Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I didn't know they had been changed/nerfed so badly. What gear should I be targeting for a skill build, then? I already have all of the Hard Wired pieces, and I'm currently using the China Light set kneepads (for +15% explosives damage) and a named backpack that gives skill damage on skill kills. My gun sucks, I think (it's just a random LMG I had with Perpetuation).

First off, Hardwired talents are currently bugged. Don't use Hardwired yet. It's universally worse.

Acosta's Bag is good if you've got it, but I'll assume you don't. You want Skilled on the chest and (Perfect ok but not required) Shock and Awe on the backpack. You want either 1*WW 3*China or 2*WW 2*China, prioritized with Haste > Damage > Status. This gives you full haste boosts and damage boosts with an extra 10% status for when you're using status stuff. Spike on your primary, though I haven't managed to roll a good M4 with it yet. :/

Nerdz has a build that doubles down on Status, but aside from swapping in one piece of Golan I have no idea how it's built. I prefer to be able to swap skills liberally so the more general Skill Damage is my thing even if it means my Firestarter doesn't hit like quite as big of a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I got the BTSU gloves on my first-ever run of Camp White Oak, so the RNG luck today is strong.

I didn't know they had been changed/nerfed so badly. What gear should I be targeting for a skill build, then? I already have all of the Hard Wired pieces, and I'm currently using the China Light set kneepads (for +15% explosives damage) and a named backpack that gives skill damage on skill kills. My gun sucks, I think (it's just a random LMG I had with Perpetuation).
I have a skill build that's 4 piece Hardwired ( including chest and backpack ) with 2 piece Hana-U, max skill damage rolls and using skill haste mods, and a The Surge rifle with Perfect Spike and a Sweet Dreams for punching non elites - It eats poo poo solo but in Challenging groups I'm a constant source of explosions. Your rifle is really only for proccing spike. Rocking the Demolitionist for that extra explosive damage and your cluster seekers will keep you well supplied with ammo for the Grenade Launcher ( that's what I break out for Tanks ). Solo is problematic, you can't kill Tank weakspots fast enough to stop them from destroying your Stinger Hive, and while you're throwing Clusters every 10 seconds the damage is rather inconsistent. You're either totalling a wave or they all do a barrel roll and then they're up in your grill meleeing you in the face. Group scaling in Heroic laughs at your damage and they're even more inclined roll away from your seekers.

Hulk Krogan posted:

So I got one of these with maxed crit chance and crit damage, plus Close and Personal for the talent. The SMG damage roll is only like 8% though and I'm wondering if if the move here is to max that our or to stick Fast Hands on it. Thoughts?
My Banshee is an oshit I'm getting bumrushed or I'm about to unload on the back of an npc in cover, Close & Personal would work for dealing with a second target, but I prefer Fast hands if I need that sustained DPS ( or if I've miscalculated how many bullets I needed to kill a guy ).

Mailer posted:

First off, Hardwired talents are currently bugged. Don't use Hardwired yet. It's universally worse.
I was under the impression that was fixed and I'm definitely getting 10 second cooldowns on my Feedback Loop ( from the Backpack Talent )

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 16, 2020

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Shoren posted:

Nope, all year one exotics can drop from anywhere now. It used to be that once you got an exotic from the intended route (crafting, faction boss drop, etc.) then you could find it in the general loot pool. For level 40 players, those exotics are now in the general loot pool regardless of whether you had them before. I've heard Pestilence has a high DZ drop rate now, but it can be dropped anywhere (LMG targeted loot is best, of course).

The new exotics (Bullet King, Lady Death, Tardigrade, etc) can only drop from their specific locations, though.

Ah cool, thanks! Guess I'll spam some American History Museum runs into the night.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Snuffman posted:

Where do Apparel keys come from now?

Both the SP and randomly on SHD level ups.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

ZombyDog posted:

I was under the impression that was fixed and I'm definitely getting 10 second cooldowns on my Feedback Loop ( from the Backpack Talent )

Hard Wired is wonky right now, for instance when I was using Chem Launcher in the left slot, it wouldn't trigger feedback loop for my clusters in the right slot, but when I reversed them, it worked just fine. (note, I'm not looking at the game right now, I might have this reversed)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Edit: ^^^^ Oh, so it's a slots thing? I'll have to retest tonight.

