Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Old Boot posted:

That sort of thing is going to happen, and it's going to stand out. I don't think it'll be seen as the norm, even if it's good to keep in mind that, yeah, it's not just Olds that this thing takes out.

Exactly. Anyone else have any friends or family that work in hospitals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My aunt is head nurse for an oncology ward at a Kaiser outside SF. I'm scared for her because I know she's gonna go way above and beyond for her nurses and patients.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
My folks are friends with a heart transplant surgeon named Dr. Love.

ps for frayed nerves:
https://twitter.com/Samphrakhun/status/1238420425228632065

EDIT:

sharknado slashfic posted:

I mean the .1% has to come from somewhere but that is a bit jarring.

As someone who just turned 39, I agree. :| That post was as much for my sake as anyone else's.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 14, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/MJ_Cruickshank/status/1238917637167595520

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Real talk: Charlie Booker’s Dead Set, about the cast of a Big Brother house during the zombie apocalypse, was a pretty fun miniseries.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Old Boot posted:

My folks are friends with a heart transplant surgeon named Dr. Love.

ps for frayed nerves:
https://twitter.com/Samphrakhun/status/1238420425228632065

EDIT:

As someone who just turned 39, I agree. :| That post was as much for my sake as anyone else's.

Hello fellow just turned 39er, nice year we're having so far

Some guy in DnD with family in Iran is saying the coronavirus is running wild and some people are getting symptomatic in the morning and dying the same day which I was sort of ignoring until now.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 14, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

In competition for the worst take on virus preparation:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120280988/the-government-needs-to-step-up-on-coronavirus-before-its-too-late--steven-joyce

quote:

Which brings me to the planned hike in the minimum wage on April 1. It should be cancelled.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Some guy in DnD with family in Iran is saying the coronavirus is running wild and some people are getting symptomatic in the morning and dying the same day which I was sort of ignoring until now.

I think I read somewhere that our response so far was about as effective as Iran's, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Current Event: AAFES opened up commissaries and PX to non-retiree veterans maybe 2-3 weeks ago, and so the Beardo crew has arrived, given that local stores are being overrun. So many beardmans trying to buy TP and booze.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

:(:hf::(

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
If I don't die from this and we get placed in admin leave for a few weeks, I plan to find some football pads, make mad max armor, and ride my klr 250 around town.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Come ride on the ferry road with me

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

I mean the .1% has to come from somewhere but that is a bit jarring.

I have a 7 month old and no matter how many times I look at the statistics for the 0-10 age bracket I can't not be a little scared. We're in the beginning of oak pollen season in Texas and every little cough or sniffle from any of us is getting a lot more attention than it would otherwise.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Stuff opininion pieces are always terrible, nevermind when they're by human shitstains like Steven Joyce.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

This is the best thing that ever involved Joyce

https://youtu.be/s67qsv8ForA

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I think we might end up ok.

https://twitter.com/IvePetThatDog/status/1238948222166589441

Edit: WE WILL DEFINITELY END UP OK

https://twitter.com/AMAZINACE/status/1238930441119379458?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 14, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
When a corgi kills the queen do you think they'll be made the official dog of the IRA

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Milo and POTUS posted:

When a corgi kills the queen do you think they'll be made the official dog of the IRA

they made her give up her pack of corgis :(

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Come ride on the ferry road with me

Lets assemble the warboys and raid the billionare bunkers.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Has anyone figured out why TP is being hoarded and bought?

Is there a concern some part of the TP supply chain dies if imports stop? Are people concerned about lack of water to wash your rear end with if it comes down to it? Is there some thing about pandemics that make tp more valuable than paper towels/tissues? In the event of TP disaster doesn't everyone have at least three copies of the Yellow pages on hand ?

edit: should I be worried that I have like six rolls of TP from the family pack I bought six months ago or so?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Discussion Quorum posted:

I have a 7 month old and no matter how many times I look at the statistics for the 0-10 age bracket I can't not be a little scared. We're in the beginning of oak pollen season in Texas and every little cough or sniffle from any of us is getting a lot more attention than it would otherwise.

