Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Kibayasu posted:

The DZ is likely emptier then normal at the moment because DZ experience doesn’t count toward the season track, even though it’s supposed to.

Was watching Chappie, it was extremely full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Dead Like Rev posted:

Was watching Chappie, it was extremely full.

Cant imagine doing that DZ bullshit for 12-20 hours a day for the past 2 weeks. Ironic that when he gets to 1000 shd level, he wont log into this game for the next year, lol.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Peechka posted:

Cant imagine doing that DZ bullshit for 12-20 hours a day for the past 2 weeks. Ironic that when he gets to 1000 shd level, he wont log into this game for the next year, lol.

Yeah its kinda nuts, watching Wiidz right now for the hell of it cause im bored and still half asleep from a procedure at the hospital this morning. But its non stop PVP in the DZ wiidz is in.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

People PVP when streamers PVP because they want to PVP with streamers.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Why is it that every single loving time I start an activity, a random elite patrol just pops into existence right down the street from me and immediately opens fire on me?
Having elites fire on me from both ahead of me and behind me gets real loving old

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Why is it that every single loving time I start an activity, a random elite patrol just pops into existence right down the street from me and immediately opens fire on me?
Having elites fire on me from both ahead of me and behind me gets real loving old

I had an elite patrol walk into my CP4 I was doing and then after the CP was taken rogue agents spawned. That poo poo was crazy and took forever.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Just be glad it wasn’t an elite resource convoy.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Just did Kenly Metro for the first time

I don't think I care enough about getting the Diamondback to do anything else up here, gently caress this entire place and its "DPS checks that don't work at all for a skill build"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That the place you have to destroy the sewer pump or whatever? Yeah I barely managed that on time with a gun build.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kibayasu posted:

That the place you have to destroy the sewer pump or whatever? Yeah I barely managed that on time with a gun build.
Sewer pump in one branch of the metro, two giant gas tanks in another. Me sitting there screaming at my turrets and hive (and later, seeker mines and drone) to do something, anything at all, to the giant target in front of them.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Just be glad it wasn’t an elite resource convoy.

Those guys like to invite themselves to my parties also

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the toughest enemies in this game being a grate and a gas tank are just mind boggling, sometimes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Enemy tech is so strange. I get that enemy turrets, shields, drones have to have more health than the enemy that placed them or else they won't be a threat... but drat dude, that much more?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What should I recalibrate, that swap speed (either rate of fire or damage to armor) or change breadbasket for something else? It's my backup for my LMG build, obliterate+unstoppable force (will change it for composure or whatever else like spark).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If you get downed please don't curl up on cover, it means I can't take cover there to safely revive your incredibly frustratingly stupid rear end. Just crawl back a little bit so I can hunker down and help you.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Enemy tech is so strange. I get that enemy turrets, shields, drones have to have more health than the enemy that placed them or else they won't be a threat... but drat dude, that much more?

Robo dog armor values need to be adjusted somewhat, cause that poo poo is fully stupid currently

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

CJacobs posted:

The inexcusable one that I swear they said is a bug is the restorative hives / "support stations" that currently restore armor/life faster than you can strip it, including to themselves (????)

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Tardigrade acquired, my patriot lmg build is online, or it will be when I finish my gunner research at least. It's still pretty strong though even without being totally optimal, I'm absolutely loving the patriot set bonuses and the tardigrade is possibly the best exotic in the game for team play.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The inexcusable one that I swear they said is a bug is the restorative hives / "support stations" that currently restore armor/life faster than you can strip it, including to themselves (????)

I had several groups in the manhunt disband on Federal Emergency Bunker because the dudes in the mezzanine kept throwing those down where they couldn't be hit and it was impossible to clear the reaming dudes out to proceed.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Is this still on sale for $3 on PC? If so where can I pick it up?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So I've done Roosevelt Island on Challenging and on Hard...and the first time I did it I got credit for both the Manhunt and the Weekly, but it is not giving me credit for doing the Daily, which says to do Roosevelt Island on Hard or above. Do I need to sacrifice a loving goat or something? I don't get much time to play so this is very irritating, not to mention it keeps resetting my Manhunt progress so I can't get anywhere with that.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've been trying to get the break all of basilisk's armor objective for the gunner field research for a solid half hour now, he always dies before i can break every piece. I'm 90% sure nobody even bothered testing this objective before implementing it because it's by far the hardest objective I've ever faced in this game and it's against an enemy I could defeat blindfolded. This is some godawful game design.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Midgetskydiver posted:

Is this still on sale for $3 on PC? If so where can I pick it up?

Looks like it's up to $10 now but that's still a pretty respectable discount for the base game. This is the page where it used to be sold for the super-bananas discount. On consoles it's back up to normal price.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

tweet my meat posted:

I've been trying to get the break all of basilisk's armor objective for the gunner field research for a solid half hour now, he always dies before i can break every piece. I'm 90% sure nobody even bothered testing this objective before implementing it because it's by far the hardest objective I've ever faced in this game and it's against an enemy I could defeat blindfolded. This is some godawful game design.

Is that the one where you use the demo spec nade launcher to get rid of it in a single hit or did the nerfs to spec weapons make that not work as well?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Jusupov posted:

Is that the one where you use the demo spec nade launcher to get rid of it in a single hit or did the nerfs to spec weapons make that not work as well?

Launching 6 of them directly at him in a row didn't do the trick on hard or normal so I'd say the nerfs got it

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Well I've been at this for an hour and a half and I can't get more than 4 pieces broken on basilisk without him dying. This feels like a big scheme to trick people into buying the year 1 pass, make tiers 1-4 of the research doable and throw in a virtually impossible task on tier 5 to make sure people don't get it for free.

