Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I really wish I did anything other than work in a pharmacy right now. Back off to work after a week's holiday.

I feel for you mate. I imagine being constantly anxious in that environment and every one giving the customers a side eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/pennyb/status/1239498343597907969?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Spangly A posted:

no matter how bad this gets, I'll be thankful that I'm not the idiot going round canterbury buying all of the vegetable oil
Maybe they drive a Hilux.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Big thanks to First for hotboxing the bus with engine fumes this morning, it was just what I needed at this time.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Big thanks to First for hotboxing the bus with engine fumes this morning, it was just what I needed at this time.

It kills The Bug, dontchaknow

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

One weird trick the corona virus hates?

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Jippa posted:

I imagine being constantly anxious in that environment and every one giving the customers a side eye.

I rang my pharmacy up to ask if I could have my prescription delivered, since I'm immunocompromised, but no dice - their deliverers are fully stretched already. So I'm going to be rationing my pills a bit. I hope pharmacies are planning to expand their delivery services though, it would be better for just about everyone.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh dear me posted:

I rang my pharmacy up to ask if I could have my prescription delivered, since I'm immunocompromised, but no dice - their deliverers are fully stretched already. So I'm going to be rationing my pills a bit. I hope pharmacies are planning to expand their delivery services though, it would be better for just about everyone.

Are family/friends not allowed to collect on your behalf (assuming you call in ahead)?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Thanks pals, I actually have a lot of disposable gloves left over from my father's long illness so that's sorted.

Don't count on delivery - most pharmacy delivery services are just part-time anyway and there are a lot of restrictions on who out of the pharmacy staff can drop things off to people.

e: for almost everything that isn't supervised consumption though, friends/family/neighbours can absolutely collect on your behalf so long as they know your name, address, DOB and whether you pay for your prescriptions or not

ok off to work whee

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

peanut- posted:

The thing about London is that most of those people that pour through those stations every day actually have completely pointless jobs at the business factory. Everyone can collectively give up the pretence for a while and it doesn't really matter.

Hey don't get me wrong, I might work in a factory but 90% of my work is busy work decreed by a manager that has no idea what actually happens here.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

HopperUK posted:

whether you pay for your prescriptions or not

"No he doesn't pay for prescriptions"

"Nice try buddy, that'll be £9.50"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Egypt has just increased all bundle quotas by 20% for free to encourage people to stay at home more. (Unlimited internet is still a luxury for many and not to say that the service is great).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My Egyptian colleague mentioned something about a Dragon last week? What was that about?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A bidet is for life, not just for christmas.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

My Egyptian colleague mentioned something about a Dragon last week? What was that about?

They had horrendous rain flooding and so on. The Cairo ring road (equivalent of say M25) waist deep in water on parts. They don't have roadside drainage like we do so roads were turning into rivers. Lots of electrical fires and so on because much is open to the elements. The climate has been noticeably changing (to my eyes) over the last 10 years or so.

They called it the dragon storm.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Haringey report: went to local bakery and Tesco metro and no signs of panic or stockpiling. Loads of people as usual. I had my spray bottle of bleach and a cloth with me, nobody seemed to take notice as I wiped down everything before packing it.

Bought a poo poo tonne of dark chocolate to make brownies and eat with whisky.

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Haringey report: went to local bakery and Tesco metro and no signs of panic or stockpiling. Loads of people as usual. I had my spray bottle of bleach and a cloth with me, nobody seemed to take notice as I wiped down everything before packing it.

Bought a poo poo tonne of dark chocolate to make brownies and eat with whisky.

Oh which bit of Haringey if you don't mind answering? Tesco at seven sisters & one of the sainsburys locals near where I work were both trashed a couple days ago and I might need to send a housemate out to get me some odds & sods I didn't manage to get hold of D:

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

ftse100 looking strong

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Junior G-man posted:

We've got a fresh and topical episode out today! We talk about Corona with an Actual Knowledge Haver so we don't sound nearly as stupid as we normally do and then chat about how Number is doing. Honestly, it's a good one!

(Just as an FYI: We recorded last Thursday so our stats are already wildly out of date)

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1239493350719459334?s=20

Listening now, is the cartoon you were trying to recall "Once upon a time... Life"? Just found it's on Netflix.

I'm cancelling the holiday I was supposed to be staying on Friday (originally tomorrow) to Singapore, they are issuing stay home orders. Dad is supposed to be going to Egypt next week which I guess looks dubious.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Tesseraction posted:

Are family/friends not allowed to collect on your behalf (assuming you call in ahead)?

