Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Someone get an intern at Nintendo to make the game go live. I’ll pitch in a 20. Press the red button!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Just played through A Short Hike. Oh man, that game is so charming. It's like a cross between Animal Crossing and Night in the Woods. :3:

It's still free on the Epic Games store thing until the 19th, so get it to help you cope with the wait!

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/1238674211830300672

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm fine not having the AC dock but man... I can't stress enough how much I want those joycons :smith:

Literally my favorite colors and shades, it's a real heartbreaker.

I bought these alternatives and they are very nice, if you got the baby-blue ones too you could pretend you paid 8x as much on the special joycons if you wanted.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NL8D4SF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 14, 2020

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I saw a pic comparing those blue & green shells to the Animal Crossing Joy-cons and it was an extremely close match. The only difference being, the backs aren't white, but how often do you see that?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I bought atomic purple shells for my joycons and switch about 2 weeks ago and it looks awesome. You need some pretty specific screwdrivers for it though and it's a lot of delicate work.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's gonna be a ton of Carona Islands.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I dug out my New Leaf cartridge and spent much too long troubleshooting networking issues to transfer this file off.

Behold the flag of Duckberg!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Shoehead posted:

I bought atomic purple shells for my joycons and switch about 2 weeks ago and it looks awesome. You need some pretty specific screwdrivers for it though and it's a lot of delicate work.

The one I linked came with a screwdriver with both heads you need.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Baby T. Love posted:

The one I linked came with a screwdriver with both heads you need.

Ah, thats good. I got honestly too big a kit but there were little plastic prybars and tweezers that were so helpful

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I like the sinister devil looking guy set as that profile picture. The mii is pretty cool also.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3T6hHHJPVA

Man this video would have probably been a lot more interesting for most people like...a year ago.

I get the feeling the dude had already put a bunch of time writing and recording the script for the thing before last month's direct and it'd be a huge waste for him to just drop the video...but there's so many fuckin' things that were a problem a year ago that New Horizons solved so the majority of the video is like, "Oh jeez sorry man."

The rest of the video is wanting so much control over the game it gets into like, stuff I'm not even sure the original titles could have feasibly done. Like New Horizons is already granting his wish with being able to not only put down houses and shops anywhere on the map but also move them at any time. Like I'll give you stuff like that could have been done by New Leaf. But when he starts talking about wanting control over the time of day while the game is running without even going back to the main menu it's...I feel like that could be possible, NOW but it's a weird thing to complain about in regards to the older titles. Because I'm pretty sure the older entries really couldn't handle something like that without things getting weird.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Constant time travel so you can get all critters and furniture as quickly as possible sounds like the antithesis of a chill Animal Crossing experience.

edit: I'd just also like to say that the clock in Animal Crossing teaches you to be patient, to enjoy the moment even when there is nothing to do, and to take the time to be kind to your buddies. All very good lessons.

And More fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Mar 14, 2020

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

And More posted:

Constant time travel so you can get all critters and furniture as quickly as possible sounds like the antithesis of a chill Animal Crossing experience.

edit: I'd just also like to say that the clock in Animal Crossing teaches you to be patient, to enjoy the moment even when there is nothing to do, and to take the time to be kind to your buddies. All very good lessons.

There are people who simply have to "win" every game they play, even ones that are explicitly designed to be taken slowly, and games that don't even have win conditions. I know a guy who tried to "win" The Sims, by maxing out his poor sim's stats as fast as possible, and enslaving him as, I believe, a painter cranking out masterpiece after masterpiece in order to get rich and "win the game."

I may not understand it, but my brain doesn't work like that. I don't even achievement-hunt, personally.
I do like the addition of Nook Miles though, as a, sort of structured progress system.

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 14, 2020

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Skratte posted:

I made this little fake fossil like a couple years ago, just wanted to shamelessly show it off.

Nice

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I want those stickers so badly.

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

Skratte posted:

I made this little fake fossil like a couple years ago, just wanted to shamelessly show it off.

this is extremely cool and you deserve to hear about it

(thanks for the gang tag!! I'm at work today but I HAVE to get the Town Tune Creator to play Margaritaville soon or i'll die)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I decided to dig up my old Gamecube and try to play me some OG Animal Crossing, found all my cords and what not... then I realized I haven't owned a TV in years! Whoops. Self isolation does funny things to the mind.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Skratte posted:

I am now picturing a live action Animal Crossing movie with Detective Pikachu style cg characters...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

robot roll call posted:

I am now picturing a live action Animal Crossing movie with Detective Pikachu style cg characters...