I have two little kids and I'm a lot less worried that the corona will get them than that they'll get it from daycare and accidentally kill grandma and grandpa.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

RFC2324 posted:

The IRA?!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

She chose not to get any more so they wouldn't have to see her die

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

She chose not to get any more so they wouldn't have to see her die

Very noble of her

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Defenestrategy posted:

Has anyone figured out why TP is being hoarded and bought?

Is there a concern some part of the TP supply chain dies if imports stop? Are people concerned about lack of water to wash your rear end with if it comes down to it? Is there some thing about pandemics that make tp more valuable than paper towels/tissues? In the event of TP disaster doesn't everyone have at least three copies of the Yellow pages on hand ?

edit: should I be worried that I have like six rolls of TP from the family pack I bought six months ago or so?

Its basically a bank run. Someone panic bought TP, that idea went viral, now the rational thing to do is go out and buy TP before all the idiots hoard it. Which means that the TP starts to run out. Which means...

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

the JJ posted:

Its basically a bank run. Someone panic bought TP, that idea went viral, now the rational thing to do is go out and buy TP before all the idiots hoard it. Which means that the TP starts to run out. Which means...

Is flour the same? Because I went to the store and flour was gone(but not corn mix?)

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Oh good, coronavirus at the place I’ve been visiting every day for the last two weeks.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Two weeks ago, I went to Costco. Partially to stock up on canned goods and dog food, partially because we were completely out of some things, including TP and paper towels. Before I left, I saw a guy pick up two packs of toilet paper, then another guy who had been wheeling his cart nearby walked over and did the same, and then another guy did as well. It’s definitely a social contagion thing.

Once I get home tomorrow, I’m buying a bunch of whiskey and battening down the hatches.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

with that post, people are now going to start posting their drugs hoard, guaranteed.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People are doing the same with ammo. It's getting harder and harder to find 9mm range ammo, just the expensive self-defense and match stuff in limited quantities. 5.56 was on it's way to clearing out at the Bass pro I was in as well.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1238868355664076801?s=20

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CONTAGION

Masque of the Red Death is the superior disease movie anyway.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

with that post, people are now going to start posting their drugs hoard, guaranteed.

Well, we have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Not that we need all that for the quarantine, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

12 Monkeys is my jam.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Stultus Maximus posted:

I have two little kids and I'm a lot less worried that the corona will get them than that they'll get it from daycare and accidentally kill grandma and grandpa.

This is a way more rational thing to worry about but turns out it's hard to be 100% rational about your baby.

He and the wife are visiting my MIL this weekend though, so an evening of Wild Turkey and Rimworld will take the edge off things nicely :cheers:

fake edit: Chuck Tingle owns

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Defenestrategy posted:

Is flour the same? Because I went to the store and flour was gone(but not corn mix?)

TP should be restocked once the (bi?)weekly delivery hits. It's made locally enough at the moment although as long haul trucking forms part of our supply chain I'm a little worried if travel restrictions come in.

I just talked to a friend I went to high school with who is marrying into a family business dealing in grain and assorted dry staples. They started due to celiac disease in the family so they are several steps ahead of others in their sourcing, cleaning storage, supply chain, and tracking.

Since this hit they have gotten large orders from Costco as several parts of the supply chain have frozen and the competition isnt able to move staples (rice) from Asia or guarantee the integrity of their supply chain. There is also panic buying affecting the segment; there is no real permanent shortage at the moment, just a large spike in demand and a hiccup in supply. Normally I would expect this to correct within 1-2 weeks once the supply chain straightens out. If this continues for a length of time and starts affecting ag workers I would definitely start to worry.

Current worries are the supply chain, specifically long haul trucking and travel restrictions, if production continues and inventory levels are adequate (ag workers staying home would be bad), and wondering why the US response should differ from China/SK/Italy.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Well, we have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.

Not that we need all that for the quarantine, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Yo dawg lemme get like 15-20 quarter stacks of e for some primo dog cuddling while the world burns down. I want a good 18 hour roll. Tia.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He didn't need the test, then said he would take it, then the physician said he wouldn't need it, then Trump said he took it, and:

https://twitter.com/nicholaswu12/status/1238968393262346240

Still don't really believe it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Even if he did test positive they'd never say it. The best genes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, there's still time