ZombyDog posted:

I had this discussion on discord last week, then went back to test with every skill permutation that I could, given my current near-max level of haste. I'm unsure of the timeline and they may have stealth-fixed it, or maybe it's fixed for only new drops of the backpack, but I couldn't proc it in under 20 seconds. I only tried a few skills to check the chest talent before giving up, though. Come to think of it, I also didn't attempt resetting the skill on Q since I was using that for my reset and seekers on E.

If Hardwired worked as advertised then, in theory, you could run 4*HW, 1*WW and 1*China. Skill damage on all gear, then two free secondaries for... armor or whatever. Given what I've played of the game since the expansion went live I'm not sure if 10s seekers is super worth it compared to the flexibility of skills you get otherwise. At absolutely max haste you can get you're probably sitting at 20.x seekers normally but you can also have a sniper turret/firestarter/sticky/whatever since you don't have to worry about having something you can drop every 10 to reset the seekers. This is also ignoring having Shock and Awe powering two skills or Acosta's various benefits.

In theory you could do some wacky shenanigans with a 10-second revive hive but without a non-hive (and non-ammo, since that's bugged for Feedback Loop) skill with a <10s cooldown at 0 haste this is moot. You could also get a 10-second cooldown on something like sticky, but I think max haste sticky cooldown is like 12s and anything else you'd use seems to follow this trend. My sniper turret cooldown (I'm like 6% off max haste) is ~8s.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Mailer posted:

Edit: ^^^^ Oh, so it's a slots thing? I'll have to retest tonight.

It might be a slot issue, but I think the larger problem has to do with HW not liking skills with charges. I've primarily used the sniper turret, cluster seekers, and the striker drone, and as long as the feedback loop buff is up then it's never failed to refresh the cooldown as advertised. Skills with charges will only get a single charge back through feedback loop, and although I've never seen it not trigger feedback loop, it seems buggy for refreshing the other skill's cooldown based on reports.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Well I have my Clusters on Q and the Stinger Hive on E, Feedback loop is definitely proccing and instantly refreshing my Clusters when I throw out, pick up and cancel my Stinger Hive - I've not paid attention to the charges being refreshed on the Stinger Hive, the charge cool down is already super quick and I'm happy throw down a hive with a couple of charges and just rethrow again when necessary ( I wasn't expecting all 18 charges to be full refreshed, and if that's supposed to happen well uh maybe that's not working and I just haven't noticed ).

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 16, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

Well I have my Clusters on Q and the Stinger Hive on E, Feedback loop is definitely proccing and instantly refreshing my Clusters when I throw out, pick up and cancel my Stinger Hive - I've not paid attention to the charges being refreshed on the Stinger Hive

Ideally you never want the hive refreshed since it'd eat a precious seeker charge. You'd want something with <10s cooldown for the reset and painless enough to use repeatedly, so chucking bleed hive into a choke point/spawn door 20 feet away wouldn't be a good idea since you'd die in a hail of gunfire trying to pick it up again. It'd go something like throw seeker, pop shield in/out, throw seeker again, pause, pop shield in/out, throw seeker, pause....

Theorycrafting around bugs is really difficult.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Healing Chem Q / Seeker E seemed to work for me just now. It's at least proccing Feedback Loop but still not getting the extra 10s cooldown reduction from the backpack. Switched slots, only got worse (Healing Chem didn't proc FL at all).

Want to like this game more esp since leveling in NYC was so fun, but hoo boy is it broken rn. Deja vu all over again

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

:psyduck:

Edit: vvvv Maybe? But looking at the remote pulse, it doesn't have a health stat...

Morter fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 16, 2020

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

That would probably be for the remote pulse.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've gotten three of the new exotic backpacks in just a few days - at least I could give two away to friends because my first one dropped with great stat rolls.

Wish I had that kind of luck with Bullet King

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've gotten three of the new exotic backpacks in just a few days - at least I could give two away to friends because my first one dropped with great stat rolls.

Wish I had that kind of luck with Bullet King

Same thing happened to me, three bags found and gave two to friends. It seems to have a higher drop rate for sure. I found a decent Bullet King, but everything I want seems to be eluding me. Hopefully LMGs will be on targeted loot for either of the Rikers missions so more people can enjoy the never-ending bullet hell!

