Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Why do people think Renji won that first fight? I see it said so much but like he loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

because renji owns him for a while, ichigo gets in one hit, then byakuya ends the fight immediately

you could call it a draw but ichigo definitely didn't win anything there

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah I can see it being a draw, but the end of the fight is Renji being put on his rear end and Byakuya insulting him then finishing things. That ain't a Renji victory either.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Holy poo poo the number of characters just loving quadrupled.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've never read Bleach, but based on what I've heard this happens like eight times

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACq7tgjHdGA

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Don't expect any of them to get, like, character arcs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Don't expect any of them to get, like, character arcs.

I'm honestly shocked that an obvious fanservice character was introduced then completely forgotten about for fifty or so chapters.

Also every time the dudes discuss how strong and gigantic their swords are I can't stop reading things into it. Like it's almost deliberate on Kubo's part that it sounds like literal dick measuring.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 14, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'm honestly shocked that an obvious fanservice character was introduced then completely forgotten about for fifty or so chapters.

Also every time the dudes discuss how strong and gigantic their swords are I can't stop reading things into it. Like it's almost deliberate on Kubo's part that it sounds like literal dick measuring.

Big Spirit Energy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kubo quite literally forgets about characters' fates in the end of the series.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Also reminder: some of his characters are dumb as poo poo.

"Ha ha ha I have activated my power, as long as you hear the sound my sword makes you can't do anything! Wait poo poo why are you deafening yourself"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, I can't believe scary-looking glasses guy and that dude with the creepy serial killer smile both turned out to be secretly evil. Unprecedented!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

which one there are like four of these

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

dordreff posted:

The cat lady I think? Considering VVG apparently just finished the Soul Society arc judging by their posts.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dordreff posted:

Rangiku.

Also I read a bunch more and now my new favorite character is the visor dude who looks like Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid in a white tuxedo.

EDIT: This also might be my imagination but Rukia seems to have lost about a foot in height over the course of the story. I don't remember her being this tiny in the first few chapters.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 14, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah the height difference between Ichigo and Rukia/Orihime is loving insane by the end.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Once they start needing rescued they shrink to become more portable.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The weirdest thing about Bleach is how all the dangling plot points are dealt with in a series of light novels written by the Durarara guy

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

The weirdest thing about Bleach is how all the dangling plot points are dealt with in a series of light novels written by the Durarara guy

All the info & notes came from Kubo though, he wanted to put them into the manga....but it got cancelled.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

alkanphel posted:

All the info & notes came from Kubo though, he wanted to put them into the manga....but it got cancelled.

My understanding is not that it was actually canceled, but that it basically went from "ending soon" to "ending right now" because of Kubo's deteriorating health. There's a reason it was like five years before he drew anything else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Man, I can't believe scary-looking glasses guy and that dude with the creepy serial killer smile both turned out to be secretly evil. Unprecedented!

Shocked you figured Aizen's evil out. Most people thought he was a nice looking guy who got killed early on.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MonsterEnvy posted:

Shocked you figured Aizen's evil out. Most people thought he was a nice looking guy who got killed early on.

His first appearance was in a room full of monster-looking dudes all talking ominously about Rukia's geegaw or however it's spelled. Then he shows up in Soul Society and does nothing before getting nailed to a wall.

Then again I've been speeding through this in huge chunks instead of once a week, so it probably seems more obvious.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
WNL: Ogata alternative Route

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Dexo posted:

Oh my God, is the author going to lean into genres for all of these alternate takes? I'm in.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The ghost returning was fun, but man this is weird.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's that time of day when Shonen Jump/Mangaplus get all their updates.

Agravity Boys the 13th

The reveal of Baba's secret project made me belly laugh as did Geralt's...pose.

Grislow getting messed with in his fever was a nice, quick gag too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

unluck got weird in a way i think i very much am into...like greed island + o-parts hunter

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

dogsicle posted:

unluck got weird in a way i think i very much am into...like greed island + o-parts hunter
Yeah I was wavering on whether or not I was into it up until now but this chapter solidly got me on board.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

On Agravity Boys, Geralt making a solar-powered water wheel with brushes to apply his hemorrhoid medicine made me laugh. Also it's good to see The Higher Being is back to mess with everyone again.

Hypocrisy posted:

Grislow getting messed with in his fever was a nice, quick gag too.[/spoiler]

Three dangly bits! Six rolly balls!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah the stuff with the quests and rewards was interesting. In Unluck.

Also it looks like everyone has a UMA Counterpart. As there was UMA Burn and Negator Unburn.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Everything in this Zipman chapter seems like it would have been really cool if the series had lasted long enough to give everyone some actual development.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

If Unluck can pivot away from the creepiness, I think the new plot developments will be really good.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

Lol, the author wants to make it very clear which route is the real one. So this is allllll the way out there.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Darth TNT posted:

Lol, the author wants to make it very clear which route is the real one. So this is allllll the way out there.

Kurisu route should be fun then

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The ghost returning was fun, but man this is weird.

Weirdly awesome, you mean.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If each route is more than 10-20 chapters this will be fuuuuuun.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Rizu route:
Sekijou still more interesting

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
New mashle chapter is was fun but not what I expected, mash is the god of shittalking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Professorjuggalo posted:

New mashle chapter is was fun but not what I expected, mash is the god of shittalking

I did like that they showed (again) that for all his strength he can't really really bullshit his way through everything. :) I'm really enjoying Mashle so far.

I have high hopes Agravity boys next week. :)