Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

quote:

Pushed us into the Iraq War.
Created barriers to bankruptcies for poor people.
Made student loans immune from bankruptcies.
Tried to kill social security. (Four times.)
Pushed the Crime Bill, explicitly moved to expand the prison population. (Including stopping parole, and trying to ban bail.)
Is pushing for oil industry fracking (still, in 2020).
Completely anti-womens choice (Anti Roe-Wade, Pro-Hyde, publically claims women do not have rights to their own bodies).
Pushed various "No Child Left Behind" stuff while making fun of poor children.
Drafted the original PATRIOT Act.
Anti-privacy, pro-surveillance state.
Also anti-encyption (presumably because his friends in the banks dont want to be held accountable, and his friends in the police state hate it).
Pro War on Drugs. (Actually was the one pushing Reagan to the right on this. Pushed the RAVE Act.)
Pro Death Penalty. (Actively worked to expand the death penalty.)
Still, in 2020, claims cannabis is a "gateway drug" and wants to go back to the no-brakes War on Poors Drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tom Guycot posted:

Insanely full of himself, obnoxious and sociopathic in his autobiographical stuff.

Stuff like, the Roger Ebert comic, or his weird bully revenge thing, etc etc.

Also obsessed with being genx and how put upon they were compared to any other Gen

the ebert comic was completely correct just for very wrong and stupid reasons

which is kind of ralls gimmick really

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Old Joe can eat my whole rear end.

Get out the fuckin way old man.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

electoralism is dead gently caress joe biden

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/wY7GR0N.mp4

Slugnoid has issued a correction as of 12:49 on Mar 13, 2020

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Some Guy TT posted:

the ebert comic was completely correct just for very wrong and stupid reasons

which is kind of ralls gimmick really

If it wasn't focused on his love of breasts it was in no way correct. That'd be like trying to describe the sun by describing the ways in which it's similar to a candle.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

PhilippAchtel posted:

Is there anything on twitter? We should get something trending.

No one responded to this so I'm going to work on a short tweet thread. I'll post my draft here before I post it there.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

not doin it

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
Will not be voting for either of the dementia-addled racist perverts running for president under any circumstances

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/KenzoShibata/status/1238297950083788801
mods please give Chris Hansen a no joe gang tag.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Here's what I got. Please add your comments

The #NoJoePledge <or #NoJoe or #NoBiden Pledge>

We pledge to neither vote for, convince others to vote for, nor support the campaign of @JoeBiden in the event he becomes the Democratic Party nominee

#NoJoe
#DemExit

---

Some of us are independants, some are lifelong Democrats, some are #ObamaToTrump voters lost in 2016. Some are @BernieSanders supporters, others @ewarren supporters and others undecided.

All of us would have otherwise supported the Democrats in the general election.

---

Our objections come down to three major points:

1) @JoeBiden’s history of support for right-wing policy

2) Legitimate concerns about Biden’s health and ability to defeat Trump and carry out the office of President

3) The DNC and media’s collective effort to smother a grassroots progressive movement

---

As documented here <insert link to article or tweet>, @JoeBiden has a long history of supporting right-wing policy. He was chosen as a conservative balance to the progressive campaign of candidate Obama. We do not believe he represents the interests or preferences of the Party and certainly not of the grassroots progressive movement.

As @ewarren said, “He does not meet this moment”.

---

There are many voters who support Sanders plans such as the #GreenNewDeal and #M4A and believe Biden is a more electable shepherd of these policies.

Make no mistake, Biden's positions do not match the desires of the public, and as that becomes clear his veneer of electability will vanish.

In any case, he will not shepherd these policies because he does not believe in them.

---

Nominating @JoeBiden will give @realDonaldTrump the chance to run to his left on #NAFTA, #IraqWar and other issues, and given his reluctance to support #MedicareForAll, Trump will even be able to run to his left on #healthcare

#BidenDoesNotSuppportMedicareForAll

---

We are not swayed by arguments regarding Supreme Court nominations. As he has publicly stated and as exemplified by his conduct during the Clarence Thomas confirmation, there is every reason to believe Biden will cooperate with Republicans to confirm a moderate or worse.

---

The only way to ensure a progressive replacement on the Supreme Court and maintain or improve its political balance is to nominate and elect Bernie Sanders.

---

As documented meticulously by @glenn_greenwald, there are many serious reasons to doubt Biden is capable of pursuing a strong challenge to Trump or of meeting the rigors required of a four year presidential term.

---

These same concerns were raised by numerous members of the media and Dem establishment before it was clear Biden would be one of the final two candidates for the nomination.

----

Questions about Biden's mental fitness will be an enormous obstacle. The Republicans and right wing news organizations have already begun to attack Biden on this, and this weakness will be exploited in any future debates between Biden and Trump.

