Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
yo the more I think about it the more I think a confirmed masonry at the start of this game is pretty bullshit, agree/disagree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ruggan posted:

The town councilor role that flipped was able to make a Mason with two other players each night. After awakening they could kill one of them a night too.

So probably something like that. After a condition is met or they are awakened then there’s probably some built in kill mechanism

Sal, I find it very confusing when you keep changing your name and avatar during the game.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Epsilon Plus posted:

yo the more I think about it the more I think a confirmed masonry at the start of this game is pretty bullshit, agree/disagree?

perhaps at the start of a normal game, but this is a very powerful power-ful powered role madness game

it would not surprise me to learn there is a confirmed town masonry nor would it surprise me to learn there is the ability to make masonries

nor would it surprise me if that masonry wasn't actually confirmed town. *spirit fingers* role madness

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

morning

I’ll claim flavor too if y’all really want but mechanically im an odd night compulsive vig that also roleblocks my kill targets. i killed binus night one.

if im empowered im no longer compulsive, and can kill on both odd and even nights

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I mostly wanted to get it out there to help with the discussion about killing roles (Death God Aligned). I also wanted to clarify because someone said that Hum and Amni's claim didn't have because of all the person they allegedly have.

Mr. Humalong posted:

This post veered into stroke territory very quickly. I can’t quite parse it.

I really need to check my posts when I phone post I'm sorry.

I mostly wanted to get it out there to help with the discussion about killing roles (Death God Aligned). I also wanted to clarify because someone said that Hum and Amni's claim didn't make sense because of all the protection they have. I was trying to point out that will the killing roles in this game that having people who were pretty much nigh unkillable makes sense to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

dmboogie posted:

morning

I’ll claim flavor too if y’all really want but mechanically im an odd night compulsive vig that also roleblocks my kill targets. i killed binus night one.

if im empowered im no longer compulsive, and can kill on both odd and even nights

##vote boogie

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yo the more i think about it the more I think you’re lurking scum, agree/disagree?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I really need to check my posts when I phone post I'm sorry.

I mostly wanted to get it out there to help with the discussion about killing roles (Death God Aligned). I also wanted to clarify because someone said that Hum and Amni's claim didn't make sense because of all the protection they have. I was trying to point out that will the killing roles in this game that having people who were pretty much nigh unkillable makes sense to me.

Thank you. There are limits to our protection, but obviously I’m not going to tell scum what they are so that we can keep hunting scum and securing a town victory.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote ruggan

this is a role madness thing, we’ve got any number of things that could gently caress with a claimed cop. On the other hand, we have two people directly contradicting each other in a way that can’t be explained by misdirection.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

Thank you. There are limits to our protection, but obviously I’m not going to tell scum what they are so that we can keep hunting scum and securing a town victory.

Yeah sorry for the phone posting confusion.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

dmboogie posted:

##vote ruggan

this is a role madness thing, we’ve got any number of things that could gently caress with a claimed cop. On the other hand, we have two people directly contradicting each other in a way that can’t be explained by misdirection.

What’s the contradiction?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mithross posted:

I continue to have results that make it very very unlikely Ruggan is scum, unless there was targeting... stuff. Which is possible, Ruggan would have been a good choice for that last night. Still though, I'm more interested in the dmboogie cop results today. SK or scum I'd really like those flipless kills to stop.

What do you think about this dmboogie?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

CCKeane posted:

Steak, in previous games I seem to recall you getting the lurker gun and reacting very differently. What has changed with this game?

Xiw's result on dmboogie seems straightforward. Xiw, why did you target dmboogie?

It was ixtillion not me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hello friends.

Sorry for yesterday, it was a busy day.

after reading today so far there are a few things that stand out to me.

