Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’m not spiritual, and wishing harm on people is pretty much a universal bad thing, but some of this does feel like a divine correction or karmic retribution lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hm, could be good for Bernie, especially if the other primaries postpone as well.

Could be bad if this somehow leads to the primaries being cancelled altogether.

Interesting times we live in!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

primaries pause until after trump's dumb rear end dies, voters come out in en masse for bernie since no one talks about how pence is just as scary

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
With a recession hitting I think we can safely remove the one thing Trump could cling to for a chance at re-election. Biden will probably win in November. It's a shame because with Bernie instead we would have a campaign not run by consultant grifters who are more motivated on capitalizing on Trump's weaknesses.

I think there is a decent chance, nothing remotely close to impossible, at least a 50/50 shot at both Biden winning the general and Dem's retaking the senate by some slim majority.

Hopefully progressives can capitalize on this during the next four years to solidify their base of support and eek out additional wins and prepare to expand their caucus and influence in 2022 and 2024.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HD DAD posted:

I’m not spiritual, and wishing harm on people is pretty much a universal bad thing, but some of this does feel like a divine correction or karmic retribution lol

It helps that Boomers voted for decades to slash budgets for the CDC and the rest of our public health infrastructure.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Yeah, the voting block that has denied us healthcare and sick leave is absolutely reaping what they've sown with this.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hm, could be good for Bernie, especially if the other primaries postpone as well.

Could be bad if this somehow leads to the primaries being cancelled altogether.

Interesting times we live in!

There's going to be imminent and justified pressure on Bernie to drop out. There's no reason for future elections that Bernie knows that he is going to lose, and will put communities at further risk of spreading COVID-19.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

LinYutang posted:

There's going to be imminent and justified pressure on Bernie to drop out. There's no reason for future elections that Bernie knows that he is going to lose, and will put communities at further risk of spreading COVID-19.

You are loving disgusting.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

LinYutang posted:

Running up the delegate score gives him a larger say in the convention, gets more people engaged in the process, and turns more people into likely voters, what is wrong with you.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Who could've guessed the fascist would think elections are just a formality.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Actually maybe the person advocating a decent health system should stay in, and Biden and Trump should step aside and just let him be president now.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LinYutang posted:

Hahaha nope, he's going to take it to the convention, as he has every right to, as he is perfectly justified to, and I hope you choke on your rage the whole way through.

e: even Pelosi doesn't think Bernie should drop out. Chew on that.
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1238228021800079360

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Cancel non-essential things.

Elections are not non-essential. We should still hold our elections, just make a strong effort to keep everyone safe. Post-poning is ok too. Plenty of states have primaries much later, so we can roll the dice on the outbreak being contained by then. But don’t cancel it.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

LinYutang posted:

just naked worship of power

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

With a recession hitting I think we can safely remove the one thing Trump could cling to for a chance at re-election. Biden will probably win in November. It's a shame because with Bernie instead we would have a campaign not run by consultant grifters who are more motivated on capitalizing on Trump's weaknesses.

I think there is a decent chance, nothing remotely close to impossible, at least a 50/50 shot at both Biden winning the general and Dem's retaking the senate by some slim majority.

Hopefully progressives can capitalize on this during the next four years to solidify their base of support and eek out additional wins and prepare to expand their caucus and influence in 2022 and 2024.

I had a dream that Biden had a massive brain meltdown during a townhall debate. So bad that it caused him to concede to Bernie and somehow I was there and given some USB drives with top secret news items and also a gift basket of chocolate

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Hahaha nope, he's going to take it to the convention, as he has every right to, as he is perfectly justified to, and I hope you choke on your rage the whole way through.

e: even Pelosi doesn't think Bernie should drop out. Chew on that.
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1238228021800079360

It’s easier to be magnanimous if you no longer see someone as a threat.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Baphomet please spread your warm, plague-striken, benolvent wings around that wretched continent and welcome a trillion boomers into your permanent embrace

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Subvisual Haze posted:

It’s easier to be magnanimous if you no longer see someone as a threat.

Obama was behind by way more delegates than Bernie was at this point in 2008. If they don't see him as a threat anymore that's fine by me, I hope it makes them complacent.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Peter Dutton (Australian Minister of Home Affairs) apparently met in Lindsay Graham's office, and now he has the virus.

Do we dare dream the impossible dream?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Obama was behind by way more delegates than Bernie was at this point in 2008. If they don't see him as a threat anymore that's fine by me, I hope it makes them complacent.

Was he really or was this just because of super delegates?

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...

