Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Democratic Party can wave a wand a declare a nominee.

There’s no rule outside the party’s own bylaws that they need to hold a primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

boner penis posted:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well what bullets do you put in your clips?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

If it's real, I respect the hell out of that stance.

Trump's gonna speak at 3, hold onto your butts.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Trump's gonna speak at 3, hold onto your butts.

It's likely this:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1238503274472448000?s=19

Then he will come out against the Pelosi-Mnuchin bill and completely tank the markets.

Also for what it's worth, postponing Louisiana makes a lot of sense right now. They apparently have minimal to no early or absentee voting, so it's really not reasonable to hold that primary right now. I don't think you can extrapolate to the general election either, as I believe elections are 100% state run and the November election date is completely, entirely set in stone. I don't think he can cancel an election even if he wanted to and said he was.

Edit: I was close https://twitter.com/JoshuaADouglas/status/1238487566208417793?s=19

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SimonCat posted:

All Soviet weapons can use NATO ammo.

Didn't you know that's why the AK is chambered in 7.62?

Russia designed all their guns so it works with their ammo and NATO ammo, but NATO-chambered guns blow up if they use Russian ammo, I thought everyone knew this

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So now it's not a deep state radical leftist do-nothing Democrat hoax, or is it still that and a national emergency at the same time? Looking forward to Dear Leader having praise heaped on him for both responding and not responding to Schrodinger's national emergency.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

The ER doc said symptoms to look for are a dry non-productive cough, difficulty breathing, fever, and body ache/fatigue. If you have all of those, reach out to your healthcare professional and follow their directions.

Oh good, thank you. I'm 99% sure it's just a cold then.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is long, but please read this and distribute. UCSF does some really great clinical work and I consider this trustworthy. General consensus breakdown of the next 18 months, plus immediate actions recommended.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/notes-from-ucsf-expert-panel-march-10-dr-jordan-shlain-m-d-/

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Trip report from Central Indiana: I was going to make my biweekly run to Costco to pick up Kirkland scotch and vodka, tuna, and some other normal supplies. Pulled into the parking lot and it was packed to the gills even around the back of the building that usually is a quick way out. Decided gently caress that and just went to our local grocery store. Grabbed routine stuff and a few extra tomato cans, stock, and eggs but people were loading up like a blizzard was in-coming. Took ~45mins to an hour just to check out.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Slim Pickens posted:

Russia designed all their guns so it works with their ammo and NATO ammo, but NATO-chambered guns blow up if they use Russian ammo, I thought everyone knew this

I wonder if this came from a the Inch vs Metric FALs. An Inch pattern can use mags made for both, but Metric FALs can only use Metric magazines.
Seems like something that can morph into the NATO vs Cold War ammo myth.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

EBB posted:

This is long, but please read this and distribute. UCSF does some really great clinical work and I consider this trustworthy. General consensus breakdown of the next 18 months, plus immediate actions recommended.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/notes-from-ucsf-expert-panel-march-10-dr-jordan-shlain-m-d-/

quote:

At this point, we are past containment. Containment is basically futile. Our containment efforts won’t reduce the number who get infected in the US.

That’s...sobering.

:stonklol:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

EBB posted:

Yeah a bunch of my epidemiology / ID colleagues have been sending that around recently, I think it's pretty solid. My training is more in bacterial genetics / immunology rather than virology, but I've got a large amount of overlap etc. Seems very realistic.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SimonCat posted:

I wonder if this came from a the Inch vs Metric FALs. An Inch pattern can use mags made for both, but Metric FALs can only use Metric magazines.

I think I've heard the compatibility thing about mortars, but never rifles. Could've just been more basic training bullshit stories, too.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

My parents are in their mid 70s and both work part time for extra money and something to do. I just told my mom they should not go to work.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Another silver lining: a general decline on things being described as "going viral."

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1238477155119632384?s=20

I don't expect any better from this administration but you'd think they'd actually pretend, even for a minute

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

Also for what it's worth, postponing Louisiana makes a lot of sense right now. They apparently have minimal to no early or absentee voting, so it's really not reasonable to hold that primary right now. I don't think you can extrapolate to the general election either, as I believe elections are 100% state run and the November election date is completely, entirely set in stone. I don't think he can cancel an election even if he wanted to and said he was.

I agree with this. It would be nice if this pushes more states to vote by mail.

Given the current administration the 1st instinct is ominous and negative, but in the current circumstances it's actually a better call.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That Works posted:

Yeah a bunch of my epidemiology / ID colleagues have been sending that around recently, I think it's pretty solid. My training is more in bacterial genetics / immunology rather than virology, but I've got a large amount of overlap etc. Seems very realistic.

