Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Skwirl posted:

The fact that he's calling Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates Leftists shows there's no reason to vote for a moderate over an actual Leftist in hopes they'll be able to negotiate better with the right.

No member of the Koch family is even center-right. David is dead, Charles (even more of a fascist than David) is running the show, Bill isn’t involved in the family politics but is a classic Thurston Howell type who cares about yachts and antique wines and is still a fascist, just lazy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Does this make me trans? Because I am not cool or sexy or interesting enough to be trans.

But then again, I'm only "so-so" at videogames.

Data Graham posted:

Is it ok if I live entirely off pickles this weekend if I’m a cis man? :ohdear:

welcome to the transfam, your interest in anime should begin manifesting soon. DO NOT under any circumstance allow the birthing fluid to contact a cis person's skin.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Honestly I don’t know if the wokeness points are worth the anime

E: But the pickles, well ...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
i suddenly have strong opinions about nichijou and oh! my goddess

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
RANMAAAAAAAA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kimagure Orange roooooooooaaaaad

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Anime is bad

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I thought the garbage posts you found were supposed to have emojis in them.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MorganPaulett/status/1238910780977930247

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Nichijou isnt anime then.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

HiroProtagonist posted:

It's distressing that this still needs to be explained in 2020 but here we are. This isn't psychology or hypotheticals. It's just math. Literally, pure math.

https://youtu.be/s7tWHJfhiyo

The next person to tell me to "just vote third party" is deserving of a wedgie delivered straight to their face.

It's not "vote third party (if you like them more)" it's "vote third party (instead of not voting)."

One of them has a chance of sending a message to Democrats that they can't loving shove Joe Pro Iraq War Anti Abortion Pro Segregation Anti Health Care Biden at us and expect us to support him just because to do otherwise is to help the Republican version of oh poo poo exactly the same policies, because a worthy enrolled voter showed up and decided to go for literally anyone else.

The other one has you filed under the same label as the guy who forgot it was polling day and the lady who wasn't able to get out to the polling booth in time, both of whom the Democrats apparently think would totally have voted for Joe [...] Biden.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/realkatiejow/status/1238937001463877632
This is AMERICA, you can pry my right to burg from my COLD DEAD HANDS!!! :911:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

Last page. :negative:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gently caress

I mean...you're welcome for providing locally-sourced thread content :smug:

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Hygiene posted:

Guessing loss of tastebuds isn't a sign of corona, Red Robin burgers are so far from flavor they aren't even bland.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Don't you get it, we HAVE TO get together en masse and share germs in this week's protest which is exactly like all the other protests in the past year which haven't actually done jack poo poo.

Because if we acknowledge that there's kind of a plague or something going on, then that means that it kind of almost looks like we're obeying THE MAN. And death is preferable to anything that might be mistaken for obedience! If we acknowledge that microbes exist, then THE BILLIONAIRES WIN.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This thread is a perpetual motion machine of self generating content, we must learn to harness it for the good of the forums.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Voting for third parties in the US has the advantage of giving those parties access to public campaign funds in future elections, if they receive enough votes. So it does in theory accomplish more to vote for a third-party candidate than just to stay home. :shrug:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've told it before; but one year we were under a complete tsunami warning. Anyone who lived too close to the water was being told to evacuate further inland, all the beaches were shut the gently caress down and the roads were being closed quickly too - they didn't want anyone anywhere that wasn't safe for sure. So, as a final drive around to see what was going on me and my friends went out and were treated to an amazing spectacle of this tourist with his family on a beach. The only people on that beach, arguing with a cop about how it was his right as an american to take his family out on this beach and enjoy their vacation. It was a stormy grey day, this man was just being an obstinate rear end in a top hat and I'm surprised the cop didn't forcibly drag him away.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/MrEAnders/status/1239049483754696705

https://twitter.com/MrEAnders/status/1239055965430747141

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Somfin posted:

It's not "vote third party (if you like them more)" it's "vote third party (instead of not voting)."

One of them has a chance of sending a message to Democrats that they can't loving shove Joe Pro Iraq War Anti Abortion Pro Segregation Anti Health Care Biden at us and expect us to support him just because to do otherwise is to help the Republican version of oh poo poo exactly the same policies, because a worthy enrolled voter showed up and decided to go for literally anyone else.

The other one has you filed under the same label as the guy who forgot it was polling day and the lady who wasn't able to get out to the polling booth in time, both of whom the Democrats apparently think would totally have voted for Joe [...] Biden.

Ok I get that you don't like sniffer Joe but you missed the entire point here

There isn't some "message" to be sent

There's nobody that has an interest in hearing it

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Ambitious Spider posted:

For better or worse he works with modern war institute at West Point New York. I remember an npr interview a long while back, where he talked about how they reached out to him because of WWZ, which to be fair is done pretty seriously and not at all like the movie. Still kind of dumb all around

Ah yes the very serious part where a blind samurai master is an ELITE ANTI-ZOMBIE WARRIOR and not at all the author having watched enough anime to confuse it for reality.

