Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

There's a thread over in SA Mart offering eshop credit at a 10% discount, if anyone's still planning on digital but hasn't preordered. I figured that was a good a discount as I was likely to find by release date, and it helped a fellow goon out :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

There's a mom-and-pop game store in my city that's been breaking street date for years now. No doubt they'll be selling Animal Crossing as soon as they get it. I already bought digitally, though, so I'm not buyin!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Khanstant posted:

I once went into a gas station where nobody was around. Cashier wasn't present, didn't leave a note, it was very late, I reckon they fell asleep somewhere. I went behind the counter, grabbed my pack of smokes, got out my 6 bucks, showed it to the camera, gave a thumbs up and a wink and left the money on the counter. It's not stealing if you help yourself and leave the money. I share this story now, hopefully, for you to walk into a sleepy walmart or something and self-buy yourself a copy-- tonight!

Obviously if they sold cigarettes in Animal Crossing the shopowner would be a camel, what would a AC vape shop animal be?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Redd.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

jackhunter64 posted:

Obviously if they sold cigarettes in Animal Crossing the shopowner would be a camel, what would a AC vape shop animal be?

E. :thejoke:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'hey cousin, got some fresh vape flavors for ya. One of them is my special bubblegum watermelon blend, the other three will 100% give you popcorn lung.'

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

oooh ooh me please! I can see my life being sucked up by this so I wanna be in the gang :3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm torn between getting the Walmart discount or just pooling together some eshop credit and getting it digital to be a considerate person, but I'd need to see if I can make space on my Switch or if I'd need a micro sd.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm torn between getting the Walmart discount or just pooling together some eshop credit and getting it digital to be a considerate person, but I'd need to see if I can make space on my Switch or if I'd need a micro sd.

I think you can still get $10 in Best Buy Fun Bux preordering the digital version, if you go the digital route.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I ended up getting digital since, well, it's a daily life game. Having to switch out carts to get your neighbor fix sounds incredibly tedious.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Rather Watch Them posted:

I ended up getting digital since, well, it's a daily life game. Having to switch out carts to get your neighbor fix sounds incredibly tedious.

Just attach the cart to your Switch with one of those little chains they use to keep you from stealing ink pens. Problem solved.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
good tweet about the limitations of terraforming

https://twitter.com/_acmocha/status/1239105476903796742

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013
Snack Isle

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Some pertinent information if you're a dummy like me and have reading comprehension difficulties: you can build on your third layer. Ground is effectively layer '0', a tier up is 1, and another is 2. You can evidently make an extra tier above this but it's unusable.

I, uh, was reading it as not being able to build on layer '2' and was wondering why they'd put a weird restriction like that.

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

I've done it, the ultimate island tune!!

i hope you can search islands to visit by name so i can find him out there somewhere.... jimmy buffet i know i'll find you.........

edit: improved the ultimate island tune slightly

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I would have completely overlooked dock placement, thanks for this.

I just got a vague email from my boss about most of us staying at home for the next 2-3 weeks. One on one meeting via Zoom to follow once he figures out the app. Really hoping this means I get an extended vacation to chill out on my island.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

enojy posted:

I think you can still get $10 in Best Buy Fun Bux preordering the digital version, if you go the digital route.

Tempting offer. I think I've decided on digital because less than 20 bucks overall in a discount isn't worth being a dick and I have more than enough space on my Switch flash memory.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Welp, just got laid off for the foreseeable future. Can't wait to live island life, hahahaaaaaaa.....

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dazerbeams posted:

I would have completely overlooked dock placement, thanks for this.

I just got a vague email from my boss about most of us staying at home for the next 2-3 weeks. One on one meeting via Zoom to follow once he figures out the app. Really hoping this means I get an extended vacation to chill out on my island.

i am really hoping to hear this from my job before thursday

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Can't wait to stay up for hours at 12:01am soft-resetting for pear trees and two snooty starting villagers.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Welp, just got laid off for the foreseeable future. Can't wait to live island life, hahahaaaaaaa.....

Goondolences. What’s your industry if you don’t mind talking about it?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Doctor Reynolds posted:

man gently caress that poo poo dude, sorry to hear it.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Just canceled my target pre order, and bought eshop cards instead. It was going to come a week from this Wednesday. I always go physical when I can, but the nature of this game seems built for digital use.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is there going to be physical card purchases you can make to get a digital version in stores?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Pretty please, can I join your gang?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Booted it up today to discover that New Horizons is already out in the Burgburg timeline :unsmith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
animal crossing

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

eonwe posted:

animal crossing

:yeah:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

eonwe posted:

animal crossing

big if true

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eonwe posted:

animal crossing

WHAT?!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

animal crossing

hosed up delightful if true

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i;'m going to collect all the bugs and have lots of flowers in my house

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

eonwe posted:

animal crossing

Johnny Joestar posted:

want to have a little waterfall relaxation spot for my friends

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I will carry on for you, cookking in a hospital. Patients gotta eat, staff too. Be strong, friend.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Johnny Joestar posted:

hell ye-

broken pixel posted:

want to have a little waterfall relaxation spot for my friends

HELL yeah

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Get this chill, wholesome game into my veins already!

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I can't wait for this game and keep trying to play my digital copy in case it glitches and I can play it now

It doesn't work :negative:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m going to live on the beach and go fishing.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I wanna make a bayou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm going to make the island from Enter the Dragon and pretend my villagers are all there for a sweet blood kumite.