1. ##vote dmboogie

2. I still don't think ruggan is coming from a townly place.

3. I'm not liking Sal right now.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

I was joking. I opened the masonry by calling them both scum. The only other conversation was Ruggan asking hunt why he chose the two of us. Ruggan's reaction to my claim has been...questionable.

wow I can’t read or use my eyes

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ruggan posted:

What do you think about this dmboogie?

i also missed this; while it’s definitely possible for there to be two instances of redirection fuckery last night it’s unlikely enough that I’ll trust those results

##vote mr. steak

that hunt slam dunk was a real bad look

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CapitalistPig posted:

3. I'm not liking Sal right now.

What's up?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't think it is that bad for a game this size.

dmboogie posted:

morning

That is a weird role, but...sure.

Why did you kill B-minus N1?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
stupid enough to be real feels from boogie's claim

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Crazyeyes posted:

Why did you kill B-minus N1?

didn’t wanna kill any huge voices and i was getting bad vibes from him, especially him acting like there was nothing weird about mona

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yo the more i think about it the more I think you’re lurking scum, agree/disagree?

disagree, but what do you expect

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Crazyeyes posted:

It's definitely a bit out there, but I'd say Leith's was weirder. It would also give us a possible explanation for why we got 2 NKs on N1 but only 1 on N2 at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Thinking about it some, if we take boogie's claim as true, then it'd at least explain why Binus is the only NK to have actually flipped. Seems like a safe assumption that Mona lied about withholding NK on N1 to confuse things. That we've had two flipless NKs makes me inclined to think that at least one Trickster is a janitor. It also makes it seem much more likely that there's only one scum team after all. With this, the only real hint we've gotten for there being more than one is Mona saying it. And, well, we can't really take that as gospel.

If we take it as false, then... it raises the question of why come up with a lie that would either have no real change to how bad things look or even just outright makes his situation worse. He's been copped as something that sounds like an SK, and claiming a compulsive vig that also roleblocks his target sounds quite in-line with that. It's such a bad thing to lie about that I feel like it has to be true, really.

Of course, either way, odd night compulsive vig is a bit of an issue because that would apply to tonight. If we end up instead lunching Steak, Ruggan or someone else entirely that means we have that to worry about tonight.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

dmboogie posted:

didn’t wanna kill any huge voices and i was getting bad vibes from him, especially him acting like there was nothing weird about mona

Tbf we have no idea what Mona was because bastard mod

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mithross posted:

I continue to have results that make it very very unlikely Ruggan is scum, unless there was targeting... stuff. Which is possible, Ruggan would have been a good choice for that last night. Still though, I'm more interested in the dmboogie cop results today. SK or scum I'd really like those flipless kills to stop.

Do you think it would be useful for me to claim my action last night so you can verify it (or verify the possibility of targeting weirdness) (or counter it)?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

Tbf we have no idea what Mona was because bastard mod

im talking about why i killed binus at the time, before mona even flipped

of course hindsight just makes me feel even more justified in that

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

dmboogie posted:

im talking about why i killed binus at the time, before mona even flipped

of course hindsight just makes me feel even more justified in that

You feel more justified in hindsight for killing a town member?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

You feel more justified in hindsight for killing a town member?

Mafia edit I managed to forget Binus was 3p gently caress

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##World Egg Humalong

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

Steak, in previous games I seem to recall you getting the lurker gun and reacting very differently. What has changed with this game?

mod told me flip would happen immediately

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mr. Steak posted:

mod told me flip would happen immediately

This is satisfactory! I give you...a C+!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##world egg merk

dmboogie, what did you do last night?

##vote dmboogie

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

merk posted:

##world egg merk

dmboogie, what did you do last night?

##vote dmboogie

nothing, because I’m an odd night vig and last night was even?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##world egg Humalong

##vote booglord

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, will catch up today. Choose your own excuse for my absence.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Odd night vig with an anti town cop claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anti town result*

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Odd night vig with an anti town cop claim.

from a cop who claimed the previous day. in a role madness game.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I feel like I should ##world egg merk too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why not?

##world egg merk