Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

My husband just came back from grocery shop, saying that the bean section was cleaned out except for the limas (duh) and two bags of black-eyed peas.

He did not buy the black-eyed peas. Divorce or murder? I mean, drat it, I didn't even get Hoppin' John this year because we were traveling.

Remember: murder reduces available labor but it also reduces supply consumption by the same amount. So its impossible to say if it is bad or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ok folks it is confirmed we are living in the End Times. the four horsemen bout to do it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BMX Ninja posted:

I usually buy the biggest pack available. When I used to work in a small grocery store, I'd see men, always men, make a beeline straight to the toiletries aisle and come to the checkout with nothing but the smallest pack of rolls we sold.

Every time I'd think "there goes a dude who is minutes away from making GBS threads his pants".

I think for some men controlling their bowels is a mental game that borderlines an Olympic sport and it often results in an o-ring blow out

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
imagining older zoomers wandering through the detritus of American society filming a documentary, laughing at the coughing, dying old people who shriek and try to lunge at them

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/airreeulll/status/1238888386838003713?s=21

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I gotta admit in the past when I've talked poo poo about electoralism not being viable I had not considered a scenario where everyone over 60 dies.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

looking forward to 50-100% daily growth as testing ramps up lol

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

robot roll call posted:

we were all having a laugh a month ago but religiously checking this thread allowed me to stock up a few days before the rest of the county flipped their poo poo at the same time

:same:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ok folks it is confirmed we are living in the End Times. the four horsemen bout to do it

The best part of this tweet is he's panicking and trying to hide all the replies that point out this is a Photoshop he stole.

Whether he's joking or trolling or not I dunno bc I am an idiot

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

looking forward to 50-100% daily growth as testing ramps up lol
Unless they can roll out widespread testing in the next week, everyone's going to start to realize that the numbers are completely meaningless anyway. The actual infections are already doubling every 4-5 days and the official numbers are orders of magnitude off, so even daily 100% growth in the official numbers will take a while to catch up.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ahhh you think corona is your ally. you merely adopted the virus, I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a doctor until I was already a man by then it was nothing but a co-payment.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

My husband just came back from grocery shop, saying that the bean section was cleaned out except for the limas (duh) and two bags of black-eyed peas.

He did not buy the black-eyed peas. Divorce or murder? I mean, drat it, I didn't even get Hoppin' John this year because we were traveling.

Manual labor as penance

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boomer? i hardly knew 'er!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

send him back to the bean mines

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

owned bitch

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Popoto posted:

america is loving doomed to be italy 2.0

loving lol

What?
I can still find pasta at the supermarket, lmao.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/TedFriendlyGuy/status/1238840011476393984

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

just post your address online and let people come over and buy some :)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

honestly I just start a new sim city at this point

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/profmusgrave/status/1238894928073232384

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

This thread prompted me to order a mask way back in January for a business trip I took in mid February.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

black eyed peas own, definitely murder

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

facetoucher cat posted:

Manual labor as penance
He's planning on doing Chinese-style hotpot for supper, so I guess I'll have to keep him.

FTR, my husband is awesome in the extreme, it's just sometimes you gotta vent. I've been married 39 years, which is 37 of the happiest years of my life.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

What did you guys say about people advertising on social media their couponing hauls?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

That means we have 5 days until panicky crackers figure out that ethnic food stores exist and they psych themselves up to go into a carniceria or korean market.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazypoops posted:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

That means we have 5 days until panicky crackers figure out that ethnic food stores exist and they psych themselves up to go into a carniceria or korean market.

the japanese market near me was packed yesterday. still had shitloads of 45 lb bags of rice, tho. fancy rice too.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

just had rice and potatoes

hope I survive

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

are you feeling any better since the hopittal?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what are the best asian market beans

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

whole bunch of americans about to learn what balut is

that's gonna own.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.anasazibeans.com

how is no one talking about the beans of the ancient ones?
let the resurrection of this bean give you life

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk posted:

mung/adzuki are solid, you can do a lot with them, make a good paste you can use in a lot of other dishes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Saucer Hovers posted:

are you feeling any better since the hopittal?

Yep. Lots of fluids and drugs. loving dieting nearly fried my think meat.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Bergamo, 47 years old red cross volunteer dead in a day and half.. He did not have symptoms, he was healthy and he kept using protective equipment.

Maybe Prester Jane was right? :tinfoil:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

broke: panic buying beans in bulk at the store to survive for maybe a month before dying in the Food Riots of 2020

woke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMZttDZLNds

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Crazypoops posted:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

gently caress you LOL if your beans arent in burlap how you gonna make depression clothes with scraps of plastic

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yep. Lots of fluids and drugs. loving dieting nearly fried my think meat.
you get the boomer bane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

all i could get from mine was a bag of black beans and a bag of black eyed peas but those are pro tier foods so im not mad about it