Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Solution was: STRONGRUSSIANPASSWORD

Nothing too special on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

maswastaken posted:

Solution was: STRONGRUSSIANPASSWORD

Nothing too special on the other side.

Actually it's MYSTRONGRUSSIANPASSWORD

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also this is the official merch of this loving game: https://teespring.com/dead-game-black-t-shirt?tsmac=store&tsmic=overkill&pid=373&cid=100035

The Payday 2 twitter is a lawless wasteland.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

the game’s doing pretty good for one where the devs where raided for financial crimes

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Kikas posted:

Actually it's MYSTRONGRUSSIANPASSWORD
Sure is. I shouldn't post at midnight.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

maswastaken posted:

Sure is. I shouldn't post at midnight.

Didn't you used to be good at this?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Didn't you used to be good at this?
Who ever lied to you about that?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

maswastaken posted:

Who ever lied to you about that?

Did you grab a massive prize with a Payday 2 code challenge?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:ese: Mexican Boogaloo Part Two, this time with Vlad :ese:

quote:

Welcome back to Sunny Mexico!

We bring an awesome update packed to the brim with loot and goodies. We got heisting, guns and suits and much much more for you to explore. There’s action and tension waiting for you on Crime.net. We stay south of the border for a good ‘ol American bank robbery with a heavy Mexican flair.

The San Martín Bank Heist

Our favorite heisters are enjoying their stay south of the border but this time an old friend has a task for them. Vlad wants you to steal some precious treasures hidden in a bank vault. He prefers the thrill of going in loud through the front door, gun drawn and masks on. But if you want to take the sneakier route there are other options available. Just be careful over there - don’t expect the Mexican police force to go easy on you, ‘cause they won’t.

New Full Auto Pistols

There has never before been so much bang for the buck in a weapon pack as with the Federales Weapon Pack, there’s a combined fire rate of 2851 rounds per minute across three pistols. With single and akimbo variants you will be able to black out the sun with flying helmets. The full auto pistol arsenal of PAYDAY 2 just got a 300% increase in the number of weapons on offer. If you enjoy the sound of thousands of rounds echoing over the AO this is the DLC for you.

New Outfits

Music and clothing are two of the most powerful statements of personal style and belief one can make. From the Hippies in the 1960s, fighting against warmongering politicians, to the Punk Rockers in the 70s and 80s, smashing guitars over the head of capitalism, or rappers busting rhymes against oppression. And some people simply prefer an orchestra mixed with gunfire and explosions, wandering the Earth with a gun in one hand and a trumpet in the other, looking for wrongs to make right. They have been effective avenues for informing society at large if you play by the rules or not - a sure way to either show your conformity or to say "gently caress YOU!" to the establishment.

Custom Weapon Colors

Do you feel you need more variety in your arsenal? Do you feel the need to pimp out your guns? Perhaps make them match that snazzy outfit you are wearing or the mask covering your face. No one says you can’t look good while mowing down the cops. With 20 different colors to customize your weapons, you will not be without options. There are even some free colors to let you try out the system and see what you can do. Each of the colors can be applied to any weapon in the game and with 6 different application sets and 5 wear states to choose between. With this DLC you will have well over 600 variants for each of your weapons.

Any mods you have installed may interfere with the update, so please disable them to avoid crashes until the modders have had time to update their mods. If you are experiencing crashes please read this thread for more information.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Wait do they mean that we can skin our guns like in old goon mod?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

There's a stream right now of sneak peak gameplay of the heist, some sort of drug lord mansion/a big mexican bank and what looks like akimbo auto berretas, also the beast from big bank is back. Cops also have a slight makeover and apparently speak spanish since this takes place in mexico, sort of like boiling point/russia. Vlad's "special loot" is called "romanov treasure" and looks like a bag of gold bars with some cheap jewelry in it. You can also stealth it, makes it easier for death sentence since there doesn't seem to be a lot of available cover. Heist's song is called "Bonebreaker". There is also a door in the back in stealth that takes 180 seconds to drill :v: There is also a white house "find two RNG color circuit boxes lock in stealth. The vault has car shop elements with finding codes via RNG names, and then yell at the IT guy that may have been absent from Car Shop to do Biker Heist mechanic objective stuff after shouting at him like the CFO in Diamond Heist

https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze

Quality game

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 27, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Has the drill fix/removal thing for Steam safes been done yet?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Has the drill fix/removal thing for Steam safes been done yet?
Yes. However, do note that you may need to hit escape on the animation, go back to main menu and then go back into Steam Inventory to ever find out what the hell you opened.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 27, 2020

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

maswastaken posted:

Yes. However, do note that you may need to hit escape on the animation, go back to main menu and then go back into Steam Inventory to ever find out what the hell you opened.

Sorry, I meant the steam inventory safes that contain various skins. OK announced that's going away and all safes will be free to open.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I need a medic bag.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Clearing San Martin in stealth, the easy way (major kudos to mas for figuring this out)

Preplanning: get the drunken mariachis and the garbage truck on the side entrance. Bring a silent saw if you want the achievement for all loot.

