Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
What's Joe Lieberman up to? If we're gonna have an awful ticket let's not half-rear end it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If we're gonna have an awful ticket let's not half-rear end it

Is there anyone in the world whiter, older and more senile than Biden

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/KamVTV/status/1238300828693417984?s=20
Biden will not defeat Donald Trump

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Golly gee we'd do anything to get you to vote for endorse us

maybe he can offer to bomb some Palestinians next

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Biden/Kissinger 2020

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

V. Illych L. posted:

Biden/Kissinger 2020

now we're talking!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

Biden/Kissinger 2020

Thankfully unconstitutional.

Wanna know how I know?

Hilldawg didn't pick him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

V. Illych L. posted:

Biden/Kissinger 2020

Ah, appealing to groups that were alienated under the Obama administration by moderating Biden's immigration stance. Smart move.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

At least she'll be honest for once haha

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

Biden/Kissinger 2020

:getin:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Unoriginal Name posted:

Golly gee we'd do anything to get you to vote for endorse us

maybe he can offer to bomb some Palestinians next

He’s going to do that regardless since it’s the DNC’s official stance to keep AIPAC money flowing

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

It's going to be great that warren stans are going to use this to argue that Warren can get things done, ignoring that the only reason this is taking place is because Bernie is still in the race, and that making it into the platform isn't actually getting things done.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

does this new bankruptcy plan let me discharge student debt that way?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what even is warren’s plan since she never loving talked about it for some reason

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Wait hold up does that mean what they said about the town hall restarting was true?

What else did he say then?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Hellblazer187 posted:

does this new bankruptcy plan let me discharge student debt that way?

Yes.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
And it will promptly be 'negotiated' out of the final bill.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I mean if that passes that is a life saver for me. I'd take it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Hellblazer187 posted:

I mean if that passes that is a life saver for me. I'd take it.

I don’t think you should have to declare bankruptcy for that, considering what it would likely do to your credit.

drawkcab si eman ym
Jan 2, 2006

Great general-election proposition that has a chance of going through even if the Senate Dems get to 50. Also, a great way to consolidate Sanders' base & hopefully end the Never Biden movement.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
or............................ we could just forgive all student debt........................

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

There are going to be armies of old people walking to polling locations to sacrifice themselves in order to nominate Biden. They know the risks, but there are some things in this world worth dying for. When they close their eyes, they can imagine Biden stumbling through the halls of the White House, chasing the specter of Corn Pop that only he sees. As long as they can ensure that their children and grandchildren can continue to live in a world where this vision becomes reality, they can die in peace.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carew posted:

or............................ we could just forgive all student debt........................

With what? The 1.5 trillion Trump just injected into the markets?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

Also, a great way to consolidate Sanders' base & hopefully end the Never Biden movement.

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

libs need to realize we don’t trust them at all and only Bernie has shown himself worthy of our trust for the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ah5xJz6ZU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Great general-election proposition that has a chance of going through even if the Senate Dems get to 50. Also, a great way to consolidate Sanders' base & hopefully end the Never Biden movement.

Yeah, I am sure that the "senator from MBNA" and the former candidate who literally never ever mentioned her bankruptcy bill in debates or interviews are not only sincere, but completely dedicated to passing this bill. This is not at all a plan by a consultant who thinks this will improve Biden's standing with the young.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "now you can declare bankruptcy to get out of your student loans!" is going to rally a ton of voters against Biden. gently caress, my student loans are paid off and that still feels like a huge middle finger pointed in my direction.

edit- It's funny, because a lot of people aren't going to get that making student loan debt non-dischargeable was bad, but making it dischargable again is also bad if that's your solution to the current crisis.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 14, 2020

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Paradoxish posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "now you can declare bankruptcy to get out of your student loans!" is going to rally a ton of voters against Biden. gently caress, my student loans are paid off and that still feels like a huge middle finger pointed in my direction.

If you paid off your student loans, you didn't need to declare bankruptcy. Bankruptcy and having poo poo credit also really loving sucks. If you feel like this is a big middle finger pointed in your direction you're kind of an rear end in a top hat ino.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Gonna be a ton of Never Biden.

I don't want Trump to win but Biden is flat out not offering anything over him to earn a vote.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Paradoxish posted:

edit- It's funny, because a lot of people aren't going to get that making student loan debt non-dischargeable was bad, but making it dischargable again is also bad if that's your solution to the current crisis.

I went with the smart option. I became mentally ill and eventually unemployable. After finally clawing my way onto disability over a few years, I only had to wait five years for my student debt to get forgiven. IT’S THAT EASY FOLKS!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Most delusional sentiment I've read all week.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Pvt.Scott posted:

I went with the smart option. I became mentally ill and eventually unemployable. After finally clawing my way onto disability over a few years, I only had to wait five years for my student debt to get forgiven. IT’S THAT EASY FOLKS!

"One weird trick! - bankers hate hierm for it."

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Bidens campaign hasn't proven they will be able to triangulate anything and I have no idea why so many posters suddenly assume they will now. It's riding purely on media hype, obama nostalgia, and phone calls to eliminate is competition. That's it, but the media is probably his biggest ally and he is one bad gaff away from torpedoing his campaign on live TV.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Voted today and stopped to talk to the Biden supporter set up holding a sign in front of the polling location to ask what it was about Biden that inspired his support. He told me that he believed the only hope in America to get things done is to earn the respect of Republicans with a honorable moderate like Joe. He felt Joe would make a lot of friends and inspire republicans to work with him by earning their respect though his convictions and strength of character. The country would be healed and we'd see an end to the partisan divide that's giving him conflict with his next door neighbor.

I might be in the wrong dimension.

GoLambo posted:

Bidens campaign hasn't proven they will be able to triangulate anything and I have no idea why so many posters suddenly assume they will now. It's riding purely on media hype, obama nostalgia, and phone calls to eliminate is competition. That's it, but the media is probably his biggest ally and he is one bad gaff away from torpedoing his campaign on live TV.

Doesn't he have a new campaign manager?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Can't wait to see whether Trump or Biden will drop the hard-r during the debates.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Bernie 2020 National Volunteer Call (5:30PM ET)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANjjifCqNp8

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I agree I shouldn't have to declare bankruptcy but I hace six figures of debt, I'll take any out that is offered to me. It would be worth the hit on my credit as I will never own anything anyways.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Just have everyone declare school loan based bankruptcy and see what happens when the banks lose an entire generation worth of customers.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

FilthyImp posted:

Just have everyone declare school loan based bankruptcy and see what happens when the banks lose an entire generation worth of customers.

Seriously "oh forgiving the debt would be too disruptive, what if instead we just asked 40 million people to all declare bankruptcy at the same time"

and then of course everyone going forward will just have seven years of bad credit baked into their education plans, since you know they won't actually do anything substantial to address rising education costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

With what? The 1.5 trillion Trump just injected into the markets?

I mean the 1.5 trillion is basically fake money though, and is not being injected into the "market" really. It's basically a short 1-3 month loan to help banks purchase repos from each other. It wont actually cost any taxpayer money and it will have no impact on inflation. It's not at all comparable to the government coming up with 1.5 trillion to spend on student loans or healthcare.

https://theweek.com/articles/901853/feds-15-trillion-intervention-explained