Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I can’t think of anything on the same scale as the Beatles that will be played everywhere ad nauseum for eternity and will be held us as proof of the artistic superiority of a specific generation.

Biloxi! This is the real motherfuckin deal yall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

Lol they're means testing it

I'm in awe of the carnage and violence that will be required to restore a shred of humanity to the governing apparatus of the us

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Tired: Testing for the deadly pandemic virus

Wired: Means testing for basic assistance

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Solarin posted:

I'm in awe of the carnage and violence that will be required to restore a shred of humanity to the governing apparatus of the us

dehumanize, bloodshed, ect. ect.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Admiral Ray posted:

cash just makes u a target. nbody wants to steal my credit card i just sneezed on. but cash? cash is sterile.

Counterpoint: The Dollar Flu.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Stereotype posted:

Tired: Testing for the deadly pandemic virus

Wired: Means testing for basic assistance

What about means testing for the virus?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Just charge enough for the test that poor people can't afford it.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait a second, i think i just came up with an idea that could fix the food shortage situation at the same time as the mass body disposal situation

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 14, 2020

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dolphin posted:

wait a second, i think i just came up with an idea that could fix the food shortage situation at the same time as the mass disposal situation
Just make sure your proposal doesn't contain the words "modest" or "green" because Trump hates those things.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

it stinks

mystes
May 31, 2006

Here's a video about South Korean drive-through testing stations so you can imagine what it would be like to live in a country that wasn't completely hosed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRTcJNry87E

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

people are purposely getting corona virus for the sweet sweet sick pay

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
means testing aid during a deadly pandemic is the kind of uniquely evil poo poo that only America could come up with.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Delthalaz posted:

What about means testing for the virus?

must be THIS OLD to ride the geezer wheezer

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Lambert posted:

I wonder whether limited bank runs are already happening, usually the second thing people do after hoarding food.

I took out some cash today (NYC) and the tellers were visibly nervous, the manager was laughing, and they were running low on hundreds. It's safe to assume its happening, especially considering the rumors yesterday of a nypd shutdown

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Pro-tip: public drinking fountains are basically just bidets if you're physically coordinated enough.

uuggghh
Oct 7, 2005
;-[ ]
A friend here in Colorado went to the bank to take out cash and they limited him to $750. So ya, there is at least the fear of bank runs at the moment.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Pro-tip: public drinking fountains are basically just bidets if you're physically coordinated enough.
or enemas

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

The water nozzles are phallic looking too so don't be shy

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

swung by the grocery store to pick up more booze, similar situation to everywhere else. lady in line said it was no big deal, this is just like Y2K and that was a hoax! (older) people really aren't prepared for what'sfucking coming

Lol why are people comparing this to Y2K that was a different bug gamgam!!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

we have a drinking fountain at work that hits the ceiling tiles if you push the button all the way down

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Oh man I was spending all this time stockpiling food and supplies, I almost forgot to withdraw literally all my money from the bank. Thanks goons.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

must be THIS OLD to ride the geezer wheezer

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

fermun posted:

UberDeceased

UberXpired

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

geezer wheezer

Holy gently caress that's good

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Stereotype posted:

Oh man I was spending all this time stockpiling food and supplies, I almost forgot to withdraw literally all my money from the bank. Thanks goons.

every time i log off and come back there's a new sidequest waiting for me, except if i dont do it, i could die

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

NofrikinfuN posted:

we have a drinking fountain at work that hits the ceiling tiles if you push the button all the way down

PM me.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/itanimeirl/status/1238632021355712513

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

euphronius posted:

2/3 rds wages is about as good as 0

I'm in the tourism industry and was just given 0 hours for the next week because of all the cancellations so I'm now directly incentiveized to catch Coronavirus. Anyone got a doorknob to lick?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I'm in the tourism industry and was just given 0 hours for the next week because of all the cancellations so I'm now directly incentiveized to catch Coronavirus. Anyone got a doorknob to lick?

PM me.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I find the UK's response interesting because how openly hosed up it is, while the US response requires trying to figure out Trump's train of thought.

Look at this guy trying to defend the strategy.
https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518371651649538?s=20
https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518378039574528?s=20
https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518381915111426?s=20
https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518390488252416?s=20
https://twitter.com/iandonald_psych/status/1238518395634679808?s=20

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:a2m:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238639686811353089?s=20

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realGulDukat/status/1238639699691843585?s=20

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

means testing jesus christ get the gently caress out

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

This year's :gooncamp: gonna be lit af.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the crone groan?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

I find the UK's response interesting because how openly hosed up it is, while the US response requires trying to figure out Trump's train of thought.

Look at this guy trying to defend the strategy.

What the actual gently caress is this N dimensional chess bullshit. In 2020 do people still think there's a master plan?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dolphin posted:

the crone groan?

Geezer Wheezer or Boomer Doomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

probate jackpot