Calico Heart posted:

Baphomet please spread your warm, plague-striken, benolvent wings around that wretched continent and welcome a trillion boomers into your permanent embrace

In these trying times I would just like to say I knew it was right to back Nurgle from the very beginning. Never doubted you for a moment, big guy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

If I recall correctly he was behind by about 300 pledged delegates at this point.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sometime I wonder if things like what happened with Andrew Gillum pissed off the wrong people who drugged him up then called the cops. Probably not but it’s like...he didn’t give me the impression of something like that

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Super Tuesday swung pretty hard for Clinton that year. Obama was a lot more competitive in subsequent states than Bernie is at the moment, though.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Cancelling the primaries and just giving Biden the nom seems like a really great way to get the Republicans back in the race.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Random Integer posted:

Cancelling the primaries and just giving Biden the nom seems like a really great way to get the Republicans back in the race.

Yeah, they're not gonna do that. They're stupid, but even they have limits.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nonsense posted:

The mayor of Miami got it so Donny is hosed. Also Ted Cruz definitely has it.

gently caress the right but I really do appreciate the fact that Cruz obviously knows he has it, is shedding it, and went hardcore recluse really fast to try to prevent it. I don't like the guy. I still appreciate the attempt.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mat Cauthon posted:

Seems like Gillium might have been a wrong place, wrong time thing:

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/1238490611352772613?s=19

Definitely a bad look no matter how you slice it.

He disrespected berno so f uh ck him

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

If I recall correctly he was behind by about 300 pledged delegates at this point.

Obama took the lead on super tuesday, and held it to the end:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Tuesday,_2008

Number of contests won Number of delegates won[30]
Barack Obama 13 847
Hillary Clinton 10 834

Also, on this last super Tuesday, someone edited wikipedia to make it look like Hillary was ahead on Super Tuesday. It was changed back pretty quickly. Maybe they forgot California wasn't part of Super Tuesday in 2008.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 13, 2020

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

gently caress the right but I really do appreciate the fact that Cruz obviously knows he has it, is shedding it, and went hardcore recluse really fast to try to prevent it. I don't like the guy. I still appreciate the attempt.

He has the worst policies and he's obviously a mouse eating reptile in a human skin suit, but he's somehow still more human than most of the GOP.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So when do the democratic debates get cancelled to stop coronavirus (and also conveniently keep Biden from getting clowned in public)?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Apogee15 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Tuesday,_2008

Number of contests won Number of delegates won[30]
Barack Obama 13 847
Hillary Clinton 10 834

Also, on this last super Tuesday, someone edited wikipedia to make it look like Hillary was ahead on Super Tuesday. It was changed back pretty quickly. Maybe they forgot California wasn't part of Super Tuesday in 2008.

California was part of Super Tuesday in '08. You are right that Obama got more delegates, though; I misremembered.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Apogee15 posted:

I guess I didn't recall correctly!

In any case, Bernie can and should stay in until the end. No loving way are we going to let the party coronate a 3/4-dead senile guy who can barely finish a sentence.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

So when do the democratic debates get cancelled to stop coronavirus (and also conveniently keep Biden from getting clowned in public)?

They already cancelled there being an audience and removed one of the moderators, on top of moving where the debate is taking place, so I think them going all the way to cancelling it entirely would make it obvious that COVID-19 is no longer the concern.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Arcsquad12 posted:

Good thing is they cannot do that (at least not this Sunday's debate), without postponing Tuesday's primary.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Majorian posted:

California was part of Super Tuesday in '08. You are right that Obama got more delegates, though; I misremembered.

huh, you're right. Not sure why I thought it wasn't.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Apogee15 posted:

huh, you're right. Not sure why I thought it wasn't.

I only remember because I did a little volunteering here and was disappointed Obama didn't take it.

I guess I didn't recall correctly!

Yeah, I distinctly remember the media narrative being, "oh well, Super Tuesday was disappointing for Obama! Looks like Clinton's going to take this," but then again, of course that was the narrative.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

kidkissinger posted:

Yeah, the voting block that has denied us healthcare and sick leave is absolutely reaping what they've sown with this.

But are they really? The issue is old people have free healthcare provided from taxes from younger people that have no healthcare. It still doesn't change the fact that boomers can get free medical care and are voting en mass to deny it to others. Them getting coronavirus still means they'll get free treatment while people without insurance will come out with $100K+ ICU bills if they get complications. Don't think boomers will suddenly decide to give healthcare to others because they literally don't give a poo poo about anyone else, as long as they're taken care of.

Healthcare should have never been linked to age ranges this way in the first place. One group that has it being able to vote to deny it to the people that actually pay for it is stupid by design. But here we are.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 13, 2020

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
weird question but can someone post the tulsi jeb meme from way earlier in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Rad Russian posted:

But are they really? The issue is old people have free healthcare provided from taxes from younger people that have no healthcare. It still doesn't change the fact that boomers can get free medical care and are voting en mass to deny it to others. Them getting coronavirus still means they'll get free treatment while people without insurance will come out with $100K+ ICU bills if they get complications.

Healthcare should have never been linked to age ranges this way in the first place. One group that has it being able to vote to deny it to the people that actually pay for it is stupid by design. But here we are.

The way things are going it's not going to matter that they have insurance since we are going to run out of beds at hospitals. You're right though that poor people are still going to get hosed way worse.