Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

Ash Crimson posted:

Be the change you want to see, go out and catch the Corona and then visit all your relatives, neighbours and friends and go cough at them if you're that desperate to accelerate this poo poo

People thinking it was weird for you to fantasise about infecting the infirm does not mean it is time for you to fantasise about other people infecting the infirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
:lol:

London is hosed

Good job he waited to do the presser until the 11th hour

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I’m going to use elderly as a shield.

Avoid confined spaces such as pubs, clubs, and briefing rooms.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

bornbytheriver posted:

:lol:

London is hosed

So are many industries. Nurseries, private ones at least, are turbo hosed.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm going to spit directly into Boris Johnson's mouth.

Make sure he pays you upfront.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

bionic vapour boy posted:

People thinking it was weird for you to fantasise about infecting the infirm does not mean it is time for you to fantasise about other people infecting the infirm.

I don't think it's a fantasy at this point lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Someone hasn't given in to doomsday economics yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol he's still not banning public events

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Ash Crimson posted:

Really worried i might lose my job if this poo poo continues

Not like you to be worried.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's scary watching real old people wondering around outside but on the plus side the streets are quiet and a lot of people seem to be taking it seriously!

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

Ash Crimson posted:

I don't think it's a fantasy at this point lol

Alright Shipman off you pop then

zhar
May 3, 2019

Ash Crimson posted:

Be the change you want to see, go out and catch the Corona and then visit all your relatives, neighbours and friends and go cough at them if you're that desperate to accelerate this poo poo

There should be a rule against posting like this.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jose posted:

lol he's still not banning public events

bbc ticker is saying emergency services wont provide support to any mass gatherings

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

wtf is this guy rambling about

just close everything how loving hard is it. gently caress you

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
"Work from home if you want, idk."

- Boris Johnson

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hi guys, please avoid gatherings. we aren't banning them but please avoid them if you fee like it. thanks

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
In a way Boris should be thrilled. He always fantasised about being Churchill, now here's his big crisis. He could even do what Churchill did and make everyone forget all his garbage by pulling us through this disaster with strong leadership, forcing through major economic and public health provisions to minimise fatalities and provide security. But no, of course he only ever liked the idea of being this great statesman, he never actually wanted the responsibilities that go along with it, so he's going to hide away and do gently caress all and probably go down as the single worst PM Britain has ever had. So that's cool.

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.

keep punching joe posted:

"Work from home if you want, idk."

- Boris Johnson

Is there any indication that they'll be closing shops or does this continue to just be a suggestion rather than anything concrete? My connection keeps farting out on the livestream

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

hemale in pain posted:

wtf is this guy rambling about

just close everything how loving hard is it. gently caress you

number. must. go. up.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Alright Shipman off you pop then

gently caress off mate, I have elderly and health-compromised relatives, but Forkboy wants to accelerate poo poo you disengenuous gently caress

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

this is murder. they are trying to murder the olds

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Is there any indication that they'll be closing shops or does this continue to just be a suggestion rather than anything concrete? My connection keeps farting out on the livestream

One of the many things that they may or may not do.

Surely the economic hit would be less to just shut down the country for a month and then introduce stringent testing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Boy I sure am glad the government held off for a week before making this entirely foreseeable decision

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol horselord just got a month + ban so there is that to cheer people up in the lepers colony

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1239597451767668737

This virus is really sorting the credulous from the uncaring propagandists.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

zhar posted:

There should be a rule against posting like this.

Yeah agreed, Jose can you find an Ash post in GBS and probate him for it

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Jose posted:

lol horselord just got a month + ban so there is that to cheer people up in the lepers colony

what did he do lol

e:

HorseLord posted:

"Asexual" is people with no sex drive trying to interpret that in the pre existing framework we use to discuss homosexuality or bisexuality. They're trying to do this because they have no other framework to think about it with. It's basically like how in the middle ages people thought that heat and cold are substances.

It is a stupid an inappropriate thing to do, and you're right to roll your eyes at it, but society is not ready to have this conversation because it's trapped in the idea that stonewall is the start of history and everything needs a stripe flag made for it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

A ban seems a little overkill for that tbh, though I didn't read any of the context. Sounds like an interesting discussion to have, and the post doesn't seem overly abusive or anything.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 16, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KateOsborneMP/status/1239458652525903873

poo poo, turns out it doesn't just infect Tories.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I thought we got another IK after communism bitch got locked up in that Duchesses pegging dungeon or whatever reason they had not to be posting as much?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Her.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sorry. Probate her.

e: thanks!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Just been on the phone with my brother, a friend of his says her uncle's seen a screenshot of a whatsapp conversation sharing a photocopy of a leaked memo summarising an account of the minutes of a board meeting discussing advice from the UK Medical Treatment office recommending the supression in all media of the newly discovered wonder cure, listed as a combination of orange oil and cocoa solids, for fear of it disrupting their planned cull of the surplus population. If you see anything in stores that contains these two ingredients be sure to buy as many as you can. Scarf them down there in the shop. Force feed them to your grandma

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I work for a group that does injection moulded plastic parts and I feel I should suggest we try to quickly design a ventilator and it get to production ASAP but we also have zero electrical engineers and also are unlikely to have the liability insurance for medical devices. Currently we just mainly do toilets, lol.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I don't think daily press conferences of "Wash your hands and try to work from home. No we aren't organising any support at all or taking any direct action." will go down like they hoped.

loving hell.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hemale in pain posted:

try a small local shop if you can without a car park or trolleys. people can't load up insane number of items there.

Yeah i'm gonna check the local cornershop tomorrow.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Can only introduce measures at the right time, man says, while giving no indication whatsoever of how it's possible to know when is the right time

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ThomasPaine posted:

what did he do lol

e:

A ban seems a little overkill for that tbh, though I didn't read any of the context. Sounds like an interesting discussion to have, and the post doesn't seem overly abusive or anything.

It's a weird one but I think the context is people absolutely denying that asexuality exists as an identity. Hence his post about how it's just someone with a very low sex drive. Which somehow means they can't be part of a space to discuss it, they just have to be confused and lonely forever.

It's a weird attempt at gatekeeping.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ThomasPaine posted:

I don't think it's that it's an especially bad take, it's in line with the Marxist Gay Libbers like Red Butterfly who were of the "everyone is naturally bi or pan or something, but then the loving straights came along and made the thesis 'everything except 100% straight is disgusting' so we have to make the antithesis 'gently caress you I'm 100% gay' until we can get to the synthesis of free love" view.

That said, it probably doesn't belong in The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > TV IV > She-Ra and the Princesses of Power: For the Honor of Gayskull. Sir, this is a McDonald's and all that.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

why does the prime minister of the united kingdom keep talking about sombreros during a pandemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
So ignoring the fact that we're deliberately not actually testing much of anyone wouldnt the fact that yesterday had fewer new cases in the uk than the day before mean we're pretty much through the worst of this now? Bit of a fuss about nothing really.