I'm more of a clinical pharmacology guy but my company is really tight with UCSF. CT.gov has posted the recruiting trials for Remdesivir if anybody is curious:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=&term=Remdesivir&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Icon Of Sin posted:

That’s...sobering.

:stonklol:

Pretty accurate too. Ended up telling my corporate overlords that it's about damage mitigation at this point and that they needed to stop dragging their feet and make a definitive call to let people work from home. Used my (limited) FEMA experience to tell them that "Yeah, you're being asked to make a decision that is seen as inconvenient or possibly much ado over nothing. But it's either that now, or full blown panic and rushed solutions later. You need to make a definitive call one way or the other."

My boss put it more bluntly "Lives are at stake, quit loving around."

Last night they were still going with "Well if you're worried about your health or a loved ones, WFH if you absolutely must..."

Today they switched track to "Hey as long as your manager doesn't mind, feel free to WFH starting immediately" but it's still coming only from a VP and not the CEO or HR.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

USAFA is letting all of their cadets except for firsties go home for spring break :tif:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

USAFA is letting all of their cadets except for firsties go home for spring break :tif:

"God protects his own." some Evangelical shithead, probably

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My company has low-key started pushing WFH for support personnel, but not a peep officially about what the rest of us are supposed to do. Like, what happens when I'm told that I've been exposed? How much time off will I be able to take? What happens if my whole team is exposed at the same time? I feel like this would merit some discussion, but I guess not...

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

SimonCat posted:

I think it was always just a crappy military urban legend. Someone probably saw "7.62" in reference to both NATO and Soviet ammo and jumped to a silly conclusion.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

"God protects his own." some Evangelical shithead, probably

I'm getting so, so sick of people hand-waving poo poo away with thoughts and prayers. After the Nashville tornado there was a local news puff piece about finding a Bible in the wreckage of a home "without a single page torn!" as if Jesus himself protected it.

Yep. God sent the tornado, killed some people, ruined a lot of lives and property in order to deposit the good book in the wreckage and demonstrate his ... Power? Restraint? Uhhhh

E: I'm one of the weirdos who believes in God and I cannot tell you how stupid and lazy I find that mindset

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 13, 2020

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Oh hey, Denmark just shut down their borders. Now we just need Madagascar to do the same, and we're in the clear.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

-Anders posted:

Oh hey, Denmark just shut down their borders. Now we just need Madagascar to do the same, and we're in the clear.

They're in the clear. We're hosed.

I had to laugh when downloads of that game went up thousands of percent once this thing showed up.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Our stupid loving memelord society.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its a fun game

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MA-Horus posted:

I'm pretty much waiting for an email that we're shutting down. March Break + 2 week school closure after that fucks so many people.
Plus, our primary supply chains are China (hosed), Luxembourg (lol, hosed) and Vermont (??? hosed?) so when those dry up methinks it's hard to get anything done.

That is a disparate supply chain

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

i'm getting a page not found on that, is there another link?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The last american institution falling...

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Watched Contagion last night. Worth the anxiety for Gwenyth Paltrow eating poo poo.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'm getting a page not found on that, is there another link?

Weird it was working about an hour ago. Maybe too many views overwhelmed the page?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
In one hand, I have a Trump speech without a teleprompter.

In the other hand, I have a Trump speech with a teleprompter.

Which would you pick? If you don't pick, you get kicked in the nuts.

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1238541284266201090?s=19

Personally, I'd choose death.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GET hosed HOBBY LOBBY
https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigAWelch/status/1238484728363118593

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yeah but it's fake money artificially created by the Fed for short term loans to prop up liquidity between banks.

Why the Fed can't just do that to wipe out student loan debt is loving beyond me. That would free up billions of dollars for people to spend on products and services, better homes, new cars. It would do way loving more to improve the economy than bullshit QE or propping up the short term loan REPO market.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 13, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr. Nice! posted:

I’ll be alright. I’m mostly ok. Mild pneumonia. It’s more about making sure people know what’s up.

No more mr nice, guys

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah but it's fake money artificially created by the Fed for short term loans to prop up liquidity between banks.

Why the Fed can't just do that to wipe out student loan debt is loving beyond me. That would free up billions of dollars for people to spend on products and services, better homes, new cars. It would do way loving more to improve the economy than bullshit QE or propping up the short term loan REPO market.

It's a very simple explanation: gently caress the poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Donnie's ego got hurt by loving up the last speech, so far this one is him jerking himself off about how bigly perfect that actually was and how super important and in charge he is by declaring an emergency over a fake news hoax.

Also, sniffing. Plenty of sniffing.