1. Go up the fire escape, open the rooms on the roof and turn off the power. Optionally, kill the guard to make pathing around easier.
2. Go all the way down the stairwell. Beware of guards facing into the stairs on the office level.
3. Do not pick the door out into the alleyway. Instead, drill the gate open. With the door closed, the drill is entirely safe. It takes three minutes, and then, presto! You've skipped four steps and spending a bunch of time in the offices, the most hazardous part of the map!
4. Clear the back hallways of both guards and the camera room guard. You now have no more pagers, but the entire area is locked down.
5. The only remaining hazard is getting the code for the vault. But...you can wait about a minute and the game will give you a tooltip of where the desk you need is. Have a friend spot the guards on cameras and you should be golden!
6. Be careful moving the loot back up the stairwell- remember, a guard can stand looking out into the stairwell!

If you want to do San Martin loud, do be aware that some enemies are using incorrect weapon presets, causing extra damage on some difficulties.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
Hey all,

put like 1000 hours into the game but haven't played it in years. Got some friends interested and they've all bought it and we're gonna play soon. Is there a current best hud mod out there? Is the game even still compatible with mods?

Also, from reading the OP, I forgot the official payday 2 steam group was even a thing. I tried searching for it in steam's group search and got no results, following the link in the op leads me to it and lets me join it, but it doesn't show up in my profile's groups after that. is this group functionality outdated? Maybe none of you have gone through this recently but thought I'd ask.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

King Gonorrhea posted:

Hey all,

put like 1000 hours into the game but haven't played it in years. Got some friends interested and they've all bought it and we're gonna play soon. Is there a current best hud mod out there? Is the game even still compatible with mods?

Also, from reading the OP, I forgot the official payday 2 steam group was even a thing. I tried searching for it in steam's group search and got no results, following the link in the op leads me to it and lets me join it, but it doesn't show up in my profile's groups after that. is this group functionality outdated? Maybe none of you have gone through this recently but thought I'd ask.

I don't think the Steam group is very active any more. There is a Discord which I believe is linked, but most of us have drifted off to other games, only to return (briefly) when there is new content. I'd be happy to join y'all for some heisting, and I'm sure we can stir some interest up if you want - just depends on what you want to do.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
Sorry, I've got 3 newbies in tow, thanks for responding though.

regarding the steam group, I mean a few years ago you had to join it in order to unlock a bunch of content, various guns, mods, even some missions like hoxton breakout. I guess my question is whether joining the group to get that free content is still required or not.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The longevity of this game is amazing and rad as hell

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

King Gonorrhea posted:

Sorry, I've got 3 newbies in tow, thanks for responding though.

regarding the steam group, I mean a few years ago you had to join it in order to unlock a bunch of content, various guns, mods, even some missions like hoxton breakout. I guess my question is whether joining the group to get that free content is still required or not.

Yeah you still need to join the official steam group to unlock all that stuff. IIRC it's a buncha melee weapons that aren't any good anyway but it's free so why not.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Is the Judge bad at this point? Cuz that's community. Also a bunch of masks.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Tulip posted:

Judge is fine if you absolutely need a concealable secondary shotgun. Even then there's other options.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Tulip posted:

I think the judge is overrated, but there's also lots of opportunity costs now with the dozens of guns, including a 44 ammo secondary mosconi/jocelyn that also kicks rear end. Still good for blowing up dozer faceplates/launching ragdolls in stealth, swan song spam etc, but you have a lot more tools available. Interceptor is also a hilarious 100 accuracy pistol with mods for pixel perfect laser sniping as part of the community

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tulip posted:

It's an OK concealed shotgun to put HE rounds in, seeing how it has high damage and the worst ammo economy.

More importantly, Rhubarb isn't Community and you shouldn't wear anything else.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tulip posted:

Towards the original end of life for Payday 2 support, lead designer Jules decided it was a good idea to balance guns around how much ammo they could pick up. The Judge was a very popular gun that was able to survive 3 years without being nerfed, and the first thing they did to it was make it so effective ammo pickup was basically 0.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

Towards the original end of life for Payday 2 support, lead designer Jules decided it was a good idea to balance guns around how much ammo they could pick up. The Judge was a very popular gun that was able to survive 3 years without being nerfed, and the first thing they did to it was make it so effective ammo pickup was basically 0.

you forgot the part where LMGs get all the ammo ever and alongside autoshotguns are basically the only viable weapons on the highest difficulties. Y'know the ones the devs admit they never play cuz it's too hard.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

chairface posted:

you forgot the part where LMGs get all the ammo ever and alongside autoshotguns are basically the only viable weapons on the highest difficulties. Y'know the ones the devs admit they never play cuz it's too hard.

