it. Good job everyone :chaostrump:

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Just got back from grocery shopping. Eversince yesterday "hamsteren" has been trending on the Twitter, which is Dutch for hoarding, so I was expecting some bonkers poo poo. Extremely busy and hard to navigate with all the carts and they kept wheeling in big pallets of TP, but I got everything on the list for this weekend. We usually do our weekly trip on Saturday but Mr Ralph is in no mood for this poo poo at all so I had to get everything today. Signs up saying limited purchases for things like baby formula and paracetamol, and pasta and canned tomatoes were decimated. Still I got everything on my list.

It's only midday on Friday though, I suspect that shopping this evening and tomorrow will be intense as people get off work. We live in a quiet suburb of Utrecht with mostly elderly and families so it isn't getting buckwild yet like Amsterdam and Rotterdam have as our population density isn't as high.

I grabbed something to eat at lidl on my way to university. Classes are canceled but I'm working on my thesis. Felt pretty stupid standing in a busy line of stuffed carts clogging up all registers with nothing but a apple, banana, worstenbroodje and my motorcycle helmet in my hands.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Lol work sent out an email about how they tried to buy hand sanitizer stations but they are on back order. In the same email they reminded everyone that work from home is not allowed for more than 3 days

This is a fortune 500 company that will soon have openings (deaths)

“Stay home if you are sick!” Oh but what about the know fact that it can be spread without someone looking/feeing sick? *silence*

I don’t really give a gently caress other than the overall stupidity of the thing because I’m not at high risk, but literally all the top people making decisions are putting themselves at risk lol

Howdges
Dec 29, 2012

I deliver for Amazon in denver. It's only a matter of time before I get it yeah? Yesterday we got fruit snacks. Like children. No mention of a virus. Just some fruit snacks. Apparently there's a 25 million dollar plan to pay for our health costs should we get it.. but I only found that out from reading the news

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Howdges posted:

I deliver for Amazon in denver. It's only a matter of time before I get it yeah? Yesterday we got fruit snacks. Like children. No mention of a virus. Just some fruit snacks. Apparently there's a 25 million dollar plan to pay for our health costs should we get it.. but I only found that out from reading the news

Everyone's gonna get it. Office people are staying home because their whole job is a) pointless and b) literally just sitting in a crowded room. Someone's gotta deliver poo poo, no one's gotta analyze those social media marketing metrics at a 1 foot wide desk

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Captain Beans posted:

Lol work sent out an email about how they tried to buy hand sanitizer stations but they are on back order. In the same email they reminded everyone that work from home is not allowed for more than 3 days

This is a fortune 500 company that will soon have openings (deaths)

“Stay home if you are sick!” Oh but what about the know fact that it can be spread without someone looking/feeing sick? *silence*

I don’t really give a gently caress other than the overall stupidity of the thing because I’m not at high risk, but literally all the top people making decisions are putting themselves at risk lol

I'm not at high risk either, but I missed flu season, so gently caress getting bed ridden for 7-14 days even if it won't kill me.

I'm being proactive at work and being made to feel like I'm a crackpot conspiracy theorist. I hope it ravages my office and these assholes might start to wake the gently caress up.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Omnitrix posted:

At least make customers disinfect their hands before entering. Apparently the virus lasts pretty long on plastic and I’m guessing vinyl too.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Had to pop down to the store again to get some stuff for the weekend just now. They were pretty much well stocked and only the racks with cleaning supplies were empty except for some toilet brushes.
What I did notice was that everyone was being super polite suddenly. Even the Christian old bat at the register who normally gives me the stink eye when i buy beer or cigarettes said hello for the first time.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I decided to WFH from Monday. I work remote in a small office anyway I just like a regular workday and not working out of my flat.
But traveling on the subway and in a bus twice a day if I don't have to? Nope not doing that anymore for the next few weeks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Omnitrix posted:

Just take a few small precautions and you'll be fine

https://i.imgur.com/z9TcBEk.mp4

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Howdges posted:

amazon delivery doesn't seem like a job that has to interact with people closely? you put the package on the doorstep, ring the bell, and go back to the truck before they even open the door.

if you share delivery trucks with other people, maybe wipe down the steering wheel when you start the day.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It's unbelievably funny how people are panic buying years worth of toilet paper of all things. What are they gonna use it for? How much are they planning to poo poo in the coming weeks?

Social media is bad.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just take a few small precautions and you'll be fine

https://i.imgur.com/z9TcBEk.mp4

all that protection and they're still taking dirty cash

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Lodin posted:

Had to pop down to the store again to get some stuff for the weekend just now. They were pretty much well stocked and only the racks with cleaning supplies were empty except for some toilet brushes.
What I did notice was that everyone was being super polite suddenly. Even the Christian old bat at the register who normally gives me the stink eye when i buy beer or cigarettes said hello for the first time.

She's hedging her bets in case you come back to loot her shop in three weeks.

Eat her bloated carcass and fashion her tanned flesh into a snazzy hat.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Contactless payment thru window glass slide records under door

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mooey Cow posted:

It's unbelievably funny how people are panic buying years worth of toilet paper of all things. What are they gonna use it for? How much are they planning to poo poo in the coming weeks?

Social media is bad.

What brand of toilet paper do you buy that goes bad?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Mooey Cow posted:

Social media is bad.
Lol if you're planning to go through months of quarantine without copious masturbation

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Saw a boomer walk out of the men's room without putting soap on his hands today. He rinsed his hands but didn't put any soap on them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mooey Cow posted:

Social media is bad.

The supermarkets here is Australia put up signs saying "We've changed our refund policy, you can't get your money back on all that stuff you hoarded just because you changed your mind, maybe donate it to a crisis shelter or something?"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Diephoon posted:

Saw a boomer walk out of the men's room without putting soap on his hands today. He rinsed his hands but didn't put any soap on them.

good

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Mooey Cow posted:

Social media is bad.

No one is panic buying TP because they need to poo poo a lot.

Everyone is buying TP because other people are buying it and hearing that TP is scarce.

It just takes a little momentum to get started before it takes over. Remember when everyone was going ape poo poo buying gas last year for a week because a hurricane hit the refinery? There was enough gas if everyone use it normally, but everyone started hoarding once they heard everyone ELSE was already hoarding, then boom empty gas stations. People as stupid as gently caress, but at the same time if you personally try to wait and calmly ride it out like a rational person then poo poo is already gone due to the early panic buyers. lol at the idea of rational actors guiding the market

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I. M. Gei posted:

I tried to buy a respirator mask for a home improvement project I’m working on, but apparently every single hardware store is out of them. Just completely out. Of every kind of respirator.

:psyduck:

Thank god I saved the last one I bought, although I don’t know for sure if it’s technically made for what I’m doing (drilling into masonry and gardening).

Can hardware store safety masks even protect people from viruses?

If you're talking about the rubber sealed ones, yeah.

Fortunately I did the blown insulation thing on my house a couple of years ago and bought several of those with extra filters.

Although I don't think I'd want to walk around in public with it on. Gotta look cool you know?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Lol if you're planning to go through months of quarantine without copious masturbation

The responsible thing is to eat the cum and regain the nutrients, the way rabbits eat they own poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Beans posted:

but literally all the top people making decisions are putting themselves at risk lol

good

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

What's the best way to increase one's credibility? Easy. Broadly announce to the world how great a job you're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013

Omnitrix posted:

Disinfectant by the door and if people aren't wearing masks where you are leave some tissues or something for people who need to cough or whatever. If it gets bad in your area
you'll probably need to close down for a week or so