---

Finally, we have extreme reservations about the conduct of the Party and media during this election. Following the 2016 election, the Party made clear in court it believes it is has no obligation to hold fair and free elections.

---

At every point, the Party leaders have hinted they would use every avenue to block a Sanders nomination. First they hinted they would force a brokered convention. Then, in the wake of the SC primary, organized a endorsement offensive to force Sanders from the race.

---

We believe, contrary to the promises of DNC Chair Perez, the Party has put its thumb on the scale and lead it's own supporters astray in the rabid desire to block a Sanders nomination at all costs.

We cannot support a party that uses these tactics to demoralize its own base.

---

We've seen this before. In 1968, 1988, 2004, and in 2016, the progressive base was cowed into supporting a moderate, "electable" candidate only to watch them go on to defeat.

With so much at stake in 2020, we will not make the same mistake.

---

Finally, let us note that Biden is campaigning for a "return to normal". Yet the "normal" he desires are the exact conditions that led to the election of Trump.

Only Sanders has a plan to address the root cause of Trump's rise. If you want to truly #beatTrump, Sanders is your candidate.

---

We do not seek or expect the Sanders campaign to endorse this pledge. We are not representatives of the campaign, but rather a bloc of voters collectively exercising our voice and political power to support the positive change this nation needs.

---

There are some who will dismiss this pledge as astroturfed or a result of twitter bots. We cannot verify every account that signs this pledge, but this movement represents the opinions of real people.

To deny this reality is to court disaster in November.

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Mar 13, 2020

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gonna destroy my moderatin bones and ligaments by mashing the gang-tag controls too many times

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Squizzle posted:

gonna destroy my moderatin bones and ligaments by mashing the gang-tag controls too many times

Can't you set up one of those drinky birds to help with that like Homer?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Squizzle posted:

learn to code

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Update: It’s the end of the world and I’m still not voting for Biden. :toot:

ps thank you for my second gang tag

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

PhilippAchtel posted:

We pledge to neither vote for, convince others to vote for, or support the campaign of @JoeBiden in the event he becomes the Democratic Party nominee

should be "nor support"

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
It’s going to be pretty loving funny watching Cenk Uygur, Michael Moore, Sam Seder, etc. explain why it’s a moral imperative to vote for the guy who started the immigrant prison camps, authored the war on drugs, the 1994 white supremacist crime bill, hosed over labor on behalf of the banks/credit card companies, Strom Thurmond’s friend, says he has no sympathy for millennials, etc. Not to mention this is the second time they literally stole the nomination from Bernie

Trump has really broken people’s brains

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

A4R8 posted:

It’s going to be pretty loving funny watching Cenk Uygur, Michael Moore, Sam Seder, etc. explain why it’s a moral imperative to vote for the guy who started the immigrant prison camps, authored the war on drugs, the 1994 white supremacist crime bill, hosed over labor on behalf of the banks/credit card companies, Strom Thurmond’s friend, says he has no sympathy for millennials, etc. Not to mention this is the second time they literally stole the nomination from Bernie

Trump has really broken people’s brains

Michael Moore definitely will but I'm hoping the Turks or Majority report have the strength not to

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

quote:

Drafted the original PATRIOT Act.

For this alone, he ought to be in prison forever.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Squizzle posted:

F

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Oh yeah, and thanks for the cool gang tag btw.

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

not now not ever

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

gently caress this dude

y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Jewel Repetition posted:

Michael Moore definitely will but I'm hoping the Turks or Majority report have the strength not to

Cenk already said he will. They falsely smeared Cenk as a sexist and he’s still falling in line with them lmao

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
“never vote for liches or the undead” is a personal motto of mine; therefore I announce that I will not be voting for Joseph Biden in these 2020 elections

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I will not vote for Joe Biden today.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

lol if you haven't set up a macro to do it in autohotkey or w/e

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Squizzle posted:

Thank you for your service :patriot:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

not voting for joe or ever recommending people do :toxx:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/PhilippAchtel/status/1238587824066179073

Here you go. Retweet, comment, do as you like.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
convinced my mom and her fiance not to vote for biden. it really didnt take much

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Cenk opposes the young turks team unionization

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Haven't posted from my desktop in a while, saw the tag, thanks :respek:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1238571530843557889

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

"at least some" is a helluva understatement

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not voting for Biden will be the greatest day of my life. My student loans say hello.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

chairface posted:

"at least some" is a helluva understatement

I was just gonna say this lmao

Youth turnout is going to bottom out in november, why the gently caress should they show up (except to write in Bernard)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Rand alPaul posted:

Not voting for Biden will be the greatest day of my life. My student loans say hello.

It'll be the first time in my life I was able to vote for president and didn't choose a Democrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

It'll be the first time in my life I was able to vote for president and didn't choose a Democrat

Same. Doubt it will be the last time, sadly.