Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Getting players who wont be the ones working under the contract for the majority of it to vote yes is such a owner win. Conniving fuckers

Average NFL Career is 3.3 years. The CBA is for 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Calais Campbell has been awesome and is one of the most underrated players of the 21st century, but he’s old.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Also worth noting that those one of those 5th round picks came from signing undrafted kicker Kaare Vedvik and then trading him to the Vikings

Ravens fans are really spoiled by going Ozzie -> DeCosta

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MakaVillian posted:

Marbula 1 my friend

I actually have been reduced to marbula 1 after motocross, f1 and every other loving motorsports shut down

I even watched *shudders* an e race between pro gamers to get that fix

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not basing a large part of your pre draft analysis on stupid as poo poo “character” interview questions will do that.

It's not like we haven't seen athletes with so called character issues flame out. It's actually pretty important to love the game above all else if you want to be successful. The issue is the way teams decide what are character issues. Honestly without face to face meetings they'll probably end up applying an even stricter standard

Shut up, it passed by 69 votes. That is now canon

He's getting old but still such a large man, great competitor and still producing. What a bargain

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1239243228983017474?s=21

Seems actually quite cheap

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It's less than what Lane Johnson got in his extension, but equal to what Trent Brown got in FA last year.

But money was never the issue, I'm just glad he decided to come back. Did not want to have to go OT in the first.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I enjoy this trade.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Also worth noting that those one of those 5th round picks came from signing undrafted kicker Kaare Vedvik and then trading him to the Vikings

This is the purest example of creating a draft pick from nothing that I can think of.

Also, I don't know what a 5th rounder is worth anymore.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 15, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lol, every other GM should be fired for not being in on this

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So maybe the Titans will get a new deal done with Henry and Tanny, and put the tag on Conklin?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Athanatos posted:

Getting players who wont be the ones working under the contract for the majority of it to vote yes is such a owner win. Conniving fuckers

Average NFL Career is 3.3 years. The CBA is for 10 years.

I know owners are evil but they needed this to negotiate TV contracts. Still you always vote no so you can get more money this vote was amazingly timed. I wonder if they extended the vote to get it to be a yes. The no probably voted first.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ShakeZula posted:

It's less than what Lane Johnson got in his extension, but equal to what Trent Brown got in FA last year.

But money was never the issue, I'm just glad he decided to come back. Did not want to have to go OT in the first.

You should always go OT in the first!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1239254318123008001

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

He was very publicly talking about retirement before the season even ended. That likely brought his value down

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He wanted to stay in Indy or Retire.

16.5 isnt some discount for a guy his age, no?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

http://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1239256880758882305

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shiiiiiiiiirts

also go ravens etc

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

holy gently caress hahahaha

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

what a time to be alive

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Way I read that contract with 62m guaranteed is that it’ll be 30m for the first two years and then the Titans can get out of it after that if needed. If he stays productive like he was last year, sounds alright to me?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

He played what, 8 or 10 games

Yowza

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Way I read that contract with 62m guaranteed is that it’ll be 30m for the first two years and then the Titans can get out of it after that if needed. If he stays productive like he was last year, sounds alright to me?

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1239259634063544322?s=19

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Wow, that looks even better to me? Am I dumb?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Construction of Patrick Mahomes' Scrooge McDuck money bin to hold his contracts wealth will be like a pharaoh's pyramid and cost the lives of thousands

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I am very sad about the 17 game season and the expanded playoffs. Perfect system ruined. I guess it was inevitable

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1239270307124436992?s=21

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Everyone stop rejecting Brady, my joy of seeing him elsewhere is slowly dying.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shocked that this report that originally started in order to help brady get leverage over tennessee dies the moment tennessee goes elsewhere

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Athanatos posted:

Everyone stop rejecting Brady, my joy of seeing him elsewhere is slowly dying.

Don't worry, the Bucs want him really bad and will probably give him over $30m per year.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
im excited for burrow to sit behind brady for the super bowl winning cincinnati bengals

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe Brady won't be able to sign anywhere. Might have to wait until some injuries in like Week Three.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol if every other team rejects Brady.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
So, uh, who is the Patriots' top QB right now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

feels like with these big qb deals we always say "well they can get out of it after X many years" and sure the cap savings isn't negative but the dead money is still like 20 million or more.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Brady

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Eric the Mauve posted:

Brady.

They'll pay him and he'll use the "NOBODY WANTED ME" to propel the patriots to 5 straight super bowls

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eric the Mauve posted:

Brady

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Athanatos posted:

Brady.

They'll pay him and he'll use the "NOBODY WANTED ME" to propel the patriots to 5 straight super bowls

God bless.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

&e

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Athanatos posted:

Brady.

His arm strength and accuracy are cooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1239290164456886272?s=19

Hail satan