Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1239073665104429056?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Still lolling at this house near me.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Still lolling at this house near me.

Looks like they blocked in an alleyway to build that.

When I was houseshopping I looked at a terrace that was noticeably narrower than its neighbours. Comically the listing described it as an ideal place for a new family. You would only just have been able to fit a double bed into the main bedroom, and there literally wasn't the space to swing a cat in the building.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
A random cat just broke into our house (well, walked in through an open door) and stole some cat food, so now I'm fully expecting our animal overlords to rule the streets once households start running out of petfood.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Answers Me posted:

A random cat just broke into our house (well, walked in through an open door) and stole some cat food, so now I'm fully expecting our animal overlords to rule the streets once households start running out of petfood.

This but cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22JgHBb-0dg

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Also Japanese deer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/lottelydia/status/1239120975972761601?s=20

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Christian side hug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnmTiqEikg

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Answers Me posted:

A local hedgehog stumbles into my kitchen in the evenings and steals my dogs food. She gets so annoyed and stamps her paws at it. It's hilarious.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

justcola posted:

I have it. At first I thought it was just a hangover but I started feeling really cold in my bones whilst my head was getting warm. I've been up all night dry coughing and feel dead achey and just generally hosed. I live in a quite rural area in West Yorkshire and only popped to Manchester last Wednesday (where I'm guessing I picked it up as otherwise I work from home)

Also my girlfriend broke up with me and we live together so that makes all this extra fun (hope she doesn't get it and can still move out asap)

Just going to play Cities Skylines all day and try not to give it to anyone further

Ah that's shite all around, sorry for your troubles friend :(

Hold on what the gently caress, PrEP has helped crash HIV transmission rates through the floor and it wasn't even properly provided here??

Extremely normal country

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Ah that's shite all around, sorry for your troubles friend :(

Hold on what the gently caress, PrEP has helped crash HIV transmission rates through the floor and it wasn't even properly provided here??

Extremely normal country

well you see the tories are in power and they find gay people unpleasant

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Another option is to pick up a PS3. Dirt cheap, an excellent media centre that will outperform the dongles with ease, and can play DVD/Blu-Ray discs.

Actually the PS3 is a much better media centre than the PS4 tbh.

I did this, when my smart-tv broke - got a cheap TV and used the PS3 and PS4 I already had. I found newer Blu-Rays won't play on the 3, and while I was using it my electric bill went up £30 a quarter - I've now gone to a Fire-TV stick and prefer that, although it won't do NowTV.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Flipswitch posted:

A local hedgehog stumbles into my kitchen in the evenings and steals my dogs food. She gets so annoyed and stamps her paws at it. It's hilarious.

It is your duty to film this and post it to the thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/KeejayOV2/status/1239126113898528768?s=20

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It is your duty to film this and post it to the thread

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Ms Adequate posted:

Extremely normal country

yeah. it’s been a mix of people buying from online pharmacies / private care in the UK (after the patent expired anyway and price dropped) / relying on charity / a very limited number of trial places that was effectively impossible to sign up for because so oversubscribed

with no announcement yet of a concrete date for NHS rollout, or what criteria will be used to decide who’s at high enough risk I remain cautious rather than optimistic
not expecting buyer’s regret over the 6 months worth I bought last week

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
What with the universities strike and coronavirus I've been hiding at home for the past two weeks. This has been great since I only moved in at the end of Feb, so I've been mostly unpacking, doing some DIY and now that i have a garden for the first time in my life I've been enjoying all the birds that frequent it. I've been taking photos of them and there are a load of varieties that have been visiting. Figure the thread might want some apocalypse respite so here's a few photos from the past week or two:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Hmm, significantly more than 12 Monkeys there.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

if this chap died of CovID19 it would be good, actually

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
hell yes, these are splendid birbs

please post many more

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Graundiad hot takes! Getcha Graundiad hot takes hear!

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

StarkingBarfish posted:

What with the universities strike and coronavirus I've been hiding at home for the past two weeks. This has been great since I only moved in at the end of Feb, so I've been mostly unpacking, doing some DIY and now that i have a garden for the first time in my life I've been enjoying all the birds that frequent it. I've been taking photos of them and there are a load of varieties that have been visiting. Figure the thread might want some apocalypse respite so here's a few photos from the past week or two:

This is awesome, please post more.

Have you got a nice clean bird bath in your garden yet? We found that this is even more important for attracting hordes of birds than the birdseed. They will get snooty about it if you don't give it a quick scrub to remove algae every now and again though.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

RockyB posted:

Yeah the middle aged are saying that in Number 10 and the elderly are saying it in their own homes.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
I strongly suspect the last child to be called Boris in this country has already been born

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

These people never get their comeuppance

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Prince John posted:

This is awesome, please post more.

Have you got a nice clean bird bath in your garden yet? We found that this is even more important for attracting hordes of birds than the birdseed. They will get snooty about it if you don't give it a quick scrub to remove algae every now and again though.

Thanks! We don't have a bird bath, that's a good idea. We're near a piece of green belt with a stream so I figured they had access to all the water they might need but anything that attracts more of them and keeps them happy I'll be keen to add.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

RockyB posted:

Failed Imagineer posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/chelleryn99/status/1238979916689027074?s=19

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Just went for a run, old people out and about everywhere. I actually yelled at a group of women in their late 60s/early 70s who all stopped to use the public water fountain.

50 years of headlines about the "Blitz Spirit" of a war they never fought in is going to wipe out a generation.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/kirstystricklan/status/1239127792865992706?s=21

Jeeesus.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Hahaha the government really really just didn't know what to do so went with the plan that meant doing nothing but SOUNDED like they were planning something.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
-sigh-

Also going to be enjoying work tomorrow where everyone is going to be panicking and not shaking hands.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1239141173362638849

Poor guy apparently doesn't realise how much of a stooge he is. Please, everyone, take a minute to consider the feelings of lobby journalists in these trying times.

Twitter is very useful for revealing just how much contempt journalists hold for the general public, now that they've got a means of questioning them directly.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I think this is the ideal time to finally be rid of the handshake forever. What would you all like to see it replaced with? I personally quite fancy the sharp teutonic head bow :hai:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

boris must be hating being PM during this lol its not what he signed up for

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

I think this is the ideal time to finally be rid of the handshake forever. What would you all like to see it replaced with? I personally quite fancy the sharp teutonic head bow :hai:

I already bow at people without thinking about it, but the fist bump is pretty good too imo.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

StarkingBarfish posted:

Thanks! We don't have a bird bath, that's a good idea. We're near a piece of green belt with a stream so I figured they had access to all the water they might need but anything that attracts more of them and keeps them happy I'll be keen to add.

If you’re into being bee friendly, the bees will absolutely want fresh water in the warm weather, too

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

crispix posted:

"Hi" with an extremely low effort wave 👋

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

Roman salute/punch to the jaw combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

crispix posted:

Christian side hug.