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

New question:

I get that Cassie Mendoza is this game's Xür but I don't quite follow her inventory.

Apologies, somehow I played over 500 hours and never realized she was a "thing".

Is her inventory the same as the Clan vendor inventory? Do I need to do a Snitch bounty to find her?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Snuffman posted:

New question:

I get that Cassie Mendoza is this game's Xür but I don't quite follow her inventory.

Apologies, somehow I played over 500 hours and never realized she was a "thing".

Is her inventory the same as the Clan vendor inventory? Do I need to do a Snitch bounty to find her?

Separate inventory. You do need to find the Snitch but you do not have to do the bounty he gives you.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Snuffman posted:

New question:

You can find out what Cassie ( along with the other vendors ) is selling through here:

http://rubenalamina.mx/the-division-weekly-vendor-reset/

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Separate inventory. You do need to find the Snitch but you do not have to do the bounty he gives you.
wait really? that certainly will save me some time in the future.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Roman posted:

wait really? that certainly will save me some time in the future.

It's true. When you talk to the Snitch two things happen: he drops a bounty and you get a banner message saying that Cassie is either open for business or will appear in X hours. Her vendor icon will be immediately available on the megamap.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So they never did away with the stupid snitch and countdown timer poo poo?

Every time I went through the nonsense to actually get to her she was only selling garbage so I never bothered again.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Two exotics from farming American History on heroic today, neither were LMGs (holster and Merciless). :sigh:

Edit: Converting a level 40 Merciless to Ruthless drops it down to level 30 lmao. Good thing I wasn't gonna use it anyhow

Shoren fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 16, 2020

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Hakarne posted:

The Baker's Dozen is great for fewer or more distant enemies to pop dudes with fewer shots, and the MDR with Boomerang is better for closer or spongier enemies where you can mag dump as it actually does more DPS (at the cost of your index finger holy poo poo). I have The Sacrifice chest for Perfect Glass Cannon, Vigilance on my backpack, Contractor Gloves for bonus armor damage, and Fox's Prayer Knees for damage to targets out of cover. The real game-changer was realizing damage to your shield doesn't get rid of your Vigilance buff. Your shield is weak but regens quicker and way better than your armor. So you can hide behind something, pop out to kill someone with a few shots, then duck back in to regen. It works really really well and makes you as tanky as possible for a full red build. I'm running it with Gunner and an armor on kill mod which gives me back 185k armor/kill and will heal up any incidental damage you may take. It works really, really well.

So I tweaked this a bit and went balls-out offense. I realized Baker's Dozen needs cover to get ammo back so I swapped it for a regular Classic M1A with Boomerang. Then I just went pure offense with Coyote's Mask and stacked offensive sets - the only Armor on Kill I have is from Gunner. And I also realized I forgot to put points in the +dmg for rifles perk in Gunner so that gave me an extra 15% dmg lmao

Here's a sub-7 Minute CP4 Solo so you can see how it plays. I screwed up a few times and the shield saved my rear end. It just absolutely shits damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltURQjMKSNM

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

I need to get my hands on a classic M1A. I have a Mk17 with Boomerang and it shreds even on 4-man heroic missions, but I get carried away with the fire rate so hopefully the lower rof facilitates hitting more shots. I find with Gunner I barely have to resupply so I dunno if Lucky Shot is worth it over Boomerang except to prevent you from reloading more often. The Coyote mask is perfect for an SMG/rifle build and Versatile synergizes well if you get your swaps in rhythm (Vigilance is a good alternative for a more consistent buff at 10% less damage).

On a side note, I quite like the Chatterbox as long as you're building for crit. It hits really hard for an SMG and you can get up to 100% bonus rof (aka 1400 RPM) if you reload near 5 enemies. You also get 50% of your mag back on kill so you can chain it for awhile if you're good. I was running a Vector with Killer, but either I was unlucky with never getting crit kills or the UI was bugged so I couldn't tell when it procced, or it plain just didn't work. Chatterbox though, you know it's working when you hear it spewing bullets like nobody's business.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
That Dragov fight solo is not fun at all. What an annoying gimmick.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jammer and firestarter is a combo that trivialises Black Tusk. The only enemies that ignore that are heavy gunners but if you're grouped just focus on shooting the ammo belt.

