Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is there a reason I should keep any level 30 that's in my stash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Morter posted:

If you’re going to make a second character, but that’s about it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Morter posted:

They've teased that upgrade blueprints for level 40 may come in the future.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

tweet my meat posted:

I knocked it out after a few shots of vodka and a switch over to a hardwired build so i could oxidizer chem launcher the armor off, it hits all the pieces equally so that made it more consistent, though i did have to kite him around for a while.

I got the specialization unlocked and now I can finally sleep.

Not how I would have done it, but good to know it worked for you!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just requested to join Hot Dogs, just switched over to PC from Xbone, gonna play shootin' and lootin' in the lower levels for now.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Arsonide posted:

So I've done Roosevelt Island on Challenging and on Hard...and the first time I did it I got credit for both the Manhunt and the Weekly, but it is not giving me credit for doing the Daily, which says to do Roosevelt Island on Hard or above. Do I need to sacrifice a loving goat or something? I don't get much time to play so this is very irritating, not to mention it keeps resetting my Manhunt progress so I can't get anywhere with that.

Dude I ran that loving Island over 4 times last night and still no creds.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I had a hard time doing the basilisk Gunner unlock as well, in the end I used a spas 12. It has a surprisingly small spread when aiming down sights and it does a ton of damage per shot allowing you to be more picky about when you shoot to avoid hitting the wrong armor. Still a pain in the rear end but very doable. I was also an idiot and did it on challenging because I didn't want to reset manhunt progress.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 14, 2020

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Got Neptune last night. Now to wait until next next week!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I had a hard time doing the basilisk Gunner unlock as well, in the end I used a spas 12. It has a surprisingly small spread when aiming down sights and it does a ton of damage per shot allowing you to be more picky about when you shoot to avoid hitting the wrong armor. Still a pain in the rear end but very doable. I was also an idiot and did it on challenging because I didn't want to reset manhunt progress.

It's really not that hard if you use a pistol. Just grab something that hits hard but accurately. The revolver you get with the demo spec works well. Just plink each piece and roll out of the way when he comes to take a swing at you. I hosed it up once but second time around I managed to get him armor-less without damaging his health at all.

Oh, and if you screw up enough and get him to a sliver of health just let him kill you and respawn.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So what do you do to un-stall a control point takeover? Its stuck at defend control point but no mobs spawning to attack, lol.

Also, matchmaking broken again?

Peechka fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 14, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Peechka posted:

So what do you do to un-stall a control point takeover? Its stuck at defend control point but no mobs spawning to attack, lol.

I've noticed quite a few control points are really fucky right now - typically you have to search the entire area to find the enemies that are standing there staring into space because their 'go attack' script never triggered or whatever. Often times they'll let you walk up on them too and wont react until you fire.

I've had a few bounties now that are completely broken like one where I was trying to kill a riker named jailbait and I couldn't get to him because of an elevator apparently being broken and not letting me hit the button. I couldn't find any posts about it anywhere else but I searched the entire nearby map and couldn't find another way down to the basement of that building and the non interact-able but powered elevator bugging out is my only guess.

I hadn't run into any bugs until the most recent maintenance but today they've been pretty frequent.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Peechka posted:

You can either try checking out the fringes when the enemies could spawn or fast travel away and back. I've had enemies spawn in but were in a passive state so they weren't coming towards the CP. They didn't show on the radar either until I was practically on top of them. If you fast travel away then the CP won't come under friendly control until you come back.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Peechka posted:

Equip basic Pulse and run to the highlighted stuck idiots. Not sure about matchmaking.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Peechka posted:

The time that happened to me and nothing showed on pulse I just quit and relaunched. Had to re do the point but it worked after that.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So I relogged, went to the same control point, cleared it and same thing happened. Also tried matchmaking for groups, it puts me into groups, but not in instance. It shows the group members being all in white house. I think this game is broken right now.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 14, 2020

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Shoren posted:

You can either try checking out the fringes when the enemies could spawn or fast travel away and back. I've had enemies spawn in but were in a passive state so they weren't coming towards the CP. They didn't show on the radar either until I was practically on top of them. If you fast travel away then the CP won't come under friendly control until you come back.

Yeah thats pretty much what happened. Looked around and found them, killed them, died a few times, but managed to take the point after that.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

So i want to get my nemesis back, I've got my GS490 one in the stash and the upgrade blueprint thing but I still need 1 "exotic component" to drop before I can do it.
Where would be a good place to see those drop?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

You get exotic components from dismantling exotics. They dont drop from anywhere.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Does the Damage to Armor stat apply when you're shooting armor plates, like on a minigun or hammer chungus, or only to the armor pips on yellow and purple enemies' health bars?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Roman posted:

You get exotic components from dismantling exotics. They dont drop from anywhere.

Is there somewhere you're more likely to get an Exotic to farm for components?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Hulk Krogan posted:

Does the Damage to Armor stat apply when you're shooting armor plates, like on a minigun or hammer chungus, or only to the armor pips on yellow and purple enemies' health bars?

The latter

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Roman posted:

Thanks, the upgrade only brought it up to level 30. gently caress. Now I gotta do all that again for a level 40.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Just requested to join Hot Dogs, just switched over to PC from Xbone, gonna play shootin' and lootin' in the lower levels for now.

Gotcha in but please join discord too. Since there clan limits, this is how we all talk, chill and play together when we need help. That goes for all you coronavirus fighters out there who are not quarantining your division agents.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ICR posted:

Gotcha in but please join discord too. Since there clan limits, this is how we all talk, chill and play together when we need help. That goes for all you coronavirus fighters out there who are not quarantining your division agents.

