Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Joining up with the nihilist sociopath who talks constantly about how he wants to destroy, destroy, destroy does not make you sympathetic, actually.

redestro sucks yes, no one is arguing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

He also kept murdering people when he was supposed to be out recruiting for the League.
Can't do a simple job? Constantly counter-productive? Deeply insufferable?

Dabi is the League's Bakugou.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Dabi is the League's Momo.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Funky Valentine posted:

Dabi is the League's Something Awful Poster

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It always feels weird when people say that Dabi's the worst LoV member (not as a character, just tactically) because, before Shigaraki learned to make his Quirk chain lightning, he was the big ranged hitter who was fully capable of cremating people on the spot

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Junpei posted:

It always feels weird when people say that Dabi's the worst LoV member (not as a character, just tactically) because, before Shigaraki learned to make his Quirk chain lightning, he was the big ranged hitter who was fully capable of cremating people on the spot

which he seldom demonstrated for anything besides torching two-bit crooks for giggles

the momo comparison is apt because while dabi gets talked up a lot he doesn't really do anything on-panel, and unlike momo he's often an active hindrance to his team instead of just being superfluous

that should change soon, though!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Can't wait for Dabi to try and help take down Hawks, only to gently caress up and wipe out all the Twice clones instead

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dabi slips on a banana peel while running up the stairs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Dabi is going to try and kill Twice for loving up again, only for Hawks to take the hit for him, thus causing Twice to question his loyalties.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

Dabi is going to try and kill Twice for loving up again, only for Hawks to take the hit for him, thus causing Twice to question his loyalties.

His dialogue/inner thoughts this very chapter show he doesn't blame Twice at all.

He straight up says "This is the fault of another scummy Hero".

Read the text.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 15, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Really, who could blame Twice for anything

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Really, who could blame Twice for anything

A Twice clone probably.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

A Twice clone probably.

That's impossible! Twice clones would never blame Twice!

That's why they're blaming Twice, the two faced bastards!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

Dabi is the League's Bakugou.

:hmmyes:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Let us not forget before Shigaraki took over, Geten one of their leaders loudly and openly stated that their goal was to make it a world where only the strength of your quirk mattered, and that weaklings deserve nothing but contempt as they dropped a glacier on the city without any concern for their foot soldiers. And when Twice came out started ice blasting the Twice army and any foot soldiers caught in the blast without remorse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Nods sagely It’s the militia members helping a madman into power who are the real victims here

Honestly... Yeah, actually. Who among the heroes has actually suffered anything at all? Ochako just wants to help pay the family bills, Momo's rich, Tsuyu's had an alright time of it. At this point, Todoroki excluded as the only 'well duh' example, the runners up are Deku and Iida because the former had a Billy who makes explosions at will, which is even worse than Hotstreak, and Iida with his brother in the hospital.

I didn't include Eri or Kouta because while they're obviously not villains, I don't know if they should count as heroes because of that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Honestly... Yeah, actually. Who among the heroes has actually suffered anything at all? Ochako just wants to help pay the family bills, Momo's rich, Tsuyu's had an alright time of it. At this point, Todoroki excluded as the only 'well duh' example, the runners up are Deku and Iida because the former had a Billy who makes explosions at will, which is even worse than Hotstreak, and Iida with his brother in the hospital.

I didn't include Eri or Kouta because while they're obviously not villains, I don't know if they should count as heroes because of that.

So we should root for the people who think the ills of society is that those with power can't poo poo on those beneath them even more?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I still haven't watched the MHA HR movie yet

AMC A list is saying it's not elligible towards MHA, was that always the case?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

So we should root for the people who think the ills of society is that those with power can't poo poo on those beneath them even more?

Person A: In this instance, it's the people who willingly joined a cult that are the real victims :razz:
Me: I know you're being facetious, but you're totally right, that's absolutely correct
Hunt11: OH SO YOU'RE SAYING I SHOULD PAINT THEIR LOGO ON MYSELF AND CHEER THEM ON AT A FOOTBALL GAME HUH??!

As far as I was aware, the conversation I was trying to have was who the victims were here. Nothing about supporting their actions or anything of that nature.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

People really struggling with the idea that empathy isnt endorsement which is weird cause it's come up in the text of the comic multiple times.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
People, people, people...

I wanna give Toga, and Jin, and Shigaraki hugs. They've been through some rough poo poo.

But they've done bad things. Toga's straight-up coo-coo for cocoa puffs. Shigaraki has a massive destruction boner. They deserved better in the first place, but they've made their choices and did bad things, and now they need to suffer the consequences of their actions.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's just kinda funny when people end up stanning the obvious racial supremacist analogue out of sheer contrarianism, but I guess that's just how posting is on the internet in 2020.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mycot posted:

It's just kinda funny when people end up stanning the obvious racial supremacist analogue out of sheer contrarianism, but I guess that's just how posting is on the internet in 2020.

Nah the LoV hosed them up. I know being racist and Libertarian is usually a fine circle, but not this time.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

having empathy for people is not contrarianism

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

mycot posted:

I'm not sure how people bringing up the topic of how many of the bad guys on this show are pitiable means they're standing up for their identities. I don't think anybody who brings up their regrettable origins has to prove to others of their dislike for the villains' actions

Bloody Pancreas fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Mar 16, 2020

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mycot posted:

Your brain is melted if you think that's what anyone said.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

also something worth keeping in mind is that the large bulk of the people who got recruited into the liberation army found that ideology through destro's book, which we don't really know all that much about and the organization is now two steps removed from whatever destro thought and believed. and who the gently caress knows how much anyone below re-destro's inner circle knows about shigaraki

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I said it elsewhere, and I'll say it again:

GENTLE IS GOOD

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

GENTLE IS GOOD

I forget, do Gentle and/or La Brava ever come back after their debut arc?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mycot posted:

The League of Villains had a chapter that opened with them killing a KKK-analogue, while Spinner, a target of that kind of bigotry, reflected on it and how the LoV were the first people who gave him a place to belong.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
If Twice made a bunch of copies of La Brava, would Gentle become the new All Might, or would he instantly liquefy his bones?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I wouldn't call Bakugo worse than Hotstreak. In the comics, Virgil is petrified upon seeing him, even as Static, to the point that he curls into the fetal position in their first fight.

In the more child friendly cartoon, Hotstreak tries to burn Virgil to death. And this was after an episode where he tried to kill him in a gang war.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

I forget, do Gentle and/or La Brava ever come back after their debut arc?

not at this point but I'd be shocked if they never came back

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

GENTLE IS GOOD

Absolutely.

He's also the series' only example of society extending a hand towards anyone who stepped wrong. Good job monkey cop.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Absolutely.

He's also the series' only example of society extending a hand towards anyone who stepped wrong. Good job monkey cop.

Hawks just offered to help Twice only get a light sentence and help rebuilding his life.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
From my perspective the heroes are the villains.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

I mean, most of the villains who have shown up in MHA have been unrepentant child murderers at best and Overhaul or All for One at worst.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I mean, most of the villains who have shown up in MHA have been unrepentant child murderers at best and Overhaul or All for One at worst.

as with most things, vigilantes has handled their villains better

you've got a whole spectrum of villainy from harmless flashers, to cackling mad bombers, to cackling mad bombers who are not using their own bodies as the bomb

though we did have a less harmless flasher in MHA, pity that hawks was in the neighborhood

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Now if Gentle had taken over the Liberation Army, then we'd be having a very different conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Speaking of Gentle, I wonder when the master thief he mentioned will be relevant. We’ve obviously had villains connected to All for One and Destro so far.