E:You know what, I'm just gonna stick with demo, there isn't a single thing in the gunner skill tree worth the frustration from trying to complete this challenge

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 14, 2020

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Does that one firefly variant work?
I wouldn't know because lmao at ever using that piece of poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh interesting, they've changed the early-game flow somewhat since my last new character. Looks like they rearranged the first ~5 levels or so. Before it went Grand Washington Hotel (lvl 2) -> unlock SHD tech, safehouses, side missions, second special ability -> do some side stuff to level up -> Jefferson Trade Center (lvl 5). Now you don't get any of that stuff until after Jefferson Trade Center, which is now level 3. I wonder why they changed that, it flows so much worse this way. Now there's just a random part of the early game where the whole city is open to you but there's nothing to do in it because you haven't unlocked side missions and stuff yet.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 14, 2020

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Does that one firefly variant work?
I wouldn't know because lmao at ever using that piece of poo poo

Im rocking foam and firefly and it has made the Cleaners real easy

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I found the Gunner research to be the easiest. :confused:

But then again I parked my shield against the Basilisk and that was that.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

CJacobs posted:

Oh interesting, they've changed the early-game flow somewhat since my last new character. Looks like they rearranged the first ~5 levels or so. Before it went Grand Washington Hotel (lvl 2) -> unlock SHD tech, safehouses, side missions, second special ability -> do some side stuff to level up -> Jefferson Trade Center (lvl 5). Now you don't get any of that stuff until after Jefferson Trade Center, which is now level 3. I wonder why they changed that, it flows so much worse this way. Now there's just a random part of the early game where the whole city is open to you but there's nothing to do in it because you haven't unlocked side missions and stuff yet.

I checked out the Theater safe house, did Jefferson, then went and picked up a couple of SHD caches. Now I'm level 5 and rocking an original M1. gently caress spray and pray, I can reliably get actual headshots with the M1.

The flow seems ok to me coming at it fresh.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

mllaneza posted:

I checked out the Theater safe house, did Jefferson, then went and picked up a couple of SHD caches. Now I'm level 5 and rocking an original M1. gently caress spray and pray, I can reliably get actual headshots with the M1.

Agreed. Unless they changed it with WoNY, I found the flow to be great.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

tweet my meat posted:

Well I've been at this for an hour and a half and I can't get more than 4 pieces broken on basilisk without him dying. This feels like a big scheme to trick people into buying the year 1 pass, make tiers 1-4 of the research doable and throw in a virtually impossible task on tier 5 to make sure people don't get it for free.

E:You know what, I'm just gonna stick with demo, there isn't a single thing in the gunner skill tree worth the frustration from trying to complete this challenge

What kind of gun are you using? I had some trouble doing it myself, but I found using a rifle or a sniper rifle helped prevent stray bullets from eating into his health. I also found that his thigh armor wasn't appearing although I could shoot it to destroy it. I think using the riot foam to temporarily immobilize him would help, too.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I knocked it out after a few shots of vodka and a switch over to a hardwired build so i could oxidizer chem launcher the armor off, it hits all the pieces equally so that made it more consistent, though i did have to kite him around for a while.

I got the specialization unlocked and now I can finally sleep.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mllaneza posted:

Seditiar posted:

Agreed. Unless they changed it with WoNY, I found the flow to be great.

I guess the part that breaks it for me is that before you could split your sidequests, you didn't have to do them all before doing Jefferson Trade Center. This is because side missions give you a flat 1/3 of the XP for your current character level, so you'd have some left over. You could do some before, and then some after to prepare for Waypoint Museum. Now you have to wait till after Jefferson to unlock side missions so there's this big level gap before you can do Waypoint. But who knows maybe they tweaked that as well, I guess I haven't played enough on this new guy to know if the reshuffling extends beyond the tutorial stuff.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 14, 2020

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I guess the part that breaks it for me is that before you could split your sidequests, you didn't have to do them all before doing Jefferson Trade Center. This is because side missions give you a flat 1/3 of the XP for your current character level, so you'd have some left over. You could do some before, and then some after to prepare for Waypoint Museum. Now you have to wait till after Jefferson to unlock side missions so there's this big level gap before you can do Waypoint. But who knows maybe they tweaked that as well, I guess I haven't played enough on this new guy to know if the reshuffling extends beyond the tutorial stuff.

They might've changed it with WoNY to be quite honest. I started playing like 4 weeks ago, but New York landed me on level 39 even though I had done all side missions (at least the ones that show by default). Last mission requires 40, so could be they use this pacing for DC as well now. In which case I agree that the pacing is off.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Somehow I missed the memo (and afaik, Massive did a poor job at communicating it) that you need to delete your level 30 exotics in order to get level 40 ones to drop.

Would've been nice to know before I did 4 hours of Dark Zone for Pestilence. :v:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I did a Dark Zone run and only encountered friendly players; when I initiated the extraction at the end, a bunch of them came out of the woodwork to put their own little packages on the rope and we all guarded it while it took off. I'm positive this won't ever change

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Seditiar posted:

Somehow I missed the memo (and afaik, Massive did a poor job at communicating it) that you need to delete your level 30 exotics in order to get level 40 ones to drop.

Would've been nice to know before I did 4 hours of Dark Zone for Pestilence. :v:

You don't. You only need to delete crafted level 30s to get the crafting parts to drop. Otherwise it has no bearing on drop chance; you just had poo poo luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

You don't. You only need to delete crafted level 30s to get the crafting parts to drop. Otherwise it has no bearing on drop chance; you just had poo poo luck.

Ah, that's a relief! I just farmed my Liberty again and figured the dropped exotics followed the same rule.