Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Has Stacy Abrams endorsed yet, I know she's hankering to screw us over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
delayed primaries are good for Bernie imo

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

broke: the virus is an escaped chinese bioweapon
woke: the virus is an american weapon unleashed on china
bespoke: the virus is an israeli bioweapon deployed to target the iranian government, all other infections are collateral damage

I just watched Alex Gibney's Zero Days and now I'm getting big stuxnet vibes

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

smarxist posted:

yeah I agree

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

Has Stacy Abrams endorsed yet, I know she's hankering to screw us over

didnt she endorse bloomberg or start working for bloomberg or something

she sucks

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

0 rows returned posted:

she sucks

she was at that church speech Bloomberg did, sitting next to him when people started standing and turning their backs

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

My prediction for the debate today:

Just as joe Biden is about to make a dementia gaff so strong it destroys his campaign, Bernie starts having chest pains and clutching at himself and they have to go to commercial and cancel the rest...

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

smarxist posted:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:bernget20:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

sut.... da gently caress up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

0 rows returned posted:

she sucks

she was asked how she felt about Bloomberg running and her response came down to "well everyone's entitled to run for President"

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Tom Guycot posted:

My prediction for the debate today:

Just as joe Biden is about to make a dementia gaff so strong it destroys his campaign, Bernie starts having chest pains and clutching at himself and they have to go to commercial and cancel the rest...

This but it actually turns out exactly like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6n1aK0ZSo

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Nastier Nate posted:

bernie's living room is like half the size of mine. that's weird

:guillotine:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Abrams has always sucked and helped gerrymander GA for Rep control

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i wonder if the campaign is going to have more of a response for this, i feel like they need to put something out about it tomorrow

also is bernie on any of the sunday shows? or just the debate

https://twitter.com/chuckrocha/status/1239023015674986498?s=21

there's been some kind of bullshit to quell Bernie support at the booth in every state, this party is lame as hell, now they're trying to kill voters

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can we like, file a lawsuit against the democrats and get their internal communications or some poo poo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

smarxist posted:

can we like, file a lawsuit against the democrats and get their internal communications or some poo poo

The courts have ruled they’re not a government organization so I can’t imagine FOIA applies to them. I don’t see how this would work.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

The courts have ruled they’re not a government organization so I can’t imagine FOIA applies to them. I don’t see how this would work.

gently caress. what are they if they're not a governmental organization? a charity? a private enterprise?

what's their product? what's their responsibility to their consumer?

these ridiculous gray areas have to be erased after this election

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

Vladimir if you are reading this...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

genericnick posted:

Vladimir if you are reading this...

You know Klobb and Mayor Rat dropping out at the same time (white Lyin' Liz) was probably a quid pro quo with the Biden campaign / DNC to take the wind out of Bernie's campaign.

Even more likely given Mayor Rat's job hopping obsession to collect all the right checkmarks.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like if you're going to stand for public office, all of this communication should belong to the public and be on the record

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

smarxist posted:

gently caress. what are they if they're not a governmental organization? a charity? a private enterprise?

It's a corporation op :)

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

smarxist posted:

i feel like if you're going to stand for public office, all of this communication should belong to the public and be on the record

Buh? Wouldn't they face a massive backlash if the communication was public, thereby making them unelectable?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

smarxist posted:

quote:

This is a bit like that. In this case, DNC lawyers argue that they don't owe anyone a fair process, and that the rules in their charter are basically not binding in court. In fact, if they wanted, DNC attorney Bruce Spiva argued, they could choose their nominee in a smoke-filled back room and it still wouldn't be legally actionable. The transcription of the April 25 hearing quotes Spiva as follows:

"[I]f you had a charity where somebody said, Hey, I'm gonna take this money and use it for a specific purpose, X, and they pocketed it and stole the money, of course that's different. But here, where you have a party that's saying, We're gonna, you know, choose our standard bearer, and we're gonna follow these general rules of the road, which we are voluntarily deciding, we could have — and we could have voluntarily decided that, Look, we're gonna go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way. That's not the way it was done. But they could have. And that would have also been their right, and it would drag the Court well into party politics, internal party politics to answer those questions."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

smarxist posted:

the rationale was “they’re a private club”

lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

the only thing that compels the DNC to act in good faith is that they would lose the confidence of voters if it was obviously rigged. there is no legal force to compel them to conduct their elections with any integrity.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

we should be glad if the Democratic Party loses legitimacy in the eyes of voters. means that maybe we can create an alternative, a real labor party in the US or something.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr. Lobe posted:

the only thing that compels the DNC to act in good faith is that they would lose the confidence of voters if it was obviously rigged. there is no legal force to compel them to conduct their elections with any integrity.

It's even more ridiculous than that, there's no legal force to compel them to have elections.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

King of Solomon posted:

It's even more ridiculous than that, there's no legal force to compel them to have elections.

hah yes, I was not trying to imply otherwise

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

King of Solomon posted:

You are wrong. Though it has been overlooked for many years, there is a legal force that has a proud tradition in this particular arena, and I would argue it will be an active part of the civic jurisprudence in the next coming years: mob justice

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

the rationale was “they’re a private club”

lol

it’s a big club and we ain’t in it

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

smarxist posted:

dear baphomet, please give papa bernie the evil energies to go full sicko mode on Joe Biden tonight and to truly make it sting. in your name we pray hail Satan

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

I realize that even if Biden has dementia, he won't be the one calling the shots.

Even then so the fact that the DNC bungled up the Iowa votes so Buttigieg was "tied" with Bernie and coordinated with everyone but Warren for them to drop out and endorse Biden the day before the biggest election day, just to push an ineffective candidate with dementia who will incorporate none of the progressive policies people have asked for is just too much. I'm really considering just voting third party come November if Biden is the nominee.

Lol if you think Warren staying in to split the progressive lane wasn't part of the plan

smarxist posted:

Legally speaking no, but if we could get the ear of a Mar a lago member who really wants to own the libs we could probably get an NSA sourced leak. Unlikely except in a Biden general as Trump is preparing his victory lap tho

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Thanks. I absolutely hate it.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

Lol if you think Warren staying in to split the progressive lane wasn't part of the plan

They made a big deal of Biden tossing her a bone the other day. The next step for her is probably to "unite" the progressive vote again behind him. It's a delicate maneuver, so they're just testing the waters so far.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1239184247522496512?s=19

Pete really speaking from the heart now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RIP Syndrome posted:

They made a big deal of Biden tossing her a bone the other day. The next step for her is probably to "unite" the progressive vote again behind him. It's a delicate maneuver, so they're just testing the waters so far.

Yeah, it's obvious their strategy to defuse the Never Biden poo poo is to get Warren to back him. It wouldn't work and is a gross misreading of what is going on, but it's what they're gonna do because they think "Biden says he would consider considering maybe bringing on board a single proposal from a center left capitalist" will calm the left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Trying to sell me one piece of poo poo by putting another piece of poo poo next to it