Unless I missed your sarcasm, which I hope I did.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I always hate poo poo like this because the "wokeness" part of the equation isn't even in the top 20 things that caused it to get to this point. We have leaders mismanaging a pandemic, institutionalized lies, corporate strangeholds on personal lives, media-fueled class infighting, capitalism restructuring our loving brains to a fundamental level, antiunion lobbying forcing workers to get hosed over, republican legislation grinding people like this under the heel of a boot. Some dipshit on twitter going "well I'm not boycotting bars during the COVID scare, that's classism" doesn't even loving register on the scale at this point.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

gently caress off with that Trump namecalling poo poo, Biden is a terrible enough human being on his own without resorting to that

And if you go in and vote third party you can also do the downticket races, if you stay home the folks who actually need your support most get nothing

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

This is a staggeringly bad take. It actually hurts my brain.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/adamgoodell/status/921549793704394752
(this is not an IoSM tweet, but it sprang to mind)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't care how old you are, if you think going to Red Robin is exciting enough to risk spreading a terrible illness, you're a loving boomer.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The name brings to mind Rhod Gilbert's talk about the infamous Red Hen restaurant in England: Not just poo poo, mesmerisingly poo poo, like "Whimpy with herpes" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISBXYQpvAaM

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PurpleXVI posted:

Ah yes the very serious part where a blind samurai master is an ELITE ANTI-ZOMBIE WARRIOR and not at all the author having watched enough anime to confuse it for reality.

Unless I missed your sarcasm, which I hope I did.

Wasn’t being sarcastic, meant to refer to spread of the zombie disease which iirc he did a lot of pandemic research for. Should have added a giant “relatively” there

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BioEnchanted posted:

The name brings to mind Rhod Gilbert's talk about the infamous Red Hen restaurant in England: Not just poo poo, mesmerisingly poo poo, like "Whimpy with herpes" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISBXYQpvAaM

Red Robin isn't a shithole, it's just incredibly bland and dumb. It's hard to explain if you aren't familiar with American chain restaurants that aren't fast food. It is to burgers what Olive Garden is to Italian food and Red Lobster is to sea food.

Have you seen Office Space? It's basicaly the restaurant Jennifer Aniston works at in the beginning of the movie except you're only required to wear half as much flair and none of the managers care enough to actually count how much flair you have.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HiroProtagonist posted:

It's distressing that this still needs to be explained in 2020 but here we are. This isn't psychology or hypotheticals. It's just math. Literally, pure math.

https://youtu.be/s7tWHJfhiyo

The next person to tell me to "just vote third party" is deserving of a wedgie delivered straight to their face.
You're badly misunderstanding me.

The person I was replying to said that if they're stuck between Biden and Trump then they won't bother voting. If you have a preference between senile old man number one and senile old man number two, obviously go vote for one or the other. One of them is going to win no matter what. But if, like the person I replied to, you're planning to not use your vote anyway and genuinely don't care which one wins, voting outside the two parties is a more visible "I hate both of you" than just staying home, even though it will have no actual impact on the result assuming, again, you weren't planning to bother voting anyway.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 11:58 on Mar 15, 2020

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So who does a person like this trust

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

So who does a person like this trust

The regular joes at NASA who told us we could go to the moon. He also remembers D-Day despite being like 40. Impressive stuff.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

I swear, AOC and Bernie could solve so many of America's problems by tweeting "DO NOT shoot yourself in the head."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Good to know that we didn't use any trained military staff to plan World War 2. Those naysaying eggheads woulda lost the whole thing!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Relevant training and experience is the most important thing in the world and such people are the only ones worth listening to

Right up until they tell you something you don't like, at which point you and your common sense become the only things you trust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Skwirl posted:

Red Robin isn't a shithole, it's just incredibly bland and dumb. It's hard to explain if you aren't familiar with American chain restaurants that aren't fast food. It is to burgers what Olive Garden is to Italian food and Red Lobster is to sea food.

Have you seen Office Space? It's basicaly the restaurant Jennifer Aniston works at in the beginning of the movie except you're only required to wear half as much flair and none of the managers care enough to actually count how much flair you have.

Every surface, vertical or horizontal, is a screen with a video, ad, or game and yet music blares over it all. Everything has a full cup of seasoned salt poured directly on it. Nothing contains fewer than seven mixers or toppings; even the sodas can't restrain themselves to mere soda water and syrup. The burgers are overlarge, overcooked, and overseasoned. The servers are desperately friendly to cover the palpable atmosphere of weed-stunted depression they inhabit in the back room. Babies are obese and have milkshakes.