Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Catch ocean fish then place them as decorations on the edges of the beach. Stare into the freedom you once held and despair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Johnny Joestar posted:

i;'m going to collect all the bugs and have lots of flowers in my house
Now that we can put furniture outside, I could build little themed areas instead of having to cram them all in my house :swoon: I hope all the space-themed stuff is around still!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

liquidypoo posted:

Catch ocean fish then place them as decorations on the edges of the beach. Stare into the freedom you once held and despair

You monster.

I like it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Depending on how many rooms are in the final house, I might try to set up an actual like house in my house?

Like one room’s the foyer, one’s a kitchen, one’s a tv room, one’s a bedroom.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

liquidypoo posted:

Bro, that's hosed up.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i hope there's a bunch of weird and rare bugs/fish to catch, i really enjoy that sort of thing

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Can I please become a Racoon Goon as well?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/1239387780536512517?s=20

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kyle is my favorite canine.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1239174643254276096?s=21

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I wanna catch a cool beetle

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Canceled my Target pre-order, and got it digitally now waiting for me. I’m so excited.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

i hope there's a bunch of weird and rare bugs/fish to catch, i really enjoy that sort of thing

there is a deep sea tank in the museum so im also hoping for weird ocean critters

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LionArcher posted:

Canceled my Target pre-order, and got it digitally now waiting for me. I’m so excited.

I am strongly considering this as well, especially since I might not be where I would have the game delivered normally this coming week. I would like the journal, but digital seems much more convenient.

Edit: Went for it. Digital is just better for a game like this, and I can avoid taxes and shipping and still get the game right away this way.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 16, 2020

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

Zuzie posted:

I really hope that the 3DS item comes back in some fashion and you can play the AC version of Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon again. The Lip Wig was a powerful hairstyle, especially if your villager is sporting purple hair.

Please call an ambulance, you're having a stroke

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Next batch queued up

Approaching 250 tags :ninja:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i have no perspective on how many people other gangtags have but surely raccoon gang's gotta be one of the biggest gangs with that many :eyepop:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

There's no limit on our numbers becaue the admins know we would never resort to violence, we are a gang of friendly pals

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

There's no limit on our numbers becaue the admins know we would never resort to violence, we are a gang of friendly pals

I mean.. I'm not beyond a pitfall seed.

Can I get in on the gang tag action please?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't know.

Can you?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Yay, I got my first ever tag. Thank you! I feel so welcome!

why halo thar
Jan 21, 2007
I too would like to become Racoon Goon. I would also like it to be Friday.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As a reminder imma stop handing them out after launch.
After that you'll need to purchase it.

I'll make a cut off post when the time comes.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Next batch queued up

Approaching 250 tags :ninja:

Hail Idiot King Infinitum! Long* may he reign.

*Until the game launches.

Seriously thank you for doing this. It's nice to have my first ever gang tag. :3:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Hi, I’d like in on the gang tag.

Feel free to delete my current one.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Looking forward to hanging out with goons on Fantasy Island. I tried to get into New Leaf, but burned myself out by trying to min/max my income and farming beetles super hard. I played and loved Happy Home Designer. Here's hoping the extra decoration/crafting along with not playing in a tiny screen is conducive to island vacationing. :)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope Outer Heaven fits as an island name.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope Outer Heaven fits as an island name.

10 character limit.

Outr Heavn?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm fully supportive of any and all gimmick islands.

I wonder how possible it is to have a mono-species village of various kinds. Does open up the question as to if they added any more villager personality types, since they added 2 in New Leaf, and the game does try to have at least one of each type.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

only 4 more days. that's monumentally less than it has been, even if time has been stretching forever lately.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Has anyone compiled a list of confirmed villagers? I hope my boy Leopold made the cut :kiddo:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Zore posted:

10 character limit.

Outr Heavn?

Outta Hävn

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

And More posted:

Outta Hävn

:hmmyes:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

d3lness posted:

Looking forward to hanging out with goons on Fantasy Island. I tried to get into New Leaf, but burned myself out by trying to min/max my income and farming beetles super hard. I played and loved Happy Home Designer. Here's hoping the extra decoration/crafting along with not playing in a tiny screen is conducive to island vacationing. :)

I loved Happy Home Designer too! Being able to put decorations outside in NH has me so so extremely pumped it's not even funny! :dance: But yeah don't min/max Animal Crossing. It is not the kind of game for doing that. Just chill and relax.

Anybody is welcome to LeBonZone, to chill and grab a smoothie and/or relax on the beach.

Just as soon as I get the smoothie bar built, anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

IAmKale posted:

Has anyone compiled a list of confirmed villagers? I hope my boy Leopold made the cut :kiddo:

this is all I care about right now, I need to know which animal friends are in. I've made a promise not to reset over starting villagers and all but I need to know who's a possible neighbor at least!

Where's my boy Lucky?!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Animal Crossing New Horizons question. If my wife and I each get our own copy of the game, will we be able to use the the same island and play with each other? Or is it more that we each have our own separate islands and can just visit each other sometimes?

Edit: I would also love a gang tag

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 16, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Heck, now that I'm WFH 100%, I might as well grab this game cuz I can hop in and out during the day.

I would love a gang tag, too! :comfyoot:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

RC Cola posted:

Animal Crossing New Horizons question. If my wife and I each get our own copy of the game, will we be able to use the the same island and play with each other? Or is it more that we each have our own separate islands and can just visit each other sometimes?

It's less a matter of having your own copy of the game and more whether you each have your own Switch. If you want to be able to share the island and play together all the time, you want to both use the same Switch. Make a character for your wife using a different profile, and you can both run around at the same time doing stuff on the island.

If you both have your own Switches and each have a copy of the game, you'd each get your own island, and you'd be able to visit each other locally or online.

Which one you do depends on whether you both want to have your own island. Personally, my husband has his own Switch Lite but we're going to share an island on my Switch. He likes designing and planning, but gets burned out on the daily stuff pretty quick. I like doing the daily stuff and making slow progress, but I'm rubbish at designing. I love to decorate though! I figure together we can make a gorgeous island.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Ok, I'll bite. Can I please have the tag?

Also the embargo just lifted and everyone has reviews up. Clearly they are only a few weeks in and online functionality hasn't been turned on yet, but they are all glowing from what I've read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

RC Cola posted:

Edit: I would also love a gang tag

One island per switch. If she has her own switch she can have her own island. You can add an account for her on your island and vice versa, meaning that you can have your own island and an extra house/character on your other partners switch. Kinda like having a dacha.