Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

How about I just beat the poo poo out of the people threatening my grandma and not get the virus too?

Good job, you have killed your grandma with roni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

GOOD THING I GOT ALL THOSE BEANS TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!!! :mmmsmug:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I took the Montreal subway a lot these past 2 weeks and today I have a sore throat, a little pain in the chest when breathing and general chills.
I'm trying to tell myself it's all in my head, so far it's working 50/50.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I thought I already instituted the thread rule that if you are noticing panic buying then post your location

Panic buying in full effect in Denver.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

piratepilates posted:

Tom Hanks being diagnosed?
Because Americans are terminally stupid, it was this for a bunch of my coworkers

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

mycomancy posted:

According to my colleague (a PhD in microbiology) coronaviri as a class generate weak immune responses in terms of the "memory" of the infection, making it possible to contract multiple times. While the specific strain of virus undoubtedly affects this characteristic, the smart wager is that Covid-19 will behave like its relatives.

That's the theory that I read, that some rare people are developing antibodies that don't stick around long enough, so a second infection can take hold.

Some people are just testing positive again later without symptoms, others have suffered a second round of symptoms

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/29/health/coronavirus-reinfection.html

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
I finally made it to NYC after fifteen hours of flights and a seven hour layover. When we'r touched down in Moscow a team of guys in full hazmat suits came aboard and screened everyone with infrared cameras. That got everybody making GBS threads bricks. Masks were mandatory but they had enough for everybody. Luckily my girlfriend made it through customs no problem. We'made it through about four hours before the travel ban takes effect.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

James Woods posted:

I finally made it to NYC after fifteen hours of flights and a seven hour layover. When we'r touched down in Moscow a team of guys in full hazmat suits came aboard and screened everyone with infrared cameras. That got everybody making GBS threads bricks. Masks were mandatory but they had enough for everybody. Luckily my girlfriend made it through customs no problem. We'made it through about four hours before the travel ban takes effect.

Glad you guys made it out man, now go stock up on TP like a proper Americans.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

Panic buying in full effect in Denver.

Tried to get groceries at 3pm today, a weekday afternoon. Montreal, Hochelaga borrough... both Maxi and Provigo stores had a huge lineup of people with carts waiting outside, with an employee letting people in one by one as someone would leave... poor guy trying to mainting a semblance of order through it got berated twice in the short time I was there (which was mostly noticing what was happening then getting the gently caress back home).

Quebec closed all schools today, yesterday we banned any gathering beyond 250 people. All gyms, pools, theatres, conventions, etc are cancelled.
Still I think what drove the point home to a lot of my fellow quebecers was the Habs game getting cancelled.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

numberoneposter posted:

GOOD THING I GOT ALL THOSE BEANS TWO WEEKS AGO!!!!!! :mmmsmug:

I am the fabled mighty ant! (Please don't rob me)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I thought I already instituted the thread rule that if you are noticing panic buying then post your location

Capital region NY report: Panic buying at lower level than big snowstorms, but the cashier said it's been like this since tuesday

Items gone: TP, paper towels, canned soup, chicken, ground beef, most cleaning products

Items in plentiful availability: Canned beans, whole beef, the entire produce section, dish soap

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I'm glad the annoying kid havers are gonna be stuck with them now, and they cant stop whining about it, your obnoxious families make the rest of us wretch

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Went to two stores today, both were completely out of dried beans except Garbanzo, guess nobody wants Falafel during quarantine.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

Tried to get groceries at 3pm today, a weekday afternoon. Montreal, Hochelaga borrough... both Maxi and Provigo stores had a huge lineup of people with carts waiting outside, with an employee letting people in one by one as someone would leave... poor guy trying to mainting a semblance of order through it got berated twice in the short time I was there (which was mostly noticing what was happening then getting the gently caress back home).

Quebec closed all schools today, yesterday we banned any gathering beyond 250 people. All gyms, pools, theatres, conventions, etc are cancelled.
Still I think what drove the point home to a lot of my fellow quebecers was the Habs game getting cancelled.

Dang. My experience wasn't that bad. Just the store being out of a lot of stuff and most non junk food/produce being nearly picked clean. Managed to get in and out in a reasonable time with enough groceries for a couple weeks.

It was very surreal. A bunch of people were livestreaming their grocery store visit which was weird as gently caress. Like, I seriously saw probably 10 people just walking around with their phones and aiming at the empty aisles and narrating. What a strange world we live in.

Kudos to the pros at King Soopers for opening every aisle and keeping the lines at like a 15 minutes wait.

Also I just had to pay 8 bux for some fancy eggs because that was all that was left :sigh: I swear to god, if I cant find eggs...

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

dudeness posted:

Went to two stores today, both were completely out of dried beans except Garbanzo, guess nobody wants Falafel during quarantine.