A 14 second jammer something to truly love against bad dogs :allears:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I noticed that the Coyote mask talent can stack if you have multiple team members wearing it. It has 3 different bonuses depending on your range. They each have a different icon. I noticed our team last night had two different icons going.

If you have three members wearing it, and you can coordinate the distances for each one, that’s a lot of damage.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

What are people’s thoughts on Protection from Elites as a stat? Worth it?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

smellmycheese posted:

I really like it as a solo player. A single PFE mod helps me so much. You're obviously giving up damage potential if you are DPS build, but mine is already sub-optimal because I rolled armor regen in a few places and have some skill minors I haven't been able to replace but it definitely gives you some leeway.

If you're gonna be in PVP then it's kind of worthless.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Imo the best one out of defensive ones. Reduces a lot of burn damage as well in the end (not sure about the status effects though?).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I noticed that the Coyote mask talent can stack if you have multiple team members wearing it. It has 3 different bonuses depending on your range. They each have a different icon. I noticed our team last night had two different icons going.

If you have three members wearing it, and you can coordinate the distances for each one, that’s a lot of damage.

Someone make a flextape and division meme because is the first thing I thought.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I'm wigging out over rifles with 4,000 damage and everyone's posting pictures of guns that do like 900k

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
MM is p much dead atm. RIP

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

smellmycheese posted:

Absolutely worth it if you have defensive mod slots on your gear. Best mods I've found so far have 11% on them so that's a full 33% damage reduction from elite enemies if you have 3 defensive mod slots. Your other options are armor on kill (useless in group play and not percentage based) or niching into a specific status defense (burn protection could be useful in some instances).

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ran wall street on heroic with 4 mortar builds, some insanely dumb poo poo, but holy gently caress it's fun.

I'm putting together a basic skill dps build and a dedicated healer build, hard wired makes it pretty simple to make, especially since skill tier is a static attribute, allowing you to freely focus on skill damage/repair. Kinda want to see if I can get the btsu gloves to work with the restorer/stinger hives on the builds, probably not optimal but red is a pretty color.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tuesday Maintenance. Looks like the 1 Specialization point per level up is a bug that should be fixed. I'm assuming other bugs like Hard Wired etc. will need an actual patch.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2201930-Maintenance-March-17th-2020?p=14840699

We are temporarily disabling the ability to reset seasonal manhunts to prevent lost progression towards a manhunt. This is a temporary solution while we are working on a more permanent fix meant to release later in March. Once the final fix is implemented, we will reactive the ability to reset manhunts.
Fixed a progression blocker where an NPCs became stuck at the last stage in Castle Clinton.
Fixed an issue that granted an incorrect number of Specialization Points pr. SHD level.
Fixed an issue where blue quality items dropped from regular NPCs in the DZ regardless of player max level.
Fixed an issue where players would gain multiple seasonal caches.
Fixed an issue with seasonal cache rewards becoming contaminated if players leveled in the season whilst in the DZ.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from gaining seasonal XP from DZ activities.
Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would disappear at The Nest Control Point, halting progress at the "defend stage".
Fixed an issue that prevented completion of The Nest Control Point on challenging difficulty.
Fixed an issue that would cause some NPCs to be stuck at spawn in various Control Points.
Fixed some puzzle reset issues on all Hunter encounters.
Fixed an issue causing Hunter encounters to give too many keys.
If you received too many keys, you won’t receive new keys until your completed encounters match your amount of keys.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shoren posted:

I need to get my hands on a classic M1A.

Assuming it scales properly at your level, the M1A is a sweet weapon. Instead of spray and pray with an automatic weapon or even bursts, you can take aimed shots that drop targets in a few hits. I'm going with that gun as primary and a drum-fed semi-auto shotgun (I forget which) for 'close encounters'.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

This was absolutely the worst time for matchmaking to be broken.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Doesn't it break like every other week though?
Was it even ever really fixed?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maybe I got lucky but mm was never as bad as it was now. Before it was just a few activities, but a bunch of stuff had problems after the expansion and now nothing seems to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I guess my build is pretty solid, bumped my world difficulty up to heroic and been running around doing CP4's without any issue. Is there any easy way to share with an export files or something or is just screenshots?

There is also a hilarious bug at Heroic diff. The Black Tusk minigunners that spawn in the world get absolutely wrecked by the two allied bros that are always fighting them, its pretty funny.