Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

I really thought everyone preferred sandets here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
The local normally packed Panda Express was a ghost town the other night. While the two adjacent establishments had a decent dinner crowd. That's cool, just means that sweet orange chicken is mine without any wait. Some people really are avoiding "chinese" food.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The Safeway near me is still stocked fine. They're hidden away on a neighborhood corner surrounded by strip mall garbage, so it's easy to ignore just driving by. They still had all the usual panic food when I went by yesterday.

The Walmart neighborhood market out on Academy though, that place looked like a disaster area, but still had plenty of crap this afternoon. Every pallet coming from the back was going to the pharmacy area though, and those shelves were pretty bare.

The King Soopers near me was nearly cleaned out. I grabbed a few things that were still left, because I usually don't go more than a few days without going to the store, but I feel like I was just contributing to the sense of panic.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Untagged posted:

The local normally packed Panda Express was a ghost town the other night. While the two adjacent establishments had a decent dinner crowd. That's cool, just means that sweet orange chicken is mine without any wait. Some people really are avoiding "chinese" food.

Americans are unfathomably stupid I say for the fifth time in 72 hours

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Target, King Soopers and Sprouts near me were all picked clean of hand sanitizer and a couple other items. I assume it's because some idiots were buying them for resale just like the NYT rear end in a top hat.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

New thread title.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Milo and POTUS posted:

what, did you take the weekend off?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wow gently caress this guy in the rear end

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12316758

quote:

When asked if he was surprised that Reynaud was able to fly into New Zealand while awaiting the test results, Bloomfield said that he was surprised Reynaud flew at all.
"I'm surprised, I'm pretty disappointed actually," he said.
It reiterated the importance of every person showing responsibility and playing their role, Bloomfield said.
"At best, this action has inconvenienced a number of people. At worst, it may well have put people at risk.
"I think you can draw your own conclusions that it wasn't really an appropriate thing to do."

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Not just Americans. Germans are doing the same thing. Chinese restaurants around here are all empty.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Handsome Ralph posted:

We bought a bidet last year and that poo poo is clutchhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Same, op.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

GoGoGadget posted:

Not just Americans. Germans are doing the same thing. Chinese restaurants around here are all empty.

Gonna find me a Chinese restaurant and hunker down there for the rest of this poo poo, until they kick my white rear end out.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Avoiding only Chinese/Japanese/"Asian"/etc. restaurants is dumb, avoiding all restaurants is smart.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Suicide Watch posted:

Their reasoning specifically mentioned bar fights tying up EMS resources. Never change, New Jersey

Come at me, bro!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Come at me, bro!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just a little something to throw in your nearest CHUD's face when we start stacking the bodies in mass graves.

https://twitter.com/AtomicAnalyst/status/994696175575068672

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Tweet of people trying to get to baggage claim and customs in O'Hare. Congratulations, everyone now has COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/BrookeGMcDonald/status/1238986272137502720?s=19

This reminds me of the post 9/11 security bottlenecks that mostly just changed what side of the metal detector the target was on.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Untagged posted:

Oh god, we had a dude at work last week loudly proclaiming he wouldn't be eating any Chinese food because they get their supplies from China and that's one way to get the virus.

I'm thankful some other dude spoke up rather loudly and told him "That's not how viruses transmit, dumbass"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I wake up to a count of 3083 infected. Boy howdy trumpy you sure got this thing in the bag!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

not caring here posted:

I wake up to a count of 3083 infected. Boy howdy trumpy you sure got this thing in the bag!

Number go up!

WRONG NUMBER WRONG DUMBER

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

stealie72 posted:

Tweet of people trying to get to baggage claim and customs in O'Hare. Congratulations, everyone now has COVID-19.

https://twitter.com/BrookeGMcDonald/status/1238986272137502720?s=19

This reminds me of the post 9/11 security bottlenecks that mostly just changed what side of the metal detector the target was on.

I知 about to connect through Chicago and am SO loving grateful I知 going nowhere near the international terminal, nor do I have any checked bags. If I see any carnage I値l post pics here.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bird food bathtub posted:

Just a little something to throw in your nearest CHUD's face when we start stacking the bodies in mass graves.

https://twitter.com/AtomicAnalyst/status/994696175575068672

https://twitter.com/SenSherrodBrown/status/1238571872779935744

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I知 about to connect through Chicago and am SO loving grateful I知 going nowhere near the international terminal, nor do I have any checked bags. If I see any carnage I値l post pics here.