Our leftovers were lima. This is in coachella valley California

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/coffey_nicola/status/1238615978004668423?s=20

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

My coworker started to wig out when Disney announces they were closing all the parks.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

James Woods posted:

Congrats on making it in time. I admit I'd be feeling a little bad if I told you to eat the cost and dump your rental car and then you still didn't quite get there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This morning I was like "poo poo I'm just gonna buy a bidet on Amazon" so I did, and now every single one I was looking at last night is sold out lol. Glad I stayed a few hours ahead of the curve on that one assuming it actually comes.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

veni veni veni posted:

Dang. My experience wasn't that bad. Just the store being out of a lot of stuff and most non junk food/produce being nearly picked clean. Managed to get in and out in a reasonable time with enough groceries for a couple weeks.

It was very surreal. A bunch of people were livestreaming their grocery store visit which was weird as gently caress. Like, I seriously saw probably 10 people just walking around with their phones and aiming at the empty aisles and narrating. What a strange world we live in.

Kudos to the pros at King Soopers for opening every aisle and keeping the lines at like a 15 minutes wait.

Also I just had to pay 8 bux for some fancy eggs because that was all that was left :sigh: I swear to god, if I cant find eggs...

Who's watching?

I mean whoever the gently caress they're streaming their apocalypse shopping to is probably livestream/shopping themselves at the same time.

The end of the world won't be televised... it'll be everyone livestreaming at the same time to no audience.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Truck Stop Stall posted:

he's in his 60s and diabetic

The Australian Healthcare system is more or less world class, and *no* doctor is going to allow Tom friggin Hanks to die on their watch. People loving love that guy.

The Diabetes things more about poorly managed diabetics having generally poo poo circulation. Hanks is in great condition for his age and probably some of the best Diabetes docs in the game managing his diabetes. (Plus its really about 70 where the statistics start getting scary)

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

oh and i am a hypocrite because i didn't mention where the LACK of panic buying was going on in my area: food lion in raleigh nc

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

Who's watching?

I mean whoever the gently caress they're streaming their apocalypse shopping to is probably livestream/shopping themselves at the same time.

The end of the world won't be televised... it'll be everyone livestreaming at the same time to no audience.

yeah I was thinking the same thing haha.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Apparently there's panic buying in Calgary, amd we don't even have any known community transmission yet. Everyone who's tested positive picked it up from somewhere they travelled or lives with someone who picked it up travelling.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they better not be sold out of my favorite brand of frozen lasagna i swear to garfield

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
We're doing Xmas numbers at my liquor store. Parents are not happy about indefinite Spring Break.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Picnic Princess posted:

Apparently there's panic buying in Calgary, amd we don't even have any known community transmission yet. Everyone who's tested positive picked it up from somewhere they travelled or lives with someone who picked it up travelling.

that's because that's the only people they have tested

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Grocery store was dumb as gently caress. White onions? Gone. Red onions? Plenty. Chicken? None. Sausage? Tons. People are dumb as gently caress.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
CEO of Whole Foods suggests workers who aren't sick donate their sick time to those who are.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/93988v/whole-foods-suggests-that-workers-share-paid-time-off-during-coronavirus

Walmart and Google aren't going to save anyone. But, you all probably already knew that.

edit: In that same email, Whole Foods also said that it will offer unlimited, unpaid time off during the month of March

Jesus, "unpaid time off" being granted like it's a perk is some Dickensian poo poo

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Nerds posted:

Owner of Whole Foods suggests workers who aren't sick donate their sick time to those who are.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/93988v/whole-foods-suggests-that-workers-share-paid-time-off-during-coronavirus

Walmart and Google aren't going to save anyone. But, you all probably already knew that.

Whole foods would be way cooler if they just covered extended sick time during the pandemic without draining it from other employees who will probably need it later. gently caress.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Klyith posted:

Capital region NY report: Panic buying at lower level than big snowstorms, but the cashier said it's been like this since tuesday

Items gone: TP, paper towels, canned soup, chicken, ground beef, most cleaning products

Items in plentiful availability: Canned beans, whole beef, the entire produce section, dish soap

Yeah I’ll back this up, was just out for some weekend birthday supplies and it was quite sparse. TP/paper towel aisle at the Latham Market Bistro was ab-so-lutely empty, it was wild

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Remember that this is a demand induced shortage with no real supply crunch, the actual supply induced shortage will follow in about three weeks to a month - after JIT delivery infrastructure has been crippled by rolling service suspensions and the production of anything cannot keep up with demand.

Hope you stockpiled enough to last until May/June, ya savages.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

GORDON posted:

Whole foods would be way cooler if they just covered extended sick time during the pandemic without draining it from other employees who will probably need it later. gently caress.

But that would drain the resources of this mom and pop company who is owned by <checks notes> the richest person in the world.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So much panic buying here on the other side of NY than NYC.

A lot of meat gone. Tp water and pasta poo poo gone. Confusingly, the fuckin bagged salad mixes were all gone .. like they keep for a week Max

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My wife gets to work from home for the foreseeable future, but I have a feeling I will be on the job until other employees get sick since we are government services

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I've been out of the loop, any goon get the virus yet?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Weaponized Autism posted:

I've been out of the loop, any goon get the virus yet?

At least three in this thread, mod included.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I have to go on a rescue mission tomorrow to save a bunny and a fish from a dorm nobody will be returning to after spring break

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

GORDON posted:

Pitting your employees against each other in a crisis.
:discourse: Capitalissimo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sorry Burt!

Yeah I wouldn’t go.