Lol the best part about this was that they buffed the poo poo out of LMGs at the same time they nerfed the Judge and DMRs into the floor because "they could generate infinite ammo." :cripes:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Honestly I don't mind it, but y'know, excuse while I make a dozen more LMG/autoshotgun builds and forget assault rifles, smgs, and handguns exist.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chairface posted:

Honestly I don't mind it, but y'know, excuse while I make a dozen more LMG/autoshotgun builds and forget assault rifles, smgs, and handguns exist.
Same. Havent played for a year+ but thats all I ever did because ammo pickup is fun in a game where your primary goal is to send police back to the elemental plane of cops.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

UnknownMercenary posted:

Lol the best part about this was that they buffed the poo poo out of LMGs at the same time they nerfed the Judge and DMRs into the floor because "they could generate infinite ammo." :cripes:

Little Friend is still the most viable DMR :smug:

Because it is more grenade launcher than rifle

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Same. Havent played for a year+ but thats all I ever did because ammo pickup is fun in a game where your primary goal is to send police back to the elemental plane of cops.

I love you Jal

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

UnknownMercenary posted:

Aww, I liked the Judge, it kills shields and Winters.

Comin' back to the game after an absence and man pistols are awful again huh.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I liked the LMGs back when they sucked poo poo when they first came out, because I roleplay as a Super-Chains in full armor and a pathological sense of invulnerability who's constantly screaming at the cops as he mows them down, so I'm fine with them being amazing now, but it'd be good if other weapons were good too and they had someone 'balance' things that wasn't a total moron.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
crackdown update's coming along. New AI improvements mean enemies are going to actually do things like target lone players and take cover behind Shields.

Also we are going to turn Captain Winters into a necromancer.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Also we are going to turn Captain Winters into a necropoliciomancer.
Ohgod why.

chairface posted:

I love you Jal
I love you too gobbo

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

EorayMel posted:

Little Friend is still the most viable DMR :smug:

Because it is more grenade launcher than rifle

Little Friend's ammo pickup is so confusing because you will barely get any bullets but fire one grenade and you'll get 5 back from the ammo drops.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Little Friend's ammo pickup is so confusing because you will barely get any bullets but fire one grenade and you'll get 5 back from the ammo drops.
The Little Friend really is Jules balance in a nutshell.
Average bullet pickup: 0.57
Average grenade pickup: 0.66

Jules statted this loving thing like it's somehow the bullet that does massive splash damage.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i love how there’s two levels of cosmetics that are directly opposed to one another. you can customize your armor and customize your clothes but the clothes completely override the armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

So I scrounged some steambux and got the san martin bundle. Heist/lovely coloring option/some ok suits that lay over your armor/3 machine pistols. My thought on the first and last things specifically:

The heist is okay, even with the main gimmick of 3 full walls of deposit boxes to saw or pick open. I get notable framedrops/lag on it, not as bad as hell's island but still playable for me. Snipers are very loving annoying on this one loud, make sure you have at least one weapon or member with something accurate to hit them. Theres also turrets outside around the corner for extra fun red lasers. Kind of long, payout is okay (moreso if you have a saw and hit the atms in the lobby). Bank is very small hallway and around-the-corner focus, shotguns/flamethrowers excell here, revolvers/luger/snipers for outside. Haven't done it stealth yet.

There are 3 machine pistols: Bernetti Auto(Berreta 93R; high-ammo and low-damage even for a pistol, about 1101 RPM)
Czech 92 Pistol(CZ 75 I think; middle of the road, I think 900~ RPM)
Igor Automatik(Stechkin APS; low-ammo and high-damage, about 675 RP).
And you can :ocelot: akimbo them :ocelot:

Bernetti feels anemic even with frenzerker, reload is quick partial and tactical. Probably best in a gunslinger/pistol skill tree build and/or a dodge&crit build. Pick up is ok. But you can turn it into the Robocop gun
Czech 92 is the middle of the bunch, the one I enjoyed using the most. Slightly less ammo and rate of fire, but slightly higher damage. Full reload is a bit longer than the Bernetti, but partial reload feels about the same. Both of them have clear and manageable iron sights, and the Czech feels very accurate at medium range.
Igor was lackluster. It does 68~ damage a shot like an Interceptor but has a relatively lower ROF, and it has a lot less ammo than the other two plus a lovely pickup. Reload is also notably longer, and I think it is the only one out of the 3 new ones that can take a pistol sight. However, it looks snazzy when fully modded with blinged grips and the visible bullet stack cutouts in the magazine when you reload.

I have not tried them akimbo, but just using them as a basic fatman frenzerker build they are a very good compliment for a grenade launcher. And they're 1,000 round a minute handguns, how can you not have fun with them?

Also special mention to the level 0 guy who joined at the mayhem san martin heist I ran, stayed at the van when everybody else tried being greedy for more bags and got incapacitated because of it, including me, and then got incapacitated right as I was about to tick down into custody, but because he was still in the escape zone 3 seconds after everybody else got busted, the game recognized there was only one person in play also inside the escape zone, and thus the heist got completed right before the failure screen happened :v: