Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Tetracube posted:

the right glass is the windex, as you can see from the many bubbles of soap inside it

the left glass is the mountain dew, a simple drink which requires no fancy chemistry for cleaning poo poo with, which is why it doesn't have bubbles in it. that's ice on the top because the drink has not been properly refrigerated

The bubbles mean more cleaning power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
That Pelosi quote was extremely definitive yesterday too. It's like they know he's not gonna make it much longer

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oxsnard posted:

That Pelosi quote was extremely definitive yesterday too. It's like they know he's not gonna make it much longer

i read that pelosi quote more as her having enough of a brain to realize 'poo poo, we really shouldn't be further antagonizing bernie's young energized base if we want them voting biden in novemeber'

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Brother Entropy posted:

i read that pelosi quote more as her having enough of a brain to realize 'poo poo, we really shouldn't be further antagonizing bernie's young energized base if we want them voting biden in novemeber'

Lol they're still not voting Biden.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Lol they're still not voting Biden.

An overwhelming majority of them who do show up to vote will vote for Biden. 10% of them voting green party and a bunch of others sitting the election out is a potential disaster though, yeah

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

oxsnard posted:

An overwhelming majority of them who do show up to vote will vote for Biden. 10% of them voting green party and a bunch of others sitting the election out is a potential disaster though, yeah

Millennial voting in the general has been ticking down. If Bernie is out Democrats are screwed going forward.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm not voting for Biden. I held my nose for Hillary in 2016 in Wisconsin and it was loving pointless and embarrassing. If they're going to force me to vote for Biden they're going to have to have Biden adopt every single one of Bernie's planks.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

the media is trying to whitewash away biden's dementia

and it still isn't good enough for these loving hacks:

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1238667139290206209

https://twitter.com/nationalparke/status/1238669475072880641?s=21

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I changed my mind. Joe isnt another Kerry

Hes another Bob Dole

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Voting for Biden is surrendering your agency. If you vote blue no matter who, they have no reason (or intention) of giving you anything. It's a pretty dumb person who says "I'm voting for this guy no matter what happens!" because when that reaches that guy's ears, he knows you're in his pocket.

Also, Biden and Trump are pretty much the same on all issues so, yeah.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm not voting for Biden. I held my nose for Hillary in 2016 in Wisconsin and it was loving pointless and embarrassing. If they're going to force me to vote for Biden they're going to have to have Biden adopt every single one of Bernie's planks.

Based on his 40+ year history, if Biden adopted any of Bernie's platform there is a 100% chance he is lying.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I never get sick of seeing that cat

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Part of me wonders if the Biden camp intentionally misled party leadership of just how bad his brain melt got. Like, it was pretty obvious several months ago, but he seems to have gotten drastically worse in the past few weeks. I'm guessing a decent number of people in the party are livid because they know if and when they pull him from the ticket, the backlash for picking a non Sanders replacement will be horrible.

chaos option is that they eat their losses and make biden drop out tomorrow and pick Klob to take over as the centrist person. Delay the primaries until June and hope she somehow dominates in the remaining states enough to justify picking her at a contested conventions since it would prove voters wanted someone in the ~center lane~

People keep making GBS threads on this idea, but if it's an open secret that everyone knows he's completely invalid mentally, and they wait until later to yank him... people will leak to the press that they kept it secret for months. It would be 2016 on crack with rigging allegations

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Like, if Obama pulled that grenade pin on the day before ST, don't you think he got assurances from Biden's handlers that he'd be able to handle it?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

In basically every case the parents come out to say it's totally cool that Biden groped their child cause they know Biden.

so the michael jackson defense

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

oxsnard posted:

Like, if Obama pulled that grenade pin on the day before ST, don't you think he got assurances from Biden's handlers that he'd be able to handle it?

dementia onset isn’t exactly a linear thing

Serf
May 5, 2011

the simple fact is that the vast majority of voters will not watch the debate, and will vote for joe biden because they remember him from the years when things were normal. his mental decline is meaningless, the party doesn't care about winning in november, they just need to deny the left a win here. then they can try again in 2024 with copmala/klobb/buttchug

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

oxsnard posted:

Part of me wonders if the Biden camp intentionally misled party leadership of just how bad his brain melt got. Like, it was pretty obvious several months ago, but he seems to have gotten drastically worse in the past few weeks. I'm guessing a decent number of people in the party are livid because they know if and when they pull him from the ticket, the backlash for picking a non Sanders replacement will be horrible.

chaos option is that they eat their losses and make biden drop out tomorrow and pick Klob to take over as the centrist person. Delay the primaries until June and hope she somehow dominates in the remaining states enough to justify picking her at a contested conventions since it would prove voters wanted someone in the ~center lane~

People keep making GBS threads on this idea, but if it's an open secret that everyone knows he's completely invalid mentally, and they wait until later to yank him... people will leak to the press that they kept it secret for months. It would be 2016 on crack with rigging allegations

they wanted to pull the trigger on literally anyone else but no other centrist got even a tiny bit of black support and backing Warren was a bridge too far.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For all of the overblown complaints about bros, I wonder if the centrists realize what will happen with a sizable contingent of disaffected and frustrated leftists when they see there is no possible path to change within the system

Like sure many will probably just drop out of the process entirely, but not all will

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
I think the stress is melting Biden's brain and wouldn't be surprised if they got him on benzos or some poo poo. Old people on benzos act like this.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Maybe the Democrats are unafraid of young voters and are cackling in their faces as if to say "who cares how you vote, our job is just to keep these seats away from progressives and people with different ideas". So they give us a senile old man, as a joke. Like a sick, underworld kind of joke that a gang of criminals would crack.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Serf posted:

the simple fact is that the vast majority of voters will not watch the debate, and will vote for joe biden because they remember him from the years when things were normal. his mental decline is meaningless, the party doesn't care about winning in november, they just need to deny the left a win here. then they can try again in 2024 with copmala/klobb/buttchug

Yeah this was about defending capital. Letting Bernie win would be a huge paradigm shift in America that could not be allowed to happen. Normalizing breaking up the insurance industry? Unacceptable. It needs to be smothered in the crib.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For all of the overblown complaints about bros, I wonder if the centrists realize what will happen with a sizable contingent of disaffected and frustrated leftists when they see there is no possible path to change within the system

Like sure many will probably just drop out of the process entirely, but not all will

Or what happens to the normies when Trump wins again and America undergoes another recession? Yeah they won’t consider radicalizing....

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

the media is trying to whitewash away biden's dementia

and it still isn't good enough for these loving hacks:

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1238667139290206209

Bernie has streamed all of his rallies in 2020(and I think I remember seeing his 2016 ones being streamed too). gently caress, Liz did too

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Hes another Bob Dole

Yup. They know it's an election they can't win (their way), so they're just throwing Biden in there as a sacrificial lamb.

There's nothing the Dems can do to win the youth vote and Bernie's campaign infrastructure short of having Joe make a (short, sub-two-minute) concession speech.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

Hes another Bob Dole

bob dole wasnt actually trying to win his candidacy was a strategic move on the part of the republicans to focus on the downballot instead of the presidency which they had already decided they probably couldnt win

biden would definitely lose by a dole level margin but the real bad news is that hed take the downballot down with him

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

bob dole wasnt actually trying to win his candidacy was a strategic move on the part of the republicans to focus on the downballot instead of the presidency which they had already decided they probably couldnt win

biden would definitely lose by a dole level margin but the real bad news is that hed take the downballot down with him

Our people are primarily in safe seats. He would take down a lot of succ Dems.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

dementia onset isn’t exactly a linear thing

yeah I think they planned project relay at the start, with clyburn as the ace in the hole for biden, and executed the plan exactly as written

unfortunately their distraction plan to keep eyes off biden worked on themselves as well, and it turns out the invisible man ain't doin' so good once he's visible again

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Yeah but what's the only thing that kills the Democratic party faster than anything else? (And this assumes they're not all tremendous idiots)

Biden gets sacrificed and his campaign staff (which is now filled with Bloomberg hired guns too) leaks like crazy that everyone know he was senile? Slack messages, emails the works. That would be more lethal to their grift than letting Bernie run and hoping he loses in the general. poo poo, it would possibly be worse than letting Bernie win and just undermining him for 4 years

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

this movie is getting referenced a lot more often than i would like

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Can anyone present arguments against Ian Sams being drone striked

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

has biden made any kinda on-camera announcement about this lol

listen here jack

*eye pops*

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Tunicate posted:

yeah I think they planned project relay at the start, with clyburn as the ace in the hole for biden, and executed the plan exactly as written

unfortunately their distraction plan to keep eyes off biden worked on themselves as well, and it turns out the invisible man ain't doin' so good once he's visible again

I think they wanted to hand the ball off to Pete or Klob or Harris but none of them ever got any real traction.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the succ is extremely confident nothing will leak because theyve bought into their own bullshit that leaks only happen because of russia

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

oxsnard posted:

Yeah but what's the only thing that kills the Democratic party faster than anything else? (And this assumes they're not all tremendous idiots)

Biden gets sacrificed and his campaign staff (which is now filled with Bloomberg hired guns too) leaks like crazy that everyone know he was senile? Slack messages, emails the works. That would be more lethal to their grift than letting Bernie run and hoping he loses in the general. poo poo, it would possibly be worse than letting Bernie win and just undermining him for 4 years

I think they think the left will die out like it did after Jackson in the eighties. They assume that a new nineties prosperity is around the corner. Utterly stupid? Yes. But it explains a lot of their choices.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I don’t see any way out of this that doesn’t cause a disaster for the party other than Biden dropping out and Obama endorsing Sanders soon after. But lol they going to choose self destruction

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I think they think the left will die out like it did after Jackson in the eighties. They assume that a new nineties prosperity is around the corner. Utterly stupid? Yes. But it explains a lot of their choices.

What is there left to pillage?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mondian posted:

What is there left to pillage?

As I said. They are stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Stupid and desperate, spotted this poll the other night. I would have answered but they mysteriously omitted a "no" option