Doesn't matter. Don't touch your face, wash your hands aggressively.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

EBB posted:

Doesn't matter. Don't touch your face, wash your hands aggressively.

Very much doing that, but thank you anyhow. Just glad I知 not going through that huge line and that I値l be back with Lando and my wife soon.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

piL posted:

I really thought everyone preferred sandets here.

I laughed

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Similar crowds at JFK and DFW.
https://twitter.com/vjake20/status/1239001781243457542?s=19

Creating a needless and powerful infection vector because president good brains leaves his dipshit son in law and a little nazi to make his policy, then says random poo poo into a camera anyway.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Flying through O辿are next week. Good times ahead.

I had to pop into River North yesterday. The number of people out for St Patty痴 day was absurd.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JohnFPfaff/status/1239056084335288320?s=19

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1239204553460838400?s=19

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1239209945679171588?s=19

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1239206944067457024?s=19

Just figured I'd provide another two minutes hate. That said, this simulation shows how quarantines kinda suck versus the social isolation we're trying. Much like showing The Curve, it's a really good visual representation. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

bloops posted:

Flying through O辿are next week. Good times ahead.

I had to pop into River North yesterday. The number of people out for St Patty痴 day was absurd.

FWIW, I flew through DFW (where at least one of the viral pics came from) for a domestic connection yesterday, and it was a goddamned ghost town in the A/C terminals. Only the international terminal was a petri dish.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Latest update from the same Doctor EBB posted the other day. Dude does a good job of being serious without the panic.

Archived link in case the linkedin dies: https://web.archive.org/web/2020031...icle-card_title

edit to add money shot:

dubzee fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 15, 2020

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ullerrm posted:

FWIW, I flew through DFW (where at least one of the viral pics came from) for a domestic connection yesterday, and it was a goddamned ghost town in the A/C terminals. Only the international terminal was a petri dish.

I'm genuinely curious to see how empty my flights are next week. I did reach out to my Airbnb host in Moab. He said it's a deserted (heh) there at the moment, so It'll be actually kind of loving nice to have Canyonlands/Arches all to myself.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Why is the moose in Starfleet, and I almost missed that he takes his pants down in the second half. :lol:

V Excellent.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 15, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

Why is the moose in Starfleet, and I almost missed that he takes his pants down in the second half. :lol:

oh are you new to Space Moose? It's an old college Canadian comic. It's nonsensical crude and not in step with our modern times.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

bloops posted:

I'm genuinely curious to see how empty my flights are next week. I did reach out to my Airbnb host in Moab. He said it's a deserted (heh) there at the moment, so It'll be actually kind of loving nice to have Canyonlands/Arches all to myself.

I'm surprised you think flights will still be an option next week. Why are you assuming the US reaction is going to be different than Italy/France/Spain or that our results are going to be any better? Italy let the impending quarantine of the north leak, allowing people to leave before implementation and exacerbating the spread. That could easily happen in the US.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

dubzee posted:

Latest update from the same Doctor EBB posted the other day. Dude does a good job of being serious without the panic.

Archived link in case the linkedin dies: https://web.archive.org/web/2020031...icle-card_title

edit to add money shot:

gently caress

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

lightpole posted:

I'm surprised you think flights will still be an option next week. Why are you assuming the US reaction is going to be different than Italy/France/Spain or that our results are going to be any better? Italy let the impending quarantine of the north leak, allowing people to leave before implementation and exacerbating the spread. That could easily happen in the US.

Based on what I知 seeing I知 assuming our response will be worse than Italy. Therefore I fully expect people will be free to fly next week.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

lightpole posted:

Honestly, I wish they would close airports so that way I can stay home and recoup my money. As it is, I either go and WFH after coming back, or I take a loss of about 1K.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Based on what I’m seeing I’m assuming our response will be worse than Italy. Therefore I fully expect people will be free to fly next week.

I am assuming state/local governments again take the lead with patchwork isolation and people escaping them and driving the spread as in Italy until the federal government steps in.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Please stop traveling you dumbasses

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I still am amazed part of the nation believes this is overblown and they should do whatever they want, but also that they must hoarde supplies because mass panic will ensue and they must be ready.

We have seen this kind of double talk so many times in history yet it always loving works as long as people are full of fear and hate instead of empathy. Geez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I bought 2-3 weeks worth of stuff. If you buy for longer than a month then I think you池e unnecessarily taking from other people. In a perfect world we could all stock up for infinity but we live on earth and I live in the U.S., so...