Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Morneau: stimulate my lower middle-class "wallet", thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DariusLikewise posted:

manitoba passed limited raise legislation 5 years ago and it's still in effect

Somebody should probably get on that, as I understand there is some action winding it's way through the courts in Ontario.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/neonwario/status/1238474153105199105?s=21

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

priznat posted:

shameful I had to find out about this tweet in the trump lol thread and not the :canada: thread, man Ed sucks

I'm not smart on this stuff by any means, but what's the benefit over doing it yourself instead of getting data/cultures from someone else? A few other countries have already claimed to do so already (China, India, Japan, USA).

Dreylad posted:

Yeah I don't think there's any way we could actually close the southern border even if we wanted to :rip:

build the wall motherfuckers.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:mmmhmm:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I can get behind this

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i heard A&W is good these days

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's not, but it's fine.

i dunno, maybe the chicken or something is good, the rest of it is on par with about any other fast food burger.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The best I can say for it is that it's consistently fresh and has diet root beer, which is god's chosen beverage. The downside is that the burgers are a bit too salty.

loving coop discontinued their coop gold diet root beer I'm pissed about that.

e. Honestly 90% of the reason I go to A&W when I do is that it's on the easy side of the road when I'm going home.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
around here they're all 24 hours and do all-day breakfast, which in this immediate area isn't really that impressive, but i can imagine a lot of places that'd be handy

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Dreylad posted:

i heard A&W is good these days

The beyond burger is really good. Too bad it's so expensive.

They also tend to have a lot of olds bitching about "those entitled millenials", so if you have to work while you have coronavirus, it's a good place to go for lunch.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Even as fast food corporations go, A&W's union-busting is noticeably lovely

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Nationalize A&W and dispense beyond meat burgers to all

A&W understands that putting ice in soda is dumb so I put them above McDonald's atleast

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
if A&W discontinues the use of glass mugs for dining in with virus fears I will be very sad :(

When dining in all the wrapping etc is totally compostable which is kinda nice. with the big mugs you don’t need one of those (frankly terrible) paper straws either.

also teen/mozza/uncle burgers are the best out of any of the major chains hands down it’s not even close.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
coronaw

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/ledrapeaurouge/status/1238846543987425281?s=21

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
This could actually be good if the BC liberals make enough of a stink about it people might tune them out permanently.

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008
i had no idea how few beds per 1,000 people Ontario has, and in the report i read they were touting the system's "efficiency"

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

crispyseaweed posted:

i had no idea how few beds per 1,000 people Ontario has, and in the report i read they were touting the system's "efficiency"

20 years of austerity baby

if there was justice in this world we'd be locking up everyone from the previous liberal and conservative governments all the way back to Mike Harris

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah but what are the numbers on hallways/1,000?

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Dreylad posted:

20 years of austerity baby

if there was justice in this world we'd be locking up everyone from the previous liberal and conservative governments all the way back to Mike Harris

Bob Rae too

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Is Alberta actually only testing travellers or is that just reddit hearsay?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

blatman posted:

knew someone who came back from China two weeks ago into Calgary and they didn’t get tested for poo poo, kenney isn’t doing squat

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

crispyseaweed posted:

Hahaaaaa :suicide:

So there was a report first six months of last year looking at the capacity of hospitals in Ontario. Of the 169 hospital sites surveyed
- 83 were above 100% for more than 30 days
- 40 averaged 100%+ over that entire time period
- The top 9 worst hit places were over 100% at least 167 of the 181 days, topped by Richmond Hill Hospital with an astounding 179

It goes on to say the second half of the year is at least as bad or worse, given anecdotes from some of the sites. Government hasn't moved on helping this and we're so woefully unprepared once Covid-19 goes exponential here in this province.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

looking forward to seeing the jit-icu beds experiment fail spectacularly.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sage Grimm posted:

So there was a report first six months of last year looking at the capacity of hospitals in Ontario. Of the 169 hospital sites surveyed
- The top 9 worst hit places were over 100% at least 167 of the 181 days, topped by Richmond Hill Hospital with an astounding 179

It goes on to say the second half of the year is at least as bad or worse, given anecdotes from some of the sites. Government hasn't moved on helping this and we're so woefully unprepared once Covid-19 goes exponential here in this province.

oh yeah there are other people who might need to use the hospital while this is going on oh gently caress

I guess MLSE isn't using Scotiabank arena right now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/shackle_ton/status/1238351664219697152

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

vyelkin posted:

I mean really the big thing for Canada is that the virus is almost certainly spreading unchecked through the US right now and the massive amount of daily cross-border traffic means Canada should expect to get slammed as a result.

we should shut it down until we can figure out what's going on

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

who knew that three decades of austerity meant reduced capacity for government services, wow what a shock no one could have predicted this

what we need to do to solve this problem is cut the health budget and probably close some hospitals

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

vyelkin posted:

who knew that three decades of austerity meant reduced capacity for government services, wow what a shock no one could have predicted this

what we need to do to solve this problem is cut the health budget and probably close some hospitals

don't stop now, i'm almost there. maybe throw around tidbits like "margaret thatcher had the right idea"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jan posted:

don't stop now, i'm almost there. maybe throw around tidbits like "margaret thatcher had the right idea"

with soundbites like that you should run for leadership of the NDP

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

blatman posted:

Schools will be open here too, just fyi.

Though to be fair, if NYC is keeping them open....

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Bilirubin posted:

I know it's lower mainland but...the Abbotsford crossing should be doing screening/testing at the very least. Dunno anything about Ontario border-towns, but them too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Build the wall!

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

Dreylad posted:

oh yeah there are other people who might need to use the hospital while this is going on oh gently caress

I guess MLSE isn't using Scotiabank arena right now

thank god the Skydome has a retractable roof lol

edit: maybe "hallway medicine" doesn't describe the situation the way your average voter would understand it. it sounds more like getting Robitussin in the waiting area. someone call frank luntz

crispyseaweed has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Mar 14, 2020

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
When you were partying, I was buying toilet paper. When you were having premarital sex, I was buying toilet paper. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I was buying toilet paper. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

crispyseaweed posted:

thank god the Skydome has a retractable roof lol

edit: maybe "hallway medicine" doesn't describe the situation the way your average voter would understand it. it sounds more like getting Robitussin in the waiting area. someone call frank luntz

I heard the skydome was actually just a death camp where they send the people not important enough to die in a hospital hallway :colbert:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

vyelkin posted:

When you were partying, I was buying toilet paper. When you were having premarital sex, I was buying toilet paper. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I was buying toilet paper. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

HOARDERS RISE UP!

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

If they are traitors can we execute them?