Bill Nighty IS Blathers.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

robot roll call posted:

Nah, do it like the old BBC Chronicles of Narnia show where it's all people in costumes

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

NOW I am picturing a live action Animal Crossing movies with CATS style cg characters :captainpop:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Forgot to post but thanks for the tag! I'm probably still changing my avatar soon but I'm glad to be representing such a fine business leader.

In other news, I really wish that Nintendo would clarify how island names work with regards to prefix/suffix in English. If we can get "Island" or "Isle" or what have you for free it changes everything.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Humerus posted:

Forgot to post but thanks for the tag! I'm probably still changing my avatar soon but I'm glad to be representing such a fine business leader

Don't forget you can still add the tag back in manually when you change, if you want :ssh:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

robot roll call posted:

NOW I am picturing a live action Animal Crossing movies with CATS style cg characters :captainpop:

The train can't start until we find Rover.

Now that's a cat, who loves trains.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

robot roll call posted:

Is-a-belle the town hall dog
The dog of the vil-lage haaaaaall

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Humerus posted:

Forgot to post but thanks for the tag! I'm probably still changing my avatar soon but I'm glad to be representing such a fine business leader.

In other news, I really wish that Nintendo would clarify how island names work with regards to prefix/suffix in English. If we can get "Island" or "Isle" or what have you for free it changes everything.

There’s a chance we won’t get that option, since apparently the previous Japanese versions had the same option while we’ve never gotten it.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

a short hike is a god damned delight and chill as hell. play it.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Skratte posted:

Love it, very good

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1238840081525493760?s=19

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Welp, I was supposed to go to Australia on Monday but this virus scared the friend I was going with and everything is shutting down anyways, so maybe it’s not the best time to visit from the US.

I wish Nintendo would release early :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

And More posted:

Playing not how you want is the antithesis of AC experience. I've had people throw shade at me before for "abusing" the stalk market by going online and finding someone whose turnips were selling for 500 or whatever to make millions in a single Sunday afternoon, paying off tiers of loans with a half hour's work. Time Travelling is good, for those that want it, and it's part of the AC magic and plays into it's chill ethos. Missing an event because you didn't log-in for activities at the specified date is some mobile game gacha trap. TTing to be able to experience an event you have a real life obligation to preclude you from going to it is just good. It certainly can be a delight to slowly accrue stuff over time with low work distributed over a leisurely duration. But not everyone has the opportunity or circumstances to dedicate to AC over that long, or perhaps they just don't get the same enjoyment from withheld virtual items finally being made available to them.

All I'm saying is we can't know everyone's life, we can't know everyone's chill or buzz, and we all get out own towns explicitly so we can play and live our best AC lives however we desire -- and most importantly, we can't hurt anybody else.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Yeah, some people want to get it over with in an afternoon or a lunch break, and then move on with their lives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq85f09rxbA

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
playing how you want is cool & good :yeah:

I asked in the Switch thread but realized I should've just asked here - has it actually been confirmed or deconfirmed yet if you can adjust the clock ingame like in the previous games? I've always liked having the option.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Your Computer posted:

playing how you want is cool & good :yeah:

Unless that means cutting down my trees, trampling my flowers, and seducing away my favourite animals.

And More fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 14, 2020

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Bleck posted:

This has always been my town theme and always will be.

As a musician I feel it is my sworn duty to help people with town tunes, please do not hesitate to publicly or privately make requests!

I'd like to request the first five seconds of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcKBMYYSJs or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2P_hqhu5rQ. Not sure which of them would work better with the melody maker.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I went to the game store, bought a few Nintendo Eshop codes and I'm downloading the game as I type this. I'm raccooning myself and facing the debt.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

And More posted:

Yeah, some people want to get it over with in an afternoon or a lunch break, and then move on with their lives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq85f09rxbA

I miss that whacky wobbling gyroid outside our houses. I also liked the way the houses were all grouped together in a little nest. I think I know how I want to organize my town's homes now. It will probably look more like trailer park communities with me at the helm, but dang if I had a home in a trailer park now it would be more house than I own now!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So I decided to just order a regular switch (it's sitting on my desk right now!) instead of hoping I could score the special edition somewhere. At the end of the day, my need for AC outweighs my need for a pretty switch... I think, anyways. After all I literally waited until AC was coming out to even buy the switch, so I think that speaks about my priorities, haha.

The new POE league is out which is something I'd normally be neck deep into but I just can't feel excited about much except NH coming out. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I miss that whacky wobbling gyroid outside our houses. I also liked the way the houses were all grouped together in a little nest.

I wish we could have houses at an angle like in the GC game. If we could, I’d grab that new leaf save editor and move a handful of houses to around the tree plaza.