Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Changes to Kitana look pretty good, not being able to break fanado is a significant buff. I’m also happy they finally fixed Jade’s kick KB and being able to hit confirm from any part of her B2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Lozareth posted:

Wonder how/what augments got fixed. WIll I still do 10,000 damage fatal blows on D'vorah or 2000 damage kombos on Baraka? Why do they care?

They probably care because of AI Battle balance.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Any chance the new forge recipes are gear?

Because I've realized at least 75% of this game is that I obsess about collectibles and making Kano , The Terminator et al. look pretty. I still haven't even tried playing against another person, online or otherwise.

Stop Judging Me.

I haven't either. There's so much drat single player content in this game that I just haven't gotten around to multiplayer. Plus I'm such trash at fighting games that I always get completely demolished. :sigh:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

SonicFox is the absolute best thing about Netherrealm fighting games.

At this point Netherrealm might as well just add him in as a character in the kombat pack.

Would be a lot more entertaining than other joke characters like Mocap or Meat.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Spawn stream starting up now.

e: Forward throw has a KB when Spawn's back is to a wall.

e2: War Klub special move breaks breakaway.

e3: One of his abilities is a buff that either gives him FB early for less damage, or more damage on normal FB.

e4: Tourney variation one is GUNZ!!! Anti-air and low parry. Also divekickkape

e5: Variation 2: shoulder charge with amplify pop-up; cape glide (can be done twice in a row, DB2)

e6: Variation 3: chain stance; ground chain (full screen); command chain grab (amplify is invisibility; when invisible takes 20% more damage + deals 20% less damage)

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 11, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Spawn seems interesting. I wasn't expecting a guest character to be so mindgames-heavy but many of his KB requirements and specials seem very anti-meta.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Does he have an intro where Johnny tries to get Spawn to put on his sunglasses? This is important.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Crowetron posted:

Does he have an intro where Johnny tries to get Spawn to put on his sunglasses? This is important.

Yes, but it is the end of match sunglasses throw brutality

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

All Spawn's unlockables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VGO9xKpLY

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Also, I :allears: this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9fONPaAOM4

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The best exchange is this:

Spawn: You've been to other dimensions?
Scorpion: Each has had its own injustices.
Spawn: Maybe that's why my soul still burns.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I absolutely love all the little winks and nods they give to the Injustice series in the dialogue.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gavok posted:

:perfect:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Spawn is such a natural fit for the edgelord 90s design principles of Mortal Kombat that it's hard to believe it's taken this long for him to appear as a guest character.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Gavok posted:

This is so corny that it's actually kind of charming. They just really wanted to slip a Soul Calibur reference in there.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Meanwhile, poor Necrid waits by the phone every day waiting for Bamco to call.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Spawn is worth it to hear Keith David call Shao Kahn a skullfucker

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

They should have brought in Michael Jai White to voice all the Spawn vs. Jax intros.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Netherrealm better leverage their relationship with Keith David to get Goliath from Gargoyles into Inustice 3.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Netherrealm better leverage their relationship with Keith David to get Goliath from Gargoyles into Inustice 3.

it's hard to think of a company less likely to let one of their properties into mortal kombat than disney

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
That is why they said Injustice! But yeah the owners of Marvel are probably not wanting anyone to be put into the DC fighting game either.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Twibbit posted:

That is why they said Injustice! But yeah the owners of Marvel are probably not wanting anyone to be put into the DC fighting game either.

There used to be bad blood between the editorial staff at both companies, which is why you haven't seen a Marvel/DC crossover comic for 15 years or so.

That might change in a bit because one of the major participants, Dan Didio, left DC last month.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Lozareth posted:

New patch

I haven't kept up with MK11 since playing it obsessively and then selling it within the month of its launch, but I just got it for PC. Kitana's the only character I feel halfway competent with (if my opponent allows me to implement my cowardly keepaway strats), and this makes it look like they just buffed the hell out of her? Nice.