I don't have anyone nearby who isn't also at risk, unfortunately. Outside the tourist season, everyone in Cornwall is old, so I think lots of us may be in the same boat - I wonder how telling the over-70s to self isolate will work? They all have regular prescriptions.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

BizarroAzrael posted:

Listening now, is the cartoon you were trying to recall "Once upon a time... Life"? Just found it's on Netflix.

I'm cancelling the holiday I was supposed to be staying on Friday (originally tomorrow) to Singapore, they are issuing stay home orders. Dad is supposed to be going to Egypt next week which I guess looks dubious.

Egypt is locking down. Also if your father doesn't look Egyptian, western friends who have lived there years beginning to have the 'its all the forins fault' experience (not helped by one of the first 2 deaths being a German tourist). It's not only the UK that has racist gammons - video of an oriental guy trying to get a taxi ride and very nasty reactions from drivers.
Apologies for crap typing am on phone and on moving coach.

Ed. Egypt has just banned international flights til end of march.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 16, 2020

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Oh dear me posted:

I don't have anyone nearby who isn't also at risk, unfortunately. Outside the tourist season, everyone in Cornwall is old, so I think lots of us may be in the same boat - I wonder how telling the over-70s to self isolate will work? They all have regular prescriptions.

In my block (over 55s) there is me (60 next month and glad I discouraged family from organising a party), another woman 65, and the other 17 flats are all well in their 70s or 80s. One of them is 102.
I rather think I will be called upon to assist. Most of them have no internet either.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Someone has panic-bought all the extra strong mints from asda. This is untolerable.

I had some nice old biddy crowding right up next to me at the checkout, so she's probably gonna die now.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Egypt has just suspended flights until end of March. Will check if domestic only or international too.

International
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/365380/Egypt/Politics-/BREAKING-Egypt-to-suspend-intl-flights-over-corona.aspx

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 16, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's not only the UK that has racist gammons
Wouldn't have thought old conservative Egyptians would have gammon.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Wouldn't have thought old conservative Egyptians would have gammon.

Beef gammon ( they do beef bacon)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bionic vapour boy posted:

Oh which bit of Haringey if you don't mind answering? Tesco at seven sisters & one of the sainsburys locals near where I work were both trashed a couple days ago and I might need to send a housemate out to get me some odds & sods I didn't manage to get hold of D:

Green Lanes, not far from Turnpike Lane station

Mebh
May 10, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh poo poo I just had flashbacks from the WEIRD as loving poo poo intro with the naked couple flying into the air and morphing into the sun...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imP2MZxoM-s

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

dispatch_async posted:

ftse100 looking strong

*Things can only get better intensifies*

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mebh posted:

the naked couple flying into the air and morphing into the sun...
That's how sex works in France.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

That's how sex works in France.

That explains a lot about my french exchange trip in High School...

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
It's times like these I'm glad I have hobbies that involve going out into nature. I can still self isolate but actually do things that I enjoy (until I inevitably actually get the virus and then can't leave my sofa)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

But debt?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Instead of sending people to WFH my office is currently moving half the people in one department's workspace to another and vice-versa, to 'protect both departments in case one area of the building gets hit hard'

Good thing definitely none of these people are infected right!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Aphex- posted:

It's times like these I'm glad I have hobbies that involve going out into nature. I can still self isolate but actually do things that I enjoy (until I inevitably actually get the virus and then can't leave my sofa)

gonna probably drive to dartmoor on the weekend and wildcamp.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

History Comes Inside! posted:

Instead of sending people to WFH my office is currently moving half the people in one department's workspace to another and vice-versa, to 'protect both departments in case one area of the building gets hit hard'

Good thing definitely none of these people are infected right!

That's exactly the plan my company has, and the great migration starts tomorrow.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

quote:

According to the complaints of a survivor, the medical graduate student (24 years old) from Wuhan University, she must stay awake and breathe consciously and actively during the intensive care.

Ultimate nightmare

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
If anyone is stuck trying to get toilet paper or knows vulnerable folk who are, you can order it online from Staples and they have it in stock (or did last night)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Aphex- posted:

Yeah I'm looking forward to some nice weather and a wild camp at the weekend. Can't do/receive any damage out there.

hemale in pain posted:

gonna probably drive to dartmoor on the weekend and wildcamp.

Oh snap me too. Could be a few people doing that since the weather has been so poo poo for so long