Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

What did we lie about?

Also what did you "piece together" to make steak town?

Why should I believe you are confirmed town? What beyond some unproven and potentially cooked up claim between you and Hum do I have to reinforce that? And why are you leaving on your “confirmed town” position so heavily in your arguments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I also love the idea of hum and I thinking "We should lie and get ruggan cuddled." Only to figure out after we had started the plan that ruggan would flip town!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Ruggan posted:

Actually I think that after rereading the thread earlier and piecing together info, Steak is town.

do you wanna elaborate or just leave this here

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Why should I believe you are confirmed town? What beyond some unproven and potentially cooked up claim between you and Hum do I have to reinforce that? And why are you leaving on your “confirmed town” position so heavily in your arguments?

Amnistar posted:

Either we're confirmed town masons or we're both scum. Hum and I know we're confirmed town. I've been laying the bread crumbs for it for some time, and we claimed it without any pressure.

If you think we're scum because of our actions, then great. If you think we're scum because we claimed confirmed masons, then...uhh....yeeeeaaaa...

None of my arguments about people's alignments are based on me being confirmed town. your argument appears to be entirely based on the fact that we must be lying about claiming confirmed town.

You sound like Solus(Scum) did in DBQ when ICR/Dragon confirmed masons was announced.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ruggan posted:

And your “oh I was wrong” schtick pretty much matches how you were in DQB2.

In that game I did not know who scum was and was playing as town....so....I don't think that post supports your point the way you thinks it does.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

I also love the idea of hum and I thinking "We should lie and get ruggan cuddled." Only to figure out after we had started the plan that ruggan would flip town!

Unimpressive counter. Doesn’t convince me anything about your alignment imo. You’d say this if it were bad idea in hindsight too.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

Hello friends I ate the cinnamon and it let me use another cop that told me dmboogie is death God aligned. I don't fully trust my results since I feel like I easily could've been misdirected or something but looks like our ded boi wasn't lying about two scum teams.

this aint right boss

I’m occupied atm but I’m town aligned

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

In that game I did not know who scum was and was playing as town....so....I don't think that post supports your point the way you thinks it does.

Haha good call. Guess that’s true. But you were still a bad party trying to get out of a sticky situation so it still applies somewhat.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in response to hum admitting he lied ##unvote

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Unimpressive counter. Doesn’t convince me anything about your alignment imo. You’d say this if it were bad idea in hindsight too.

wasn't a counter. Legitimately laughing at this thought.

I am, however, confused right now.

Prior to Hum coming clean, your stance was "Yea, hum is joking, steak is scum for killing hunt". As soon as hum says "it was a gambit" your stance flips and now "steak is town and hum and I are actually scum".

How does hum confirming your statement that it was false suddently change your mind so much?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

It doesn’t. I was waiting to see how Hum decided to proceed before responding with what I really thought

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

2 scum teams.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ruggan posted:

It doesn’t. I was waiting to see how Hum decided to proceed before responding with what I really thought

LOL So our concern about your reaction being manufactured in response to our gambit, is, in fact, TRUE.

And yet that makes us scum.

God drat Hum is a genius at this game.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ive been wavering on Steak but my current stance is town and that came from a reread I did just an hour or two ago. I think Steak shooting Hum early was a mistake and poor judgement but not necessarily indicative of scum alignment.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

2 scum teams.

Said by self-claimed scum. I disbelieve this to be true until I see evidence of it. I am following the 1 scum team 1 SK flavor of a large game.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ruggan posted:

Ive been wavering on Steak but my current stance is town and that came from a reread I did just an hour or two ago. I think Steak shooting Hum early was a mistake and poor judgement but not necessarily indicative of scum alignment.

Ruggan posted:

It’s steak isn’t it. Steak is totally scum.

##vote Steak

Yeeeaaaapp....

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

Yeeeaaaapp....

Yup, the reread was between those two posts that you conveniently quoted out of order

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Said by self-claimed scum. I disbelieve this to be true until I see evidence of it. I am following the 1 scum team 1 SK flavor of a large game.

ixt got a result of "death god aligned"

a serial killer would probably say "self aligned" or "third party aligned" like in the alignment part of binus's flip

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ruggan feverishly rereading the thread every 10 minutes, rapidly changing his opinions

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ruggan feverishly rereading the thread every 10 minutes, rapidly changing his opinions

:emptyquote:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ruggan posted:

Why should I believe you are confirmed town?

