Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ughhh..... four more years I guess. wtf Bernie...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

reminder that thanks to coronavirus young people have more free time than usual on tuesday

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

PhilippAchtel posted:

Sis Boom Baa

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Looks like ya choosin the hard way.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Bernie did not do well in this debate, IMO. I agreed with him a lot, but he just isn't angry enough. We need a firey peasant to preach class struggle.

Also no climate change questions??? Thats the next big thing to come, if you think pandemics are bad, just wait!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am honestly worried they are going to use the "no gatherings of 50+" to crack down on protests

like gently caress it if they're gonna loving doom the country politically might as well take to the barricades

they didnt need that excuse before and they did it then too

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol the captions are hosed on the stream and it just says "EVERYBODY SUPPORTS MEDICARE FOR" right in the middle of the screen over everything and everyone now

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm drunk posting btw... don't even try to probate me. I'm too powerful!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am honestly worried they are going to use the "no gatherings of 50+" to crack down on protests

that's the only reason it was implemented

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Joe what’s your closing statement

“no.”

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

reminder that thanks to coronavirus young people have more free time than usual on tuesday

lots of inside nursing home voting locations are subsequently now not there. please appreciate the suppression boomers

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Sylink posted:

Bernie did not do well in this debate, IMO. I agreed with him a lot, but he just isn't angry enough. We need a firey peasant to preach class struggle.

Also no climate change questions??? Thats the next big thing to come, if you think pandemics are bad, just wait!

There were climate change questions man, within the last half hour even

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

triple sulk posted:

imagine voting for joe biden lol

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Sylink posted:

there was a climate change section

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Bernie wasn't willing to hit Biden on his obvious lies and I think it doomed his campaign

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

"you can't rely on young people to win" well what's the solution
Start adoring pro war and racist policies to appeal to old people? gently caress that.

Find your nearest Applebee's for mayday

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A lot of number ones from Biden. Might be a prostate problem?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

all numbers are number one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Xelkelvos posted:

Younger ones can are are capable of being conservatives too. Younger people aren't the be all and end all of the vote and relying so heavily on a demographic that internationally and across ideology doesn't come out and vote compared to their elders is not a national winning strategy.

then you effectively stand no chance.

didn’t think you were arguing against electoralism but it honestly is probably a dead end

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

moron? that's the best you've got? every insult you throw my way only affirms more and more you have nothing to back up your viewpoint other than simple emotion and mindless fervor. i support bernie more than you because i actually agree with him when he says he needs the young to vote in order for him to win, and you don't.

if you're gonna respond with insults, please, make them a bit more cutting than "moron," but i'll be continuing on with my reams of data backing up my point, which is also bernie's point

young people have never voted ANYWHERE CLOSE to the same levels as old people, and thats a huge reason why true leftists like Bernie are so exceedingly rare in American political life

show me how youth turnout isn't being suppressed and you'd have a point. otherwise you're just throwing a number at the wall and saying "Number isn't good!!!" which is meaningless.

Ytlaya posted:

Even if it's legal, they still don't want to piss off their boss. And it costs time/resources they don't have to force the issue, even if it's technically illegal for their bosses to prevent them.

This is the thing you aren't addressing that is my entire point. That's why you're a moron.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

My Gimmick Name posted:

lots of inside nursing home voting locations are subsequently now not there. please appreciate the suppression boomers

:bisonyes:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

that's the only reason it was implemented

It was a very convenient side effect for those in power, but epidemiology IS an actual thing.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

a helpful bear posted:

does this factor in voter suppression and that young voters are mostly poor, paycheck to paycheck working class?

in the same year that california added online voting registration youth voter turnout decreased significantly

wow i forgot that leftists mindlessly dont believe that youth turnout being so low is itself a problem worth addressing with literally no data

the youth are artificially made to be disengaged, jaded, and taught politics is for the old, not for them, that they cannot make a difference, and they have been so mentally colonized that they actually believe it themselves

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

All hands on what?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

All hands on dick

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol the captions are hosed on the stream and it just says "EVERYBODY SUPPORTS MEDICARE FOR" right in the middle of the screen over everything and everyone now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sylink posted:

there was almost one but then they went to break

Bernie did fine after a weak start, should've forced him to name the supposed SuperPACs but went into the 2nd half strong

Biden just being allowed to lie nonstop is tough to work against, but speaking as a godless commie nothing about this debate made me even start to consider voting for him under any circumstance which seemed to be his goal going into it based on his social media

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

"bernie can unironically still win if young people vote"

BIDEN SHILL!!!! DIE IN A HURRICANE!!

chill out lol

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

cool dance moves posted:

There were climate change questions man, within the last half hour even

THAT WAS WHEN I GOT A SNACK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

lol nothing matters

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

bernie talks about what hes gonna do and biden has anecdotes and platitudes about nothing

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Skyl3lazer posted:

Bernie wasn't willing to hit Biden on his obvious lies and I think it doomed his campaign

yup

Biden lied his rear end off all night, and the media certainly isn't going to highlight that on their own.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sylink posted:

there was climate change talk, it was all bernie pushing for big changes and biden just going 'oh i'll just un-un-do the obama stuff that trump undid'

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Ronald Reagan's son doing a commercial during the Democratic primary debate is, well, i guess a thing that just happened

"I'm not afraid to burn in hell!"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Skyl3lazer posted:

there was a 20 minutes of segment of bernie losing his mind at joe for lying

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Skyl3lazer posted:

Even when he did, it turns out "nuh-uh" is an effective defense when debate moderators and the media are in your corner, too

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
Biden keeps saying poo poo that Bernie already said earlier and acting like he came up with it

gently caress you joe

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

help from around the world... except china?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That part ruled. He should have kept it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Raskolnikov38 posted:

hmmmmm bernie is getting unhinged while joe maintained his cool and remained rational. presidential.