I played a dozen online matches yesterday and was surprised by how overwhelmingly popular Spawn was, and how bad people were at using him/shutting down my obnoxious zoning, but I didn't realize he had literally just been released.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Skjorte posted:

I haven't kept up with MK11 since playing it obsessively and then selling it within the month of its launch

:same:

I was a fairly competent Cassie with a rushdown style that netted me about a 50% win/loss ratio in ranked at the time. Also her fatality where she kicks you in the nuts so hard that your skeleton flies out used to get dudes tilted enough to come on voice.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I think I sold it before I got to play more than a handful of ranked matches. I won all but one of my kasual matches yesterday, but I was completely helpless in my first foray into ranked, where I'd get hit with combos for Tekken-esque damage and mixed up to death. His ranked w/l record was only around 80/70, so I think I'll stick with kasual until I learn how to punish at least a couple of strings from characters that aren't Scorpion or Sub Zero.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

:same:

I was a fairly competent Cassie with a rushdown style that netted me about a 50% win/loss ratio in ranked at the time. Also her fatality where she kicks you in the nuts so hard that your skeleton flies out used to get dudes tilted enough to come on voice.

The first time she did that fatality on the terminator and the endoskeleton popped out, we were howling laughing. It was just so unexpected and stupid.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Spawns cape Fatality or Basically any Fatality where the Termintaor gets skinned or where his Endoskeleton is pulled out is funny to me.

Why would this kill the Termintaor? You just freed him from his flesh prison!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Skjorte posted:

I think I sold it before I got to play more than a handful of ranked matches. I won all but one of my kasual matches yesterday, but I was completely helpless in my first foray into ranked, where I'd get hit with combos for Tekken-esque damage and mixed up to death. His ranked w/l record was only around 80/70, so I think I'll stick with kasual until I learn how to punish at least a couple of strings from characters that aren't Scorpion or Sub Zero.

Gotta be real with you, you'll get better matchups in Ranked. You just need to lose enough matches for the algorithm to sort you properly. Kasual is just whoever, so you're actually way more likely to get matched up with a No-Lifer clowning on people.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ranked will give you fairer matchups on average, particularly during a KL season when more people are playing.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

man nurse posted:

The first time she did that fatality on the terminator and the endoskeleton popped out, we were howling laughing. It was just so unexpected and stupid.

Yeah, that one is my favorite. The endoskeleton just looks so loving pissed when it pops out.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

Spawns cape Fatality or Basically any Fatality where the Termintaor gets skinned or where his Endoskeleton is pulled out is funny to me.

Why would this kill the Termintaor? You just freed him from his flesh prison!

On Cassie's nut kick fatality, at least, it looks like the endoskeleton's arms and legs get ripped off internally and it's just its head and torso that fly out. It's clearly still alive (its eyes are glowing red and angry) but I imagine it's pretty disabled.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

new KL starts the same day my county gets a 'stay at home' order

if that's not life telling me to pick this game back up i don't know what is

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Finally opened up the last palace room. :unsmith:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
This game is dead to me. Carry on and good luck

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I managed to get so mangled during my first couple of Kombat League matches of this season that I had to sit back and think to myself "do I even play this game?" even though Steam says I've logged 464 hours into it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Looks like that leak that has been right so far has been proven right yet again. Stoked to see my boy Ash!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
There's also this, apparently

https://twitter.com/thethiny/status/1242841228489756673

Don't really care about Stryker unless he's given a cool revamp but I'd love to see Takeda in KP2.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Keep in mind that this is the same series that faked people out with "ERMACS" and "Kano Transformations". It wouldn't be completely out of the norm for them to "accidentally" reveal a character who's not actually in the game.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

...! posted:

Keep in mind that this is the same series that faked people out with "ERMACS" and "Kano Transformations". It wouldn't be completely out of the norm for them to "accidentally" reveal a character who's not actually in the game.

Bullshit, this is definitive proof.

ROB is in the game.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yup, but at the same time pretty much everything about this game has leaked in advance through official or unofficial channels and it never stops being funny. Like, we knew half the KP2 roster before the game even released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Netherrealm should make entirely new and original characters as dlc again, like Scarlet in MK9