Thanks, will do next time I log on

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone else noticed the damage on their weapons just randomly fluctuating in the items menu?

I just got an assault rifle drop that I thought was amazing because the damage was so high, looked at it when it dropped and it was one damage value - then when I went to equip it like 15 seconds later the damage was much lower. There seems to be no rhyme or reason numbers are just going up and down randomly.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has anyone else noticed the damage on their weapons just randomly fluctuating in the items menu?

I just got an assault rifle drop that I thought was amazing because the damage was so high, looked at it when it dropped and it was one damage value - then when I went to equip it like 15 seconds later the damage was much lower. There seems to be no rhyme or reason numbers are just going up and down randomly.

Are you using talents that boost weapon damage like optimist on weapons and things like that? Some old UI bugs used to do that.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
There seems to be a bug that when you choose an Attribute to re calibrate, it pulls up the Core Attribute instead.
Was too afraid on losing the max core to try it though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

nerdz posted:

Are you using talents that boost weapon damage like optimist on weapons and things like that? Some old UI bugs used to do that.

I'll have to look my talents over but I don't know that any were active as I had been out of combat for some time by that point. Just really weird damage readings off and on even when in areas where you can't draw your weapon like safe houses.

Tesla Was Robbed
Oct 4, 2002
I AM A LIAR

OgNar posted:

There seems to be a bug that when you choose an Attribute to re calibrate, it pulls up the Core Attribute instead.
Was too afraid on losing the max core to try it though.

It will recal the one you choose even though the core is e one listed on that screen. It’s unnerving the first time and I’m still checking that I chose the right thing occasionally

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hulk Krogan posted:

Applies to all instances of armor. e: Wrong about DTA applying to skills I guess.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'll have to look my talents over but I don't know that any were active as I had been out of combat for some time by that point. Just really weird damage readings off and on even when in areas where you can't draw your weapon like safe houses.

Are you using the talent Companion? It gives a bonus to damage while being near any allies or friendly skills, and it always procs when you're inside a safezone since all the vendors and poo poo are technically allies.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 15, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m gonna do some IRL JTF type stuff in a week or so. Hopefully I don’t end up as Occupation: EMT (Deceased) in an ECHO in a few weeks.

I am seriously going to be working 3 day shifts for an NY Hudson Valley ambulance agency in a week or two, though, which kind of creeps me out. Gonna be playing on my laptop from time to time- how is this on unsteady connections for solo/duos? Any players up for playing with someone who might have to drop suddenly?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Be sure to leave some audio logs while you're out there.

I'm pretty sure it works just fine with bad connection if you're solo, though it might be kinda hard to duo.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

tweet my meat posted:

Be sure to leave some audio logs while you're out there.

I'm pretty sure it works just fine with bad connection if you're solo, though it might be kinda hard to duo.

Gonna have a weird tape recorder always running and leave voicemails for some weird reason.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

ICR posted:

Do the PS4 players use Discord too?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

cage-free egghead posted:

Do the PS4 players use Discord too?

We have some yes. I don’t think to talk in voice, but chat and to set up some invites and stuff, yes!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The True Patriot/Tardigrade tank build feels so good right now. I'm always near the bottom in terms of damage and kills if my team is any good, but for about 10 straight missions I've topped the charts in terms of revives with the shield/reviver combo and the tardigrade effect goes a long way towards keeping your team alive. I just need a good Ceska mask and some better crit chance rolls on my gear to start getting my crit chance to a respectable number so I can start hitting more reliable crits and my build will be pretty optimal. I might go for a bullet king, but my quiet roar stoner lmg with over 300 mag size does the trick pretty well.

It's amazing in solo and even better in groups, plus it has a fun gimmick that reminds me of pre update A&8's builds with the various effects that you get just for shooting enemies like normal, and the fireworks explosion effect adds a fun visual flair to top the whole thing off.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
What AR should I put a 15% AR Damage bonus (the max) on? What makes a good AR roll these days? (Can this new Library thing be used to transfer the same trait more than once? Is that how this works? It's new and I'm scared to touch it lest I lose my roll.)

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Kesper North posted:

What AR should I put a 15% AR Damage bonus (the max) on? What makes a good AR roll these days? (Can this new Library thing be used to transfer the same trait more than once? Is that how this works? It's new and I'm scared to touch it lest I lose my roll.)

You can change 1 attribute per item, whether it be a core attribute, regular attribute or talent.
e: or mod slot.
But you can change it multiple times. If need be. But once something has change, only THAT can be changed again
e2: also, once an attribute has been pulled off, it can be added to as many of that same item as you want.
So if you pulled a +15% damage off of an AR, you can add it to all your ARs

OgNar fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 15, 2020

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

OgNar posted:

You can change 1 attribute per item, whether it be a core attribute, regular attribute or talent.
e: or mod slot.
But you can change it multiple times. If need be. But once something has change, only THAT can be changed again
e2: also, once an attribute has been pulled off, it can be added to as many of that same item as you want.
So if you pulled a +15% damage off of an AR, you can add it to all your ARs

Right, awesome, that's what I was hoping, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've played with a handful of randoms with dedicated healer builds that had super lovely dps and were super squishy, but god drat if they don't make missions go smoothly despite that. The tank/heals/dps trio is alive and well.

A max tier restorer hive from someone with a bunch of repair skills attributes is one of the biggest boons a team can have on harder difficulties. Combine that with a tank support build like my patriot tardigrade build that regularly racks up double digit revives and a couple of strong dps builds and you can take on absolutely anything without wiping.