Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

natural immunity is of dubious efficacy too, they're pretending its 100% and really its ???%

I mean technically that just refers you to one of the other possibilities :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

namesake posted:

I honestly think 'You're on your own HUNGER GAMES!' is better than 'This pandemic response has been privatised."

But you don't understand, they have a website. Built by google. And all the commercial labs, the walmarts and the CVSes, are going to make bank donate their parking lots.

E: Also, Trump is apparently gonna buy all the oil.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

oh no this is it. that final crack ping that makes me a terrorist concerned citizen

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Berlin today: closing bars and nightclubs
London last night (and probably tonight as well): packed pubs with banter lads knocking elbows together then laughing it up, no one looking remotely concerned

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

you're just as likely to get the virus from a family member who's been to a sporting event as you are if you go to a sporting event

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Well played.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Getting increasingly suspicious of this growingly persistent sore throat and headache.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/theneweuropean/status/1238498725649154050?s=21

bleak lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hopefully it takes out ann widdecombe.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

OwlFancier posted:

She looks like she'd die from the virus just glancing in her direction

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
it will be just like Aids, in that it'll mostly kill people we've decided don't matter

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The virus would refuse to associate with her on moral grounds.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

So not as devastating as feared, then?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Widdecombe making a bold bid for a top-20 slot in my List of People I'd Quite Like to Die from Coronavirus Please

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Angepain posted:

it will be just like Aids, in that it'll mostly kill people we've decided don't matter

and afaik nobody ever got in trouble for aids killing people

e: is it just me or is the UK now no longer on the corona map

guess we're over it already

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 13, 2020

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
My wife works at the library and has asked me if she should keep running this old people's computer class. Mind boggling that the council are still letting these things run at all in the first place. She'll have to argue with her manager to not have to do it...

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Marmaduke! posted:

My wife works at the library and has asked me if she should keep running this old people's computer class. Mind boggling that the council are still letting these things run at all in the first place. She'll have to argue with her manager to not have to do it...

if we all try and stop getting the virus it ruins the herd immunity plan, we have to get it and fast or bojos scheme wont work

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

and afaik nobody ever got in trouble for aids killing people

ya i saw that earlier but they keep messing with the map itself, maybe they were hoping to incorporate the UK's own data into it rather than continuing with their own

Nothingtoseehere posted:

You're only infectious a day or two before symptoms start IIRC, so if you stay home on the weekend you'll be fairly safe that Monday.
the answer is we don't know for sure, but there are signs you're infectious days before any symptoms appear, during, and possibly for a day or two after you feel fine

if you have any control over sickness guidelines near your work stick to 14 days, the 7 day line used by the gov isn't grounded in any data - if it is it'd be good if they shared it with the rest of the class

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The figure I read was between two and fourteen days before symptoms, which is very helpful.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

it means we've all got it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Love how the British media tried to rehabilitate her like portlio, only for her to spit acid at the vulnerable and minorities anyway

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The EU released their draft treaty for the negotiations

quote:

Britain will have to guarantee “uniform implementation” of Brussels’s state subsidy rules while the European court of justice will hand down rulings to British courts, under the EU’s vision of the future relationship with the UK.

The draft treaty also insists that the UK will have to guarantee “non regression” on EU regulations on labour and social protection despite its withdrawal from the bloc.

On environmental standards, the EU insists that targets set by Brussels will also apply to the UK after it leaves the single market and customs union at the end of the year.

x

So the exact opposite of ARE SOVEREIGNTY and we're getting no deal brexit in December.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
I'm really starting to panic on behalf of my sister and my dad, both of whom are asthmatic (and the latter over 60) but resolutely refuse to alter their daily routines apart from extra hand washing :psypop:

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Came to ask this very question. Government in "deny everything and it'll go away" phase? Though the site hasn't updated as regularly as usual so maybe tech problems.

I'm supposed to helping at a big music event at the end of the month, last one was 5000+ people in what is basically a warehouse with a stage in it. Can't not go if it's on but kinda hoping the plug gets pulled...