I feel like the easiest way would be to think about how you'd read them without the masonry claim in the first place. From the first two days, I feel like both Amni and Hum were generally leaning Town in my mind (I sure said as much about Hum yesterday at least), so I personally have no issues believing it for now. If it ends up being a gambit, it'll make itself known pretty quickly anyway.

So I suppose if you have a scum read on either of them that doesn't involve the mason claim, it'd be a good time to explain what it is other than this constant "but what if it's a gambit!" thing. Quickly checking your posts, you've posted 0 things about Hum at all and lightly said Amni pinged you as scum all of once before today. Kinda makes me think that you don't really have one though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

a serial killer would probably say "self aligned" or "third party aligned" like in the alignment part of binus's flip

idk about this

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont like how messy everything is today. but this bullshit is making me less inclined to vote ruggan out. and yeah, i see you theorizing that i'm scum with him, but i dont care. you and hum are both being assholes

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Christ, y'all posting fast. I'm trying to juggle this and getting ready for a D&D game where half the players are late/not responding, so I'm a bit behind apparently.

Mr. Steak posted:

Ixt also got a Trickster God aligned for Mona, but Mona ended up being flipless. Trickster sounds like an actual scum-team, whereas Death God definitely sounds 3p.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dragonatrix posted:

Christ, y'all posting fast. I'm trying to juggle this and getting ready for a D&D game where half the players are late/not responding, so I'm a bit behind apparently.

Ixt also got a Trickster God aligned for Mona, but Mona ended up being flipless. Trickster sounds like an actual scum-team, whereas Death God definitely sounds 3p.

really? to me, if anything it sounds opposite of that

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont like how messy everything is today. but this bullshit is making me less inclined to vote ruggan out. and yeah, i see you theorizing that i'm scum with him, but i dont care. you and hum are both being assholes

Please tell me where I have crossed the line from making a case that Ruggan is lying as scum playing a game, and where I'm being an rear end in a top hat so I can apologize for it.

Because that is an important distinction to me to make sure the game is fun for everyone.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

oh boy

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Nah you aren't being assholes.

But my gut is telling me you're both scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Please tell me where I have crossed the line from making a case that Ruggan is lying as scum playing a game, and where I'm being an rear end in a top hat so I can apologize for it.

Because that is an important distinction to me to make sure the game is fun for everyone.

if hum's lie was actually true, i'd buy this as acceptably cocky town behavior. but ruggan is not confirmed scum, and you're treating him like one. even i am actively not having fun reading your posts and no im not aligned with ruggan

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

if hum's lie was actually true, i'd buy this as acceptably cocky town behavior. but ruggan is not confirmed scum, and you're treating him like one. even i am actively not having fun reading your posts and no im not aligned with ruggan

If I'm making the game not fun, then I'll stop posting for awhile. Sorry.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Steak posted:

no im not aligned with ruggan

how do you know you're not both town :O

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Maybe this is a good time to ##World Egg Ruggan

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Nep-Nep posted:

:trumppop:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep posted:

true lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

If I'm making the game not fun, then I'll stop posting for awhile. Sorry.

it could just be a me thing. dont stop posting on my account

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

it could just be a me thing. dont stop posting on my account

personally im alarmed that amni is posting on steak’s account

i have no idea how to parse hum’s everything, I was scumreading ruggan yesterday but the mason thing is like blatantly stupid???

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The biggest issue I take with their collective claim is amni's pgo aspect that somehow only kills people who use killing actions, which was breadcrumbed and then fullclaimed, which is not something that makes sense to do if you're town hoping scum hits the landmine that is you

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
well. I read it and I don't understand it.

Amni, feeling better after last night?

Goodnight everybody.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Nep-Nep posted:

The biggest issue I take with their collective claim is amni's pgo aspect that somehow only kills people who use killing actions, which was breadcrumbed and then fullclaimed, which is not something that makes sense to do if you're town hoping scum hits the landmine that is you

Yeah I thought that was a different role - bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep posted:

yeah, whats throwing me for a loop is how overpowered they are. confirmed masons, which by definition are essentially immune from execution, who are also both immune to night kills?

even if it's only 1 shot bp and a self-bodyguard effect that kills him as well as the attacker, that's still a pair of townies that REQUIRES scum to give up 1 kill and 1 teammate even if they play perfectly. im well aware there could be downsides they arent sharing, but im not convinced at all. confirmed masonries are a really powerful role already, and i've only ever seen variants nerfed before, not buffed. and especially not way over-the-top stacked like these two are claiming.

plus, it's awfully convenient that they revealed the pgo only activates on kills *after* xiw claimed to visit it