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Asgerd posted:

I'm really starting to panic on behalf of my sister and my dad, both of whom are asthmatic (and the latter over 60) but resolutely refuse to alter their daily routines apart from extra hand washing :psypop:

Remember that even in extremely vulnerable demographics you're still surviving this nine times out of ten. Small comfort when it's your own health or those of your loved ones, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Just had a phone call with my brother who's a junior doctor in the UK. All starting to get interesting - surgical assistants being drafted as ICU nurses, surgeries cancelled, OR's repurposed as ICU beds. We have high risk family members.

He was saying they had an in depth mask fit test with gas inhalation testing etc and then at the end was told that it wouldn't matter anyway because they're about to run out of masks...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's gonna be great when finland just doesn't get this because everyone stays like five meters away from each other at all times.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Had to deal with my trust's first potential coronavirus patient today. Emphasis on the 'potential', because apparently psychiatric hospitals aren't actually hospitals as far as testing people is concerned. The management are doing their best but seem to be making it up as they go along.

Psych wards are going to be a nightmare for infection control - patients on leave coming and going constantly, bringing who knows what back from the community, who understandably don't take kindly to being told they can't go out. Staff from community teams are also going to be going to and fro potentially bringing the virus from community patients to inpatients and vice versa. Half the patients have COPD or diabetes or both and are therefore more vulnerable. Most of the staff have barely ever used PPE, which we don't even have because the acute hospitals need it more.

It felt pathetic telling all the staff and patients on the ward to, essentially, keep calm and carry on, but with extra hand washing, but that seems to be as far as the planning goes.

Gato fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 13, 2020

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Asgerd posted:

Just overheard my wife trying to convincer her asthmatic 72 year old mother to not go out and do her normal routines. We’re trying to keep our 1 year old who’s got a cough away from her.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
in three weeks every healthy person who does not have the virus will have a police officer come round to their house to cough on them. do your duty for britan

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola

Gato posted:

Had to deal with my trust's first potential coronavirus patient today. Emphasis on the 'potential', because apparently psychiatric hospitals aren't actually hospitals as far as testing people is concerned. The management are doing their best but seem to be making it up as they go along.

My trust is in the exact same boat. Like you say, the combination of patients at high risk of metabolic and respiratory conditions (high rates of smoking as self-med, antipsychotics making you pile weight on etc etc), lack of physical health equipment and expertise and high staff and patient mobility seems a bit of a deadly brew. It’s even worse on MHSOP with frail patients bombing in and out of acute hospital and needing our staff and liaison teams going in to support.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Angepain posted:

in three weeks every healthy person who does not have the virus will have a police officer come round to their house to cough on them. do your duty for britan

Yeah everybody itt seems to want to not catch or spread the virus which is really putting a wrench in poor bojos wild wheeze

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

loving hell, it'll only kill millions of people, no biggie. This really is the era of mask off politics.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Did Johnson mention Getting Brexit Done as a taglin for his fight against cohvihd

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

u-turns into u-turns into u-turns
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1238593191919652864?s=20
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1238591827449651205

zhar
May 3, 2019

Yeah everybody itt seems to want to not catch or spread the virus which is really putting a wrench in poor bojos wild wheeze

au contraire

Ash Crimson posted:

Getting this strange urge to go around care homes and cough in the faces of the elderly, how can I supress these urges

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1238582836279627779?s=21

Read the details of this. It’s completely loving unhinged

https://twitter.com/steven_swinford/status/1238589554342461440?s=21

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 13, 2020

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Angepain posted:

At first I was like LOL but then serioused...

Answers Me posted:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Answers Me posted:

no that seems p reasonable even if holding the powers for 2 years is pushing it, the extra police powers were agreed upon last week iirc?

but yeah the death management part is the tip of the iceberg of morbid information the public is about to get exposed to
e: to be clear the school open one needs clarification, and care home is a mixture of eventually not enough staff/facilities so they'll have to lower statutory obligations for timelines, etc

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Main Headline: Police to get full fash death camp powers
